stylesheet.css not showing changes

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Suggested Hosts
vaudevillian

stylesheet.css not showing changes

Post by vaudevillian »

Hello,
Was hoping the 3.0.4 update would help me with my current issue, but it apparently didn't :'(

Anyways, I'm currently having an issue when editing my stylesheet.css in the ACP themes editor.
The changes are apparently saving to the file as they should, but the changes ARE NOT appearing on the forums themselves.
http://www.gamingsanctum.com/forums/

I've changed a few backgrounds to dark grey for testing, and they have yet to switch.

I've done the following that were suggested in similar threads:
1) Purge the cache via ACP
2) Purge the cache via FTP
3) Empty computers temporary internet files
4) ACP >>> Load Settings >>> Recompile stale style components

And I've had no luck. I didn't see any other suggestions, so I thought I'd ask here. :-)

Running on a Linux server with php 5.2.x
SQL 4.1.x
HGN
Former Team Member
Name: Alfred

Re: stylesheet.css not showing changes

Post by HGN »

If you edit the theme style sheet from the ACP you should be aware that a number of definition is doen twice in styles like proSilver. First default settings are made (common.css), after that specific settings may be overriding the default settings (colours.css). The stylesheet in the ACP is a collection of several stylesheets having colours.css as last one.

Changing a theme through ACP, you should be aware to modify the latest instance of an item (search upward from the bottom of the file). (Note that renewing the theme will overwrite the changes made through ACP, because the individual files will be combines into a new overall stylesheet.css.)
vaudevillian

Post by vaudevillian »

I had discovered that with prosilver so now I've been trying with subsilver2, unfortunatly the changes still don't seem to be taking effect.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

For subsilver2, you should be editing the stylesheet.css file directly, rather than in the ACP.
In either case, you should refresh your webbrowser by using F5 on your index page.
vaudevillian

Post by vaudevillian »

Thanks.
I just edited the file directly as suggested, that seems to be working.

Thanks again
-vince

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”