[DISC] RPG Stats/Battle mod and more!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Moogie

Post by Moogie »

Sorry folks, no update today. It's taken me somewhat longer than expected to trawl through this thread to find anything that needs changing since the last release.

Pokemaster: You need to install the shop mod (v1.2.0) first.

Alienz: That's probably a problem with the points mod and not with this one. I know I don't have that problem at SFC.

Right, now for the long bit...

I've tried to get together a list of all the stuff I'll need to change in the file (hopefully tomorrow) for the 'final' (but still 'as-is' ;)) release...

If I've missed anything off, or if I noticed a problem but didn't spot the fix and you know where/what the fix is, please reply with the info, thanks!!

Fixes:

Arena ticket:
User attacks don't miss, due to an = instead of a ==. I'll fix this & add instructions for fixing it. Also a misnamed variable (which didn't matter when missing wasn't working, but will now ;)) will need changing.

Stockmarket:
bulkbuy/sell qty bugfix (as posted on p60)

Cashmod compatability:
mode != edit fix, preventing points/exp gain on edit.

Auction:
messaging fix (as on p79)
config.php 'headers problem on bid' fix, as posted by Suede on this page (or sometime recently)

Salary:
admin pay fix? - Couldn't spot the fix for this... nor really what the problem was!

Admin panel: Add Mav's code
before //main page add
if(is_array($_GET))
{
extract($_GET, EXTR_PREFIX_SAME, "get");
}
if(is_array($_POST))
{
extract($_POST, EXTR_PREFIX_SAME, "post");
}

I assume Mav's code will have no negative side effects for those who don't actually need it?

There was also mention of some problem in the admin panel for adding shops or updating items or something... I don't have this problem and didn't spot a fix. Anyone?

HQ: Add Mav's code
$action = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) ) ? htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) : '';
after
$user_id = ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['user_id']) ) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['user_id']) : 0;

I assume Mav's code will have no negative side effects for those who don't actually need it?

Usable items mod:
Add the append _sid (was there also a need for removing the ucwords() bits?) to prevent constant login pages!

All PHP files: (is this really necessary in all files? ... or would a mention of it as a possible common fix be enough?)
Add
import_request_variables("gp");
after
define('IN_PHPBB', 1);

Instructions:
Remove the border=0 from a FIND bit
Fix the td classes - I think this was mentioned somewhere, but I've no idea which bits need to change as my templates are so different!
Add some apparently missing SQL: (thought I already did...)
ALTER TABLE phpbb_shopitems ADD cauldron tinyint( 1 ) unsigned NOT NULL default '0'
CREATE TABLE phpbb_cauldron (itemcombo TEXT NOT NULL , itemresult VARCHAR( 32 ) NOT NULL , hidden TINYINT( 1 ) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL);

New Stuff
Add new usable items to zip - Heal/Detox spell out of battle
Upload other animations from theanimewizard

Extras:
Include the "armour has real effect" & "defend against first attack" extras

Add links on my phpBB mods page:
link to instructions for shop 2.0.6 from Narc0sis
http://eric.best-1.biz/index.php for more mods :)

Have I missed anything out?

So, that's the stuff I hope to add. Things in red are things I'm not 100% sure on and could do with some responses to help out ;) I'll try to get these all done tomorrow and uploaded, as well as detailing fix instructions for those who already have the mod, on my page.
Moogie
Earthk

Post by Earthk »

Just finished installing the stockmarket mod and realized that I've to
manually click the buttons in order to change the stock prices.

I'm wondering whether did anyone managed to automate this by, maybe,
change the prices automatically everytime someone enter the stockmarket
shop? If there isn't any, any advice on how to run this efficiently without
returning to update the prices too frequently? Thanks :D
Enders

Post by Enders »

Moogie wrote: Admin panel: Add Mav's code
before //main page add
if(is_array($_GET))
{
}
if(is_array($_POST))
{
}

There was also mention of some problem in the admin panel for adding shops or updating items or something... I don't have this problem and didn't spot a fix. Anyone?

HQ: Add Mav's code
$action = ( isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) ) ? htmlspecialchars($HTTP_POST_VARS['action']) : '';
after
$user_id = ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['user_id']) ) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['user_id']) : 0;

All PHP files: (is this really necessary in all files? ... or would a mention of it as a possible common fix be enough?)
Add
after
define('IN_PHPBB', 1);

Mav's fixes did resolve many issues, but only on the new shop. The import_request_variables resolved the same issues, but on the old shop mod. It is definately not a good idea to include these in the installation, but having them there for a possible fix is good. They do have some side-effects, but generally get the system working. It does need to be added to all your files for the fix to work, including the shop.

It is a problem with refreshing, as anything you do in the HQ/Shop will simply refresh the screen and not alter anything. Including the fix allows alterations to go through, but spawns some errors at the top of the screen. Harmless, but it doesn't look good having errors pop up.

