from 2.0.23 to 3.0

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Scam Warning
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: from 2.0.23 to 3.0

Post by KevC »

What version is the very old one?
The version number is at the bottom of the admin panel.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
drn

Post by drn »

the very old version is a 1.0

the one I use is a 2.0.23
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Oh you should have said. phpBB1 certainly can't be converted. In fact you would probably have a job getting that to phpBB2 let alone 3.

The 2.0.23 should convert just fine.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
drn

Post by drn »

Well that is odd as it is converting the phpBB1 fine, just as it looked as I got ride of it - well I thought I did...

Tone I use now is the phpBB2, that is the one I want to convert, but the convert system doesn't even find that forum
drn

Post by drn »

thanks for helping me Dicky now it works.. I have a few problems finding my way around in the administrator pages... is there a help thing, where you can see how to do?

Or do I just have to look around trying out?
D¡cky
Former Team Member
Name: Richard Foote

Post by D¡cky »

A lot of it is by looking around and trying things out, but the User Guidewill have most of the information you need.
Have you hugged someone today?
drn

Post by drn »

Thanks so much for all the help.. :P
drn

Post by drn »

Oh one last question, if I like to change the text for the "registrate as member" page - the text you see before you say how old you are... in wich file do I change that?

In the phpBB2 it was the : language/lang_english/lang_main.php file you found that part in
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

To change the registration agreement you need to edit the language/en/ucp.php file. Use a basic text editor like notepad++ and use HTML for any bold, underline, italics and linking. Use <br/> for a new line.
drn

Post by drn »

thanks
drn

Post by drn »

I changed the file, but now it is saying:

phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3545: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/ucp.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3547: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/ucp.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3548: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/ucp.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3549: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/ucp.php:1)

in top of the forum when I go to the page, to registrate...
http://www.d-r-n.com/phpBB3/index.php

Did I use some kind of wrong command or sign? and the first part of the text is inviseble until you highlight it..

I made the text as I wanted it in my html program, then I replaced the old tearms with the new, in the note pad program
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Kevin Clark wrote:Use a basic text editor like notepad++
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm

Notepad does not save the file in the right format.
Get that one instead.
drn

Post by drn »

Thanks that helped...
Now it is working fine for me...
Aldric55

Post by Aldric55 »

hi I hope u dont mind me posting my problem on this thread but what if you dont have a convert tab ?
I had a problem with my v2 board and ive had to install v3 the install stuff says i have to run the conversion but there is no conversion tab when i asked my hosting company they said this
ask in a forum how to update a cpanel phpbb
any help would be much apreaciated
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Aldric55 wrote:hi I hope u dont mind me posting my problem on this thread but what if you dont have a convert tab ?
I had a problem with my v2 board and ive had to install v3 the install stuff says i have to run the conversion but there is no conversion tab when i asked my hosting company they said this
ask in a forum how to update a cpanel phpbb
any help would be much apreaciated
You should start your own topic explaining exactly what you've done so far with links to the 2x and 3x installations.

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”