[ABD] TinyMCE integration

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
garak
Name: Massimiliano Arione

Re: [DEV] TinyMCE integration

Post by garak »

Pseudonym wrote:Very cool mod, Garak. I've been waiting for this for a while now.

Obviously this is still in development stage, but what are the current limitations? Have you got WYSIWYG Quotes working nicely? Inline files?

Very exciting - I'll keep an eye on your progress! :D
I'm happy you appreciate my work.
Well, actually it's in development just because it's a young mod. I want to wait until a good number of people will use it, and possibly report bugs (to fix them ASAP).
If you want to know what is working and what is not: just try it ;) and let us know.
Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh »

I don't know much about TinyMCE so I will be a total noob for a second here..

My first question is, I would understand that it might involve some small graphic design on my part, but is it possible to convert custom bbcodes into TinyMCE options?

Secondly, does this adapt to the style you are using? If you are using a darker style, does it stick out like a sore thumb?

Thanks! If you could provide an answer for those, I might look into installing it. It looks sweet! :D
garak

Post by garak »

Mudjosh wrote:I don't know much about TinyMCE so I will be a total noob for a second here..

My first question is, I would understand that it might involve some small graphic design on my part, but is it possible to convert custom bbcodes into TinyMCE options?

Secondly, does this adapt to the style you are using? If you are using a darker style, does it stick out like a sore thumb?

Thanks! If you could provide an answer for those, I might look into installing it. It looks sweet! :D
First: yes, but a knowloedge of javascript is required, since you must edit plugins/bbcode/editor_plugin.js file to add your custom bbcodes (as long with desired HTML to be converted to/from)

Second: not automatically, but you can manage with graphic files to create your custom TinyMCE theme.
Mudjosh

Post by Mudjosh »

I am actually about to start in college for website design.. Sadly I'm not quite in there so I don't know javascript yet.. Is there a site on the web that gives tutorials on Javascript? I don't know if w3schools does or not.. but that is where I go for html.. :?
garak

Post by garak »

Mudjosh wrote:I am actually about to start in college for website design.. Sadly I'm not quite in there so I don't know javascript yet.. Is there a site on the web that gives tutorials on Javascript? I don't know if w3schools does or not.. but that is where I go for html.. :?
This is a bit off topic. You should search google, or better amazon (a book is better than a tutorial, if you're just a beginner)
bypan6

Post by bypan6 »

Hi garak,

Thanks for the great plugin! I wanted to report that the integration works well for IE and Firefox, but does not work for Safari. (In Safari, the html does not get rendered automatically back into bbcode.)
garak

Post by garak »

bypan6 wrote:Hi garak,

Thanks for the great plugin! I wanted to report that the integration works well for IE and Firefox, but does not work for Safari. (In Safari, the html does not get rendered automatically back into bbcode.)
Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your bug, since Safari is not available for Linux.
Can you dig into it? Do you think it's a TinyMCE problem? (maybe you can try with latest version)
Or it could be an issue of my javascript code?
Let me know.
Thanks.
almsamim

Post by almsamim »

garak wrote:
bypan6 wrote:Hi garak,

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce your bug, since Safari is not available for Linux.
Can you dig into it? Do you think it's a TinyMCE problem? (maybe you can try with latest version)
Or it could be an issue of my javascript code?
Let me know.
Thanks.
it's big issue in safari due to apple-span tags
bypan6

Post by bypan6 »

I'm not too familiar with programming, so I wouldn't know how to fix this.

However, I did find the page below, highlighting the issue - if it helps anyone:

https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=12248
Galaxy21

Post by Galaxy21 »

Hi Garak,

just found your MOD. Very nice one. I'll try to install it and then report bugs, when I find them.

How about custom BBCode? That would have to be implemented manually?
garak

Post by garak »

Galaxy21 wrote:Hi Garak,

just found your MOD. Very nice one. I'll try to install it and then report bugs, when I find them.

How about custom BBCode? That would have to be implemented manually?
Yes, you need to change the javascript code. I added a note to my original post to state it.
jeremyotten

Post by jeremyotten »

Go and look here guys

www.almsamim.com

there editor rocks ;-)
t1mm3h

Post by t1mm3h »

This is great garak thank for sharing this!
DaTaiMeo

Post by DaTaiMeo »

Thanhs so much!
Great solution, better than config fckeditor!
Vote 10/10
yuukoweb

Post by yuukoweb »

Garak,
You're mod is really great and i already made it working, but can i ask if whenever i try to post the advance tiny mce editor will be used.
I mean this one
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/examples/full.php

And whenever i try to make spaces between paragraphs, it ignores it and don't show the spaces.

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”