Great system though Moogie :)
Mav
Former Team Member

Post by Mav »

this code
Moogie wrote: HQ: Add Mav's code
after

is a more specific version of this code
Moogie wrote: Admin panel: Add Mav's code
before //main page add
if(is_array($_GET))
{
}
if(is_array($_POST))
{
}

the 2nd one takes any GET or POST variable and registers it as a global. the first only does it for the $action variable. probably best to use the 2nd code on both pages.
Moogie wrote: All PHP files:
Add
after
define('IN_PHPBB', 1);

this does the same thing as my 2nd code, registering all POST and GET vars. it doesn't need to go in every php file, as the standard phpBB files are already setup to register any vars they use.
it'd just need to go in php files that come with the RPG mod, and the old item shop files (as they didn't register global vars either)

i think this code causes errors because no prefix has been specified for the vars it registers (and if your php error reporting level is setup a certain way)
i think that

Code: Select all

import_request_variables("gp", "");
might work. the "" should contain the (optional) prefix for this php function, hopefully specifying it as empty will stop the errors.

if this does work, use this and forget about the code i suggested :)
AzNPyNoYBoY

Post by AzNPyNoYBoY »

Is moogie still working on that additional quest mod???
GoldenSun Odyssey
Join our forums as well!

rickhaye

Post by rickhaye »

I've installed moogie's auction mod and evrything works except one thing... when viewing the members profile, It doesn't log how many auctions the member has already won....

It only shows this...

Auction: won

I noticed when visiting other forums that if you have not won any auctions it should show...

Auction: 0 won

But it does not show this at my forums, any ideas what portion of the code I need to check ??? Everything else works OK though ... Can somebody help me please... Thanks
Suede

Post by Suede »

AzNPyNoYBoY wrote: Is moogie still working on that additional quest mod???

no I dont think so - however, Nuladion's churning out a pretty impressive Quest add-on at WGErics boards at http://eric.best-1.biz/viewtopic.php?t=161
Moogie

Post by Moogie »

Rick: Did you update usercp_viewprofile.php correctly?

Can't stop long now, lost connection while posting, so even less time now ;)

Have almost finished my updates, including a page of common fixes. Will finish off & upload ASAP! Sorry 'bout the delay. Thanks for the replies to my list, most handy.

Anyone know which TD classes needed fixing, and in what?

No, I'm not working on the quest mod anymore, Nu's is better ;)
Moogie
malitic

Post by malitic »

Does anybody know how to make it so the hp and mp bars show up in 2.0.6?
You have been reading this thread for Image Minutes and Image Image
rickhaye

Post by rickhaye »

Moogie wrote: Rick: Did you update usercp_viewprofile.php correctly?

Have almost finished my updates, including a page of common fixes. Will finish off & upload ASAP! Sorry 'bout the delay. Thanks for the replies to my list, most handy.

I think I know where I messed up, the install text tells me to find this line :

'DONATE_POINTS' => $donate_points,

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

'AUCTIONS_WON' => $auctions_won,
'AUCTIONS_UNPAID' => $auctions_unpaid,

I think that's for the pointsmod but I'm using the cashmod, so I don't have that line. Well at least that's what I think is wrong with my code anyways.

*** EDITED *** FIXED !!! I did just trial and error inserting the codes needed and I got it working now. I just inserted it before this line and it worked:

'POSTS_PER_DAY' => $posts_per_day,

Thanks anyways... Moogie this mod is really cool and you're the greatest !!!
play-fo

Post by play-fo »

Hey you guys,

I have been searching for an easy to install RPG/Item/etc system...

however when I want to install I really lose track of all the things to do..

Can anyone help me?

I really need some help installing this MOD(s)
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Moogie wrote: Rick: Did you update usercp_viewprofile.php correctly?

theres one in the registration page.

you switched the classes of the 2 <tds> thingy...

EDIT:

ok here it is

instead of
#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

<tr>
<td class="row2"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_TIMEZONE}:</b></span></td>
<td class="row1"><span class="gensmall">{TIMEZONE_SELECT}</b></span></td>
</tr>

#
#

<!-- BEGIN switch_class_select -->
<tr>
<td class="row2"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_CLASS_SELECT}:</b></span></td>
<td class="row1"><span class="gensmall">{CLASS_SELECT}</b></span></td>
</tr>
<!-- END switch_class_select -->

it should be
#
#

templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl

#
#

<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_TIMEZONE}:</b></span></td>
<td class="row2"><span class="gensmall">{TIMEZONE_SELECT}</b></span></td>
</tr>

#
#

<!-- BEGIN switch_class_select -->
<tr>
<td class="row1"><span class="genmed"><b>{L_CLASS_SELECT}:</b></span></td>
<td class="row2"><span class="gensmall">{CLASS_SELECT}</b></span></td>
</tr>
<!-- END switch_class_select -->
Mastro

Post by Mastro »

play-fo wrote: Hey you guys,

I have been searching for an easy to install RPG/Item/etc system...

however when I want to install I really lose track of all the things to do..

