[ABD] AJAX Chat

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
xtremesniper

Re: [RC] AJAX Chat

Post by xtremesniper »

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was wondering how to access the logs for the chat?

I see the settings are set to keeping the logs for a year, but I can't figure out where they are stored or how to view them.
Canard

Post by Canard »

xtremesniper wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was wondering how to access the logs for the chat?
http://www.your-website/phpBB3/chat/?view=logs
Chip 'n' Dale Online: All about Chip 'n' Dale, the Rescue Rangers, Disney Afternoon and more.
easygo

Post by easygo »

xtremesniper wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, but I was wondering how to access the logs for the chat?
Should work as described in the readme file. ;) Try chat/?view=logs or chat/index.php?view=logs
xtremesniper wrote:I see the settings are set to keeping the logs for a year, but I can't figure out where they are stored or how to view them.
There is no special place. It's just the content of your db table ajax_chat_messages // easy
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

A problem well put is half solved. (John Dewey, 1859–1952)
easygo

Post by easygo »

raqji wrote:hey

i need help i have change my server yesterday and now i get this error if i wont open the Ajax chat
XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: "Junk" nach Dokument-Element
Adresse: http://naruto-revolution.de/chat/
Zeile Nr. 1, Spalte 32:<b>[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice</b>: in file <b>/chat/lib/class/AJAXChat.php</b> on line <b>2466</b>: <b>session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_hmfagc9sbb66qiljlmsq0cob53, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13)</b><br />
-------------------------------^
can some one help me pls :(
The permission issue you got is server related! Please contact your web host provider.
Casual developer for AJAX Chat on behalf of the author / Arcade Center powered by phpBB Arcade

easygo

Post by easygo »

magicfun wrote:Thanks that did the trick, I think. Isn't there supposed to be a "delete message" little image on the right if you are the administrator and are deleting messages? Mine dont seem to be showing up.
Logged into both correctly? If not, try forceAutoLogin (see chat/lib/config.php)

xtremesniper

Post by xtremesniper »

easygo wrote:
Should work as described in the readme file. ;) Try chat/?view=logs or chat/index.php?view=logs
xtremesniper wrote:I see the settings are set to keeping the logs for a year, but I can't figure out where they are stored or how to view them.
There is no special place. It's just the content of your db table ajax_chat_messages // easy
Oh, thanks. I just took a look. I guess I kind of misunderstood what the logs would actually be. It's only showing the latest few entries on the channel (even less than what the actual chat is showing, actually) while I thought it would show everything written to date.

It's alright it's not vital or anything, I'll just set the purge date to a lot sooner than a year to clear the database out. Thanks.
satandream

Post by satandream »

Some of my users get logout and in rapidly so they must log in from an external site, can i use the cookie for phpBB3 and how to fix it?
easygo

Post by easygo »

satandream wrote:Some of my users get logout and in rapidly so they must log in from an external site, can i use the cookie for phpBB3 and how to fix it?
I don't get your drift. :? so they must log in from an external site... why?

satandream

Post by satandream »

They get loged out and the log in rapidly and so it goes the chat goes bananas and they must go to an external site
satandream

Post by satandream »

Now i get this

Code: Select all

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM null.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: SELECT command denied to user 'digi'@'localhost' for table 'ajax_chat_online' Error-Code: 1142
easygo

Post by easygo »

satandream wrote:They get loged out and the log in rapidly and so it goes the chat goes bananas and they must go to an external site
Once again, what's the meaning of external site?

Regarding this add-on, there's no need to be logged in on any other site.

easygo

Post by easygo »

satandream wrote:Now i get this

Code: Select all

Query: SELECT userID, userName, userRole, channel, UNIX_TIMESTAMP(dateTime) AS timeStamp, ip FROM null.ajax_chat_online ORDER BY userName; Error-Report: SELECT command denied to user 'digi'@'localhost' for table 'ajax_chat_online' Error-Code: 1142
Means, permission denied to the user mentioned in this message.

magicfun

Post by magicfun »

easygo wrote:
magicfun wrote:Thanks that did the trick, I think. Isn't there supposed to be a "delete message" little image on the right if you are the administrator and are deleting messages? Mine dont seem to be showing up.
Logged into both correctly? If not, try forceAutoLogin (see chat/lib/config.php)
I set that to true, and it still does not show any icon for delete. I can delete some messages, but its hard to see where exactly the image is..because it is blank. Any other ideas of what is going on?
easygo

Post by easygo »

magicfun wrote:
easygo wrote:
I set that to true, and it still does not show any icon for delete. I can delete some messages, but its hard to see where exactly the image is..because it is blank. Any other ideas of what is going on?
In that case, there's something wrong with your style sheet. Open chat/css/shoutbox.css in your
text editor and check or specify the background url to the image file delete.png.

subfighter

Post by subfighter »

is there module or somekind of block that lists who is currently chatting? i read the wiki and looked at your site and demo but did not see anything..

the chat system looks good..

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”