i am sorry for the confusion that i might have been introducing in this forum, let me explain.
I am the original author of the Mail to Forum (M2F) mod, i have started to the develop it an year a go, and i have released the source code to the public Domain under the GPL license. The original website was http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/m2f
At that time i didn't had the time to continue my development effort since i was taking and intense pos-graduation that was taking all my time.
The M2F has been continued by two people that were sort of helping me with the development. They have created m2f.netclectic.com and they are now releasing an alpha release that is working.
In the meanwhile, i have come back, with different ideas on where i wanted to evolve M2F. Since i didn't want to generate noise regarding the evolution of M2F, I decided to change the name of the program to CM2F and to implement the changes that i wanted. So at this moment CM2F is moving forward the following functionalities:
- Mailinglist to forum integration
- Direct Mode -> Define a forum where to send all the messages in a mailing list
- Interactive mode -> Import mailinglist messages into CM2F database and interactively redirect the messages to the destination forum.
- Replymatic -> Redirect manually the first message , and replies will automatically be forwarded to the same forum.
- Forum to mailing list -> Every message post in a forum will be automatically be sent to the associated mailing list
- Forum Subscription -> Let users subscribe to a forum, like they would do to a mailing list.
- glossary mode -> configure words that are suppose to be displayed with a definition associate to them.
- Language mode -> Select the languages to be associated with the mailinglist, and them associate translation mechanism that allow to automatically translate them to other languages.
The integration mode are with:
- Sendmail .forward
- Files -> to import mailing lists archive in order of recover the previous messages in the mailing list.
The new features that are being developped are:
- PNPhpBB integration -> that is almost done
- Postnuke integration - News, Sections and Topics, that is being implemented, this will allow to create a link between the first post in a thread and an article posted in the postnuke environment under a predefined topic/section.
As you can see, the scope of this project goes a little bit further that M2F, and it is why i have decided to change the name to CM2F - Community Management to Forum) since the forum with be the heart of the system.
So if you are interrested in integrationg mailinglists and forums now, you should continue to follow m2f.netclectic.com since they are doing a wonderful work. If you want have a fully integrated community management system, than you should be following this thread or to visit the website http://www.digitalgraal.dyndns.org