Restore permissions button gone, help!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Hathaway

Restore permissions button gone, help!

Post by Hathaway »

Your board's URL: http://forum.ufplanets.com
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.3
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? Update
If update, what package(s) did you use? Was 3.0.0 prior to update
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB? Yes
MODs you have installed: None
When the problem started: First time noticed since update
Your level of expertise (be honest): 3/10

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used: Arrow (heavily modified)
Language(s) used: English

I just finished updating to 3.0.3 from 3.0.0. Everything in the installation went smoothly. One of my members came to me soon after saying he had lost all his permissions on the board. So I checked this by testing his user permissions and all the forums had disappeared, even those visible to guests. However the real problem is that the restore user permissions button has disappeared as well, locking me in this user's permissions status.
I do have an alternative account with admin access, but what can I do to get my usual account back to its former status?
Thanks for your time.

GWAVE 23 xDoWx
Name: Damon Osborne

Re: Restore permissions button gone, help!

Post by GWAVE 23 xDoWx »

I have never used a "Restore Permissions buton". What i do is click on the link to go to the ACP then it says that you are using someone elses permissions and there is an option to revert to your own permissions. Click that and it should work.

Hope that helps.

Hathaway

Post by Hathaway »

The admin panel link isn't there anymore as it doesn't think I'm an admin, but even copy pasting the admin link into my browser only brings the standard, "Access to the Administration Control Panel is not allowed as you do not have administrative permissions." message.
Anyone have any other ideas?

GWAVE 23 xDoWx
Name: Damon Osborne

Post by GWAVE 23 xDoWx »

Try logging in with your other admin account then editing your other user admin permissions.

Hathaway

Post by Hathaway »

OK that flushed out the problem, but I just tried using it on another member and the same thing happened. I'll use this method to recover my account from now on, but it hasn't resolved the original problem.

Hathaway

Post by Hathaway »

Oh I forgot to mention that I recently switched hosts as well. The host sorted out the mySQL database, presumably switching it to the correct address so that it would show.
Could this have caused any issues, or perhaps not doing something have caused this to occur?

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

As you have no MODs, I would try uploading all new files and clearing out the cache folder of all the files except for the index.html and htaccess files.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”