IP-address in topic for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: IP-address in topic for phpBB3

Post by rxu »

Sure. The 'ip' entry was in the previous MOD version. It's became 'poster_ip' since ver.2.0.0.
There was similar question here and it was answered here ;)
Friendly

Post by Friendly »

Nice little mod! Thanks.

It would be very nice if we could click on the user's IP address and be brought to a whois query on them, though this isn't a dire need or anything. I just spent a while trying to figure out how to do it, but I don't understand the workings of PHPBB software well enough to be able to do it.
moselekm

Post by moselekm »

Is there a way to restrict this as a specific permission per user-group?
Great mod eitherway!
rxu

Post by rxu »

Friendly wrote:It would be very nice if we could click on the user's IP address and be brought to a whois query on them
There were some solutions on this... here and here I guess :)
moselekm wrote:Is there a way to restrict this as a specific permission per user-group?
For instance, you could replace the line in viewtopic.php

Code: Select all

'POSTER_IP'			=> (($auth->acl_get('a_') || $auth->acl_get('m_')) && $user->data['is_registered']) ? $row['poster_ip'] : '',
with the following

'POSTER_IP'			=> ($auth->acl_get('m_info') && $user->data['is_registered']) ? $row['poster_ip'] : '',
In this case, you can set an ability to view IP adresses in topic by setting "Can view post details" Misc Global moderator permission for users/groups.
muggins
Name: Donovan

Post by muggins »

Спасибо! Very nice, I've been looking for something like that. :D
Muggins
hellreturn

Post by hellreturn »

Was trying to add this in 3.0.1 but i cant find the code:

<p class="author"><!-- IF S_IS_BOT -->{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}<!-- ELSE --><a href="{postrow.U_MINI_POST}">{postrow.MINI_POST_IMG}</a><!-- ENDIF -->{L_POST_BY_AUTHOR} <strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong> {L_POSTED_ON_DATE} {postrow.POST_DATE}</p>
If i am not wrong i need to modify above lines to which are suggested on first page in:
viewtopic.php located in the forums folder.

But i am not able to find it. Any idea where i need to put it? First time installation so obvious u are dealing with newbie ^^
kramtronix

Post by kramtronix »

Is there a MOD for hiding IP addresses from MODeratorS?
KRAM ®
rxu

Post by rxu »

hellreturn wrote:i need to modify above lines to which are suggested on first page in:viewtopic.php
Actually, that line is from viewtopic_body,html (in /template folder of the style you're using) :)
kramtronix wrote:Is there a MOD for hiding IP addresses from MODeratorS?
You can either try this way or change the part of code of the line in viewtopic.php

'POSTER_IP'			=> (($auth->acl_get('a_') || $auth->acl_get('m_')) && $user->data['is_registered']) ? $row['poster_ip'] : '',
to allow to view IP addresses only for users having administrator permissions, for instanse:

'POSTER_IP'			=> ($auth->acl_get('a_') && $user->data['is_registered']) ? $row['poster_ip'] : '',
Xaman

Post by Xaman »

I installed this mod and made the necessary changes in the template, but still doesn't show any IP information on the posts.
rxu

Post by rxu »

So there're no errors showed? Did you purge the cache/refresh template in ACP? Did you edit the template for the style you're using currently?
Xaman

Post by Xaman »

rxu wrote:So there're no errors showed? Did you purge the cache/refresh template in ACP? Did you edit the template for the style you're using currently?
Yes, I did all that, no errors. I'm using my own style, so I made the changes on the prosilver and change it to that one. Still nothing. :(
JeRicHoOL

Post by JeRicHoOL »

I have installed the mod version 2.0.0 on my phpBB 3.0.2 board. I applied all the instructions, refreshed the template and purged the cache. Nothing has changed. No errors and no IP's. I'm admin and I can't see the IP for admins and for members. Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance. ;)

EDIT: Sorry. It works. I thought the IP will appear next to the topic author. I saw it adds the IP to the profile next to the post. Really cool mod. Thank you. :)

EDIT 2: How can I hide the user IP's from moderators so that only admins can see the IP's?
rxu

Post by rxu »

JeRicHoOL wrote:How can I hide the user IP's from moderators so that only admins can see the IP's?
In viewtopic.php find

and replace it with

'POSTER_IP'			=> (($auth->acl_get('a_') && $user->data['is_registered']) ? $row['poster_ip'] : '',
Xaman wrote:I made the changes on the prosilver and change it to that one.
Do you mean it doesn't work for prosilver? It has to be shown in users' miniprofiles beside the posts in viewtopic.
ChriZathens
Name: Chris

Post by ChriZathens »

muggins wrote:Very nice, thanks! I will try making it a pop-up window...

Change the replacement to this:

<!-- IF postrow.POSTER_IP --><dd><strong>{L_IP}:</strong> <a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="window.open('http://en.utrace.de/?query={postrow.POSTER_IP}' , 'popup','width=800,height=620,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,toolbar=no,directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,status=no,left=0,top=0'); return false">{postrow.POSTER_IP}</a></dd><!-- ENDIF --> 
Nice one, muggins.. :D
Although I would suggest to change
scrollbars=no
to
scrollbars=yes
because it might confuse someone and make them believe that there is something missing there.. :lol:

And by the way, rxu, nice, easy and useful mod, man...Well done!!!
My mods in MODDB:
Add Homepage link in header - Change user activity post limit - Post number in viewtopic
If you need support click on the support tab there and post your question.
Do not PM me - chances of viewing my PMs are way thinner than viewing the support question in the customization DB...
Xaman

Post by Xaman »

It still shows nothing for me. :(

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”