[RC] phpBB Gallery 1.0.4 (including TS Gallery converter)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
MichaelWagner

Re: [Beta] phpBB Gallery 0.4.1

Post by MichaelWagner »

In the sample gallery, there are no comments. Does the package include comments, in the way the smartor photo album did? If so, why don't I see any in the sample?
manic2

Post by manic2 »

MichaelWagner wrote:In the sample gallery, there are no comments. Does the package include comments, in the way the smartor photo album did? If so, why don't I see any in the sample?
Yep it includes comments & a rating system. Both can be turned on / off via the ACP & specific permissions given to particular groups over the commenting & rating system.

BTW brilliant mod Nick. :D
manic
pomelo

Post by pomelo »

Hello,

I've got a little problem.

I've just installed this mod, everything seems to be ok except the album admin.

When I want to configure the gallery or manage the albums, I've got this message on a blank page :

"Hacking attempt"

I apologise if this question has already been asked
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

novanilla wrote:
RooMeat wrote:Is it going to be possible at all in the forseeable future for members to create albums in the public section of the gallery??
Hmmm... It IS possible to do this (at least is is in 0.4.0 RC2). Permissions need to be set for this, but it's pretty straightforward.
Can you give me a screenshot showing permissions to allow members to create albums??

After reading your comment, I re-installed it again.. only to see that I was correct in the first place and members are NOT able to create albums in the public categories.
I am hoping that you can tell me I am wrong.. but my gut feeling says that I am correct. :roll:
(one of the many time wasters that would not be needed if there was some sort of feature list)
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

RooMeat wrote:Can you give me a screenshot showing permissions to allow members to create albums??

After reading your comment, I re-installed it again.. only to see that I was correct in the first place and members are NOT able to create albums in the public categories.
I am hoping that you can tell me I am wrong.. but my gut feeling says that I am correct. :roll:
(one of the many time wasters that would not be needed if there was some sort of feature list)
Oops... My bad. You're right - Main albums don't even have permissions associated with them, as they're created in the ACP under the "Manage Albums" menu item, similar to creation of a forum or forum category. Sorry I caused you to install it a second time. I just wish I could get it installed even once to the current version, :lol:
manic2

Post by manic2 »

RooMeat wrote:.. only to see that I was correct in the first place and members are NOT able to create albums in the public categories.
You’re right it’s not possible BUT why not just create some blank albums called ‘Available album’ with a description that invites your members to use them then PM you with a suitable Album name & description.

That way you give your members the facility whilst maintaining a level of control.
manic
pomelo

Post by pomelo »

pomelo wrote:Hello,

I've got a little problem.

I've just installed this mod, everything seems to be ok except the album admin.

When I want to configure the gallery or manage the albums, I've got this message on a blank page :

"Hacking attempt"

I apologise if this question has already been asked
up :oops:
RooMeat

Post by RooMeat »

For the lack of a alternative option.. I may have to do just that.
Although I use to use Menalto Gallery with a bridge and that worked fine.. I never really had any problems with members being able to create albums.

Also.. Is there anything I need to do to get the Lytebox working??
I have installed the latest SVN on my test site.. and it doesn't appear to be working.
Live site: http://www.ozsportsbikes.com (Converted from Nuked phpbb2 to stand alone phpBB3)
Test site: http://www.ozsuperbikes.com
Local Test site with XAMPP
catwalkchaos

Post by catwalkchaos »

This is the first mod I am installing on my forum, and have a problem on the 2nd thing :?

What does it mean when it says:

"Copy: root/adm/style/*.*
To: adm/style/*.* "

what are the *.*?
azzurri

Post by azzurri »

Greetings,

I just installed the latest version of this great mod. Thank you for doing this. I have a couple of questions regarding this mod...

1.) This Lytebox thing, what is it supposed to do? Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to do much. The image just opens _parent and nothing else (I would at least like it to open in a new window).

2.) The upload icon is multiplied. It repeats across the whole screen 8 times and I only see half of it.
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

catwalkchaos wrote:This is the first mod I am installing on my forum, and have a problem on the 2nd thing :?

what are the *.*?
Catwalk, those are wildcards. Those statements just mean to copy every file in that directory up to the matching directory on your site.
catwalkchaos

Post by catwalkchaos »

Thannk you :lol:
manic2

Post by manic2 »

RooMeat wrote: Also.. Is there anything I need to do to get the Lytebox working??
azzurri wrote:1.) This Lytebox thing, what is it supposed to do? Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to do much. The image just opens _parent and nothing else (I would at least like it to open in a new windo
Forget the Lytebox, install the Highslide script: -

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0&t=830965

then enable it in the .Mod tab / Gallery configuration.
manic
MichaelWagner

Post by MichaelWagner »

catwalkchaos wrote:This is the first mod I am installing on my forum, and have a problem on the 2nd thing :?

what are the *.*?
I have installed many mods, but haven't run into this problem before ....

In this step:

Code: Select all

Copy: root/install/*.* 
To: install/*.* 
the names being copied duplicate files already in the target directory.

How do I resolve this conflict?
novanilla

Post by novanilla »

over-write everything.

(after doing your usual back-up)

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”