Can anyone help me?

I really need some help installing this MOD(s)

I'm having the same issuse.

Is there no easy install instructions for this MOD? It's like an 88 page post here or something, and skimming through all these post leave me more confused on what mods I need, and what version, and this shop mod is newer but you hae to alter it to get it to work? Useing the points system but it might work with the cash system, whereever those are. I downloaded the MOD and it's horribly put together as far as where to start. I dont know where to start, where to get the mods it needs, other then trying to search for them, then reading on here there's newer version of some mods.

Would like some guidence as where to start. Would be nice in the read me if it was more simple:
You need these mods link, link, link
Install mod 1, 3 then 2
Follow these install instructions, a, b, c, d, e

It's just a bunch of folders and here figure it out.
fateorfantasy

Post by fateorfantasy »

Why do people complain, it's so annoying, she didn't have to release it, and you don't have to use it. She released it as-is. I installed it in less than an hour, when it was first released, and I'm 13. Go write your own script if you don't like the install instructions so much. But if you're willing to give it a second chance, here are the things you must install:

1. Points System* OR Cash Mod (Current Version: 2.0.2)**
2. Useable Items Addon (Included in zip file)
3. Shop Mod 1.2.0***

*Version 2 requires some additional modifications which are enclosed in file called "Points Mod v2 fix.txt"
**Requires some additional modifications which are enclosed in file called "Cash Mod Compatability.txt"
***I couldn't find the link someone posted to their file, so I uploaded it again.

It will not work with Shop Mod 2.6.0! [as of Thursday, September 19, 2003]
-Current Fix [not totally complete]: Monday, September 15, 2003

If you choose to use the old admin_shop.php, do the following, it adds the code so that you can edit the accessforum field:

Code: Select all

# 
# 
admin/admin_shop.php

# 
# 
		$sql = "insert into phpbb_shopitems (name, shop, sdesc, ldesc, cost, startprice, raise, stock, startstock, maxstock, sold, type, class, battle_effect, mp_cost, cauldron) values('$item', '$shopname', '$shortdesc', '$longdesc', '$price', '$price', '0', '$stock', '$stock', '$maxstock', '0', '$type', '$newclasslist', '$battle_effect', '$mpcost', '$cauldron')";

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
		$sql = "insert into phpbb_shopitems (name, shop, sdesc, ldesc, cost, stock, maxstock, sold, accessforum, type, class, battle_effect, mp_cost, cauldron) values('$item', '$shopname', '$shortdesc', '$longdesc', '$price', '$stock', '$maxstock', '0', '$forumaccess', '$type', '$newclasslist', '$battle_effect', '$mpcost', '$cauldron')";

# 
# 
	if ((!is_null($sold)) && (is_numeric($sold)) && ($sold != $row['sold'])) { $sql[] = "update phpbb_shopitems set sold='$longdesc' where name='$shopitem'"; }

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
	if ((!is_null($forumaccess)) && (is_numeric($forumaccess)) && ($forumaccess != $row['accessforum'])) { $sql[] = "update phpbb_shopitems set accessforum='$forumaccess' where name='$shopitem'"; }

# 
# 
<input type=\"text\" name=\"maxstock\" size=\"32\" maxlength=\"3\"></span></td></tr>

# 
# 
<tr><td class=\"row2\"><span class=\"gensmall\">Access Forum ID</span></td><td class=\"row2\"><input name=\"forumaccess\" type=\"text\" size=\"32\" maxlength=\"4\" value=\"".$row['accessforum']."\"></td></tr>

# 
# 
<input name=\"sold\" type=\"text\" size=\"32\" maxlength=\"5\" value=\"".$row['sold']."\"></td></tr>

# 
# 
<tr><td class=\"row2\"><span class=\"gensmall\">Access Forum ID</span></td><td class=\"row2\"><input name=\"forumaccess\" type=\"text\" size=\"32\" maxlength=\"4\" value=\"".$row['accessforum']."\"></td></tr>
If you are looking for some pictures for items on your site:
· http://www.rpgicons.com/toe.html

FAQ
1. How do you add the HP/EXP/PL bars to viewtopic.php?
-It would be ill advised that you do, since it sucks up bandwidth on the server's side and on the user's side.
2. How do you add the user's class and level to the viewtopic.php?
-Just follow this link: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 526#707526
Last edited by fateorfantasy on Sun Sep 28, 2003 9:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Gemmaknight22

Post by Gemmaknight22 »

fateorfantasy wrote: It will not work with Shop Mod 2.6.0! [as of Thursday, September 19, 2003]

If you have check a few pages back, you would have found the script for 2.60.....

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”