A few questions...

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
Dawn7246

A few questions...

Post by Dawn7246 »

I have a few questions regarding some mods installed on my board.

First of all...

When a new member signs up, they get information of a member that we had deleted previsously. They get all of their shop items, money, etc.... and I dont want that to happen.

Also, the "rank and rank color" doesnt automatically change with their post count. Any ideas what the issue is with that?

How do you "remove" mods that you have installed?

Also, could someone please tell me how to HIDE the shoutbox so guests cannot see it?

I'd appreciate it.
My forum is: http://www.theladiescafe.com if you would like to look...
ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Re: A few questions...

Post by ric323 »

Dawn7246 wrote:I have a few questions regarding some mods installed on my board.
MOD related questions should be asked from where you downloaded the MOD.
If from phpbb.com, then in the release topic for that MOD.
When a new member signs up, they get information of a member that we had deleted previsously. They get all of their shop items, money, etc.... and I dont want that to happen.
How did you delete the user? If it was the normal way (in the ACP), then this is a bug in the MOD, ask the MOD author.
Also, the "rank and rank color" doesnt automatically change with their post count. Any ideas what the issue is with that?
Rank color is not a standard phpBB feature. Ask the MOD author.
How do you "remove" mods that you have installed?
That depends how you installed them.
If you used EasyMOD, then it can uninstall, but only in the reverse order that they were installed.
If you did it by hand, then just remove each of the edits that the installation instructions told you to do.
Also, could someone please tell me how to HIDE the shoutbox so guests cannot see it?
Ask the author of that shoutbox MOD.
My forum is: http://www.theladiescafe.com if you would like to look...
I tried to look at your board, but Norton blocked it saying it detected "HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity".
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions
Dawn7246

Post by Dawn7246 »

Maybe thats why I am not getting any new members...

Any reason why it would be saying: "HTTP Malicious Toolkit Variant Activity".

I'd appreciate help...
Lloyd Dotson

Post by Lloyd Dotson »

Your site has probably been hacked.

These hackers install malicious scripts on each index.htm or index.html page on the entire site. I haven't seen any of these on any of the index.php or index.asp pages but it won't hurt to check them.

You need to open and check the source files of each of these pages on your entire site.

The hackers put scripts at the top between the <Head> and </Head> and at the bottom of the page after the </html>. The best way to check the page is open it in your favorite text editor, note pad or what ever you use, and scrool all the way to the bottom and see if there is anything after the </html> syntax. if there is delete it and check the top between the <head> and </head> for any scripts that you did not install yourself.

You must remove these added scripts.

If you have back-up's of your site, which you should have, you can just re-install all the index.htm or html pages.

If you don't have back-up's of your site, shame on you, and you have access to the file manager on your server you can edit them there.

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”