Installation Issues

Archive of support for the automated MOD installation tool codenamed "Blinky". For support questions regarding AutoMOD please visit here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: IF YOU NEED SUPPORT FOR AUTOMOD PLEASE VISIT THE APPROPRIATE LOCATION HERE.
phreakwars

Re: Installation Issues

Post by phreakwars »

Tested it out with a couple MODS on my local drive using the "DIRECT" option... VERY NICE !!!
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
RATT

Post by RATT »

I get a solid white screen when trying to install. Nothing is happening, I ran the SQL queries manually but now I need to know which modules to set in the ACP.
phreakwars

Post by phreakwars »

RATT wrote:I get a solid white screen when trying to install. Nothing is happening, I ran the SQL queries manually but now I need to know which modules to set in the ACP.
Try the previous page for solution.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8142695
MODS by me: Default Topic Icon
RATT

Post by RATT »

phreakwars wrote:
RATT wrote:I get a solid white screen when trying to install. Nothing is happening, I ran the SQL queries manually but now I need to know which modules to set in the ACP.
Try the previous page for solution.
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p8142695
Yep, did that before I installed. I made sure I read all the stickies before attempting this. Oddly enough it finally showed the install page. Great addition to phpbb. Can't wait to give this a wirl and install some mods on my test board. Thanks for the hard work guys.
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

Have just tried this myself.
Uploaded all files, enables debug extra and tried to run the installer but getting blank white screen.. nothing happening.
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

Just to update on this.. I used the latest SVN version and it installed fine.
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP
all4country

Post by all4country »

RooMeat wrote:Just to update on this.. I used the latest SVN version and it installed fine.
I updated but I have this message: You are not authorised to access this area

What should I do?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

You have to be logged in as founder before you can install AutoMOD. If you don't have proper cookie settings, you may need to keep the session ID in the URL in order for the auth check to work properly.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
sard

Post by sard »

Thank you A_Jelly_Doughnut. I enter normal index page /forum/index.php?sid=a1f3f4318e7b9af2a4dd15b409af5a8b and I just enter install/ before index.php?id=..... so I continue the session id with previous authorisation. Thanks for the advice.
spoda-b.com

Post by spoda-b.com »

After making these changes to my config.php file, I get these errors on the top of my page.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/ucp/ucp_pm_viewmessage.php on line 179: Undefined index: custom_title
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3761: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
When I visited the UCP to read a PM, I noticed all the text was much much larger than normal.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

This is almost certainly a problem with the MOD itself, not AutoMOD. Please ask the MOD author directly in his topic for the MOD.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
spoda-b.com

Post by spoda-b.com »

Thanks for the response, I guess it worked its problems out on its own as I do not have the issues anymore.
CrisisX

Post by CrisisX »

Oh, I see, but how do I edit config.php?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

CrisisX: I would suggest you wait for the next version of AutoMOD if you need help making this version work. It won't be too long :)
A Donut's Blog
CrisisX

Post by CrisisX »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:CrisisX: I would suggest you wait for the next version of AutoMOD if you need help making this version work. It won't be too long :)
Ahh. I just really want to install a portal on my site. :D

Return to “[3.0.x] AutoMOD”