Posts per day

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
MartectX

Re: Posts per day

Post by MartectX »

stokerpiller wrote:Then I will be hearing from You soon ;)
Maybe a new stats mod?
Nah... this was even close to not being made a mod because it's really a very small modification.
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

Good little mod just installed it no problem :D
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

edited wrong topic :oops:
alphared

Post by alphared »

FeuerSturm wrote:hey guys!

first of all, thanks for this Mod!

I have a big problem though:
I can install that mod without a problem, it shows the posts per day correctly,
BUT after installing the mod the captcha image on "Register" is broken in my forum.
It just shows a white square with a red cross in it and noone can successfully register
anymore.

After undoing the changes in the files (uninstalling the mod), the captcha image worked
again like it never stopped working.

Does anyone have the same problem and maybe a solution?

I'm pretty sure that I installed the mod correctly!

Thanks in advance!
Well, I have say that I think this is my problem too. I modded my board about two weel\ks ago and since then noone can register because the captcha image neither shows in the registration form nor in the acp. I have looked through all my mods threads and this is the only one that has a report of this problem....none of the mods should have this problem as none of them go near the captcha.

I know the person who found the problem found the solution, I would appreciate some guidance, I edit in notepad normally, as I did with this mod.
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

alphared wrote:Well, I have say that I think this is my problem too. I modded my board about two weel\ks ago and since then noone can register because the captcha image neither shows in the registration form nor in the acp. I have looked through all my mods threads and this is the only one that has a report of this problem....none of the mods should have this problem as none of them go near the captcha.

I know the person who found the problem found the solution, I would appreciate some guidance, I edit in notepad normally, as I did with this mod.
1.) This is not related to this MOD

2.) You should've at least read two posts further:
FeuerSturm wrote:damn, I have been really stupid!

I made the changes with standard windows notepad!
alphared

Post by alphared »

MartectX wrote:
alphared wrote:Well, I have say that I think this is my problem too. I modded my board about two weel\ks ago and since then noone can register because the captcha image neither shows in the registration form nor in the acp. I have looked through all my mods threads and this is the only one that has a report of this problem....none of the mods should have this problem as none of them go near the captcha.

1.) This is not related to this MOD

2.) You should've at least read two posts further:
FeuerSturm wrote:damn, I have been really stupid!

I made the changes with standard windows notepad!
1) If two people have the same issue with the same mod, it 'may' very well have to do with the mod. Since I have been using notepad for every webpage I have ever built, and I have never had a problem before.

2) I DID read two posts later, notice my second paragraph where I illude to the solution. I have designed hundreds of pages with notepad, so I would like to know what they used instead, and if they changed anything in the new editor.

3) Since this problem seems to be connected in some (even indirect) way to your mod it may benefit your mod users to know that a problem (even an indirect one) exists and that a solution is possible.
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

alphared -> This mod is easy to install/uninstall
Try uninstall and see what happens
I am done with phpBB
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

alphared wrote:I have designed hundreds of pages with notepad, so I would like to know what they used instead, and if they changed anything in the new editor.
Try Notepad++, especially when tempering with language files.
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Hope to get some help on formatting the numbers with a comma so it would look like this_
instead of
any idea how to do that?
I am done with phpBB
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

Post by RMcGirr83 »

You can try this, open index.php, find

Code: Select all

$posts_per_day = $total_posts / $boarddays;
after add

$posts_per_day = number_format($posts_per_day, 2, ',', ' ');
You could probably get more clever and have it display based off the users language.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

No, that does not work. No comma and it removed the decimals.
I am done with phpBB
MartectX

Post by MartectX »

stokerpiller wrote:Hope to get some help on formatting the numbers with a comma so it would look like this: 3,14
OPEN

index.php

FIND

'POSTS_PER_DAY'	=> sprintf($user->lang[$l_posts_per_day_s], $posts_per_day),
REPLACE WITH

'POSTS_PER_DAY'	=> str_replace('.', ',', sprintf($user->lang[$l_posts_per_day_s], $posts_per_day)),
stokerpiller

Post by stokerpiller »

Thanks, worked perfect :)
I am done with phpBB
Richazey

Post by Richazey »

For anyone wanting to do the same for topics all you have to do is duplicate every edit and replace every POSTS with TOPICS and every posts with topics and the mod works fine, not worked out how to do the same for users yet though :D
Boewie

Post by Boewie »

I have installed the mod, but nothing happend. I have uninstalled it and installed it again, but nothing happend.
I read everything in this forum, tryed the solutions, but nothing seems to work.
Please help me.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”