Black Pearl

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
Natasha.

Re: Black Pearl

Post by Natasha. »

I like it!

A few questions:
How can I make the borders not rounded?
How can I make the width of the tables smaller?
Sam.F

Placement issues with Black Pearl

Post by Sam.F »

Hi everyone,

I'm having some issues with placement of various components in the 'Black Pearl' style under phpBB v3.0.2 and I'm hoping that someone can help me with them.

I'm trying to achieve the following:
1. Move the title graphic to the left and up
2. Center the entire forum in the browser window (it's roughly centered, but out by a dozen or so pixels)

I've done a fair bit of forum / Google searching, but the answers I've found seem to only apply to the default 'prosilver' or similar themes and don't appear to apply to 'Black Pearl'. For instance, many of the existing instructions refer to making modifications to a 'common.css' file, which is not included with 'Black Pearl'.

I was also trying to modify the forum width, which I eventually achieved by adding a 'width' line to the 'top_logo' section of the stylesheet.css file, however I'm not sure whether that is the correct / best way to achieve this.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Sam.
ecdrn

Post by ecdrn »

Hows it going, I just installed 3.0.2 on a new site for someone and its a clean install off server who has it for install on there server. I downloaded your style Black Pearl and Now the new topic post reply and so on buttons are not there. When I switch back to silver its fine and when I go to black pearl there gone again. How can I fix This. Any info would be great. Really like the look and great work on the style.
ecdrn

Post by ecdrn »

I got it now. Thanks anyway
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

got a question about the forum width settings for this style. i know it's in the stylesheet.css, but exactly where :mrgreen:
Cromartiefan

Post by Cromartiefan »

Love the style. I am a newbie and was trying to figure out if there is a manual of some type where I can figure out how to change the colors of it.

I know to go into the stylesheet to change the color features but I have no clue what changes what?
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Cromartiefan wrote:Love the style. I am a newbie and was trying to figure out if there is a manual of some type where I can figure out how to change the colors of it.

I know to go into the stylesheet to change the color features but I have no clue what changes what?
http://www.icyphoenix.com/colorizeit/
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
jro

Post by jro »

I think this style looks awesome...

I'm having a problem that the 'Post topic' and 'Post reply' buttons are not there, so no one can post on it. If I switch back to the default style they reappear again, but they aren't there when I use Black Pearl

Thanks.
jro

Post by jro »

I have just noticed that if I switch the language to 'British English', then they do appear. Is there a way that they appear regardless of the language chosen?
jro

Post by jro »

I've figured it out... I added an "en_us" folder, and that's seemed to've done the trick.
ZRXRider

Post by ZRXRider »

Hi
I have a bit of a problem and have obviously done something wrong somewhere........
I have installed Black Pearl and am very happy with the way it looks ect, but on the login page there seems to be nowhere new members can register, anyone have any ideas what i have done wrong??

the site can be found here www.team-viper.co.uk/forum

thanks for your help
Tim
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

ZRXRider wrote:Hi
I have a bit of a problem and have obviously done something wrong somewhere........
I have installed Black Pearl and am very happy with the way it looks ect, but on the login page there seems to be nowhere new members can register, anyone have any ideas what i have done wrong??

the site can be found here http://www.team-viper.co.uk/forum

thanks for your help
Tim
what version is your board at? it has to have phpbb3.0.2 for the register link to show ;)
ZRXRider

Post by ZRXRider »

Ah thats the problem then, still on the 3.0 had loads of probs updating..

thanks for the info.
Tim.
pstarstaff

N/A

Post by pstarstaff »

N/A
Last edited by pstarstaff on Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Oats

Post by Captain Oats »

Did I implement the wrong version of the style?
There is nothing to see with the style.
Look at the {TRANSLATION_INFO} variable.

Are you using the English (United States version) translation ?
http://www.support-phpbb2.com : Support for your phpBB2 Board

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”