Answer was given on area51..pdo install error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Answer was given on area51..pdo install error

Post by KeithR »

I'm trying to set up another subdomain on bluehost and get the error:

Code: Select all

Warning: Cannot load module 'SQLite' because required module 'pdo' is not loaded in Unknown on line 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 441: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 442: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 443: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions_install.php:24)
I did find the answer to this over on Area51 via a post ric323 made but neglected to make a note of it. Since I have no access to that post, (my fault for not making a copy), could someone please tell me what the fix was? I know it was a small change to the /install file but that's as far as I remember. I have tried using the search function but cannot find the answer. I do remember that the fix was posted via a cached post from phpBB.com

Many thanks in advance.
wired076

Re: Answer was given on area51..pdo install error

Post by wired076 »

Please have a look at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 95&start=0

It seems that pd0 needs to be installed on the server in question.

I had this issue once and I went away and installed pd0 and then everything started working fine however if you don't have full access to your webserver I would suggest taking this up with your webhost to setup and configure this for you so that you can install phpBB 3.
KeithR
Former Team Member

Post by KeithR »

Thanks for your reply, but there is a post that gives a fix by by making a change to a file in the /install folder. I know because I used it to install my first test forum. I didn't make a copy of it and so now I'm in stuck again.
wired076

Post by wired076 »

see this post in that thread - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 0#p8022415

I think that is what you are looking for.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

Open: includes/functions_install.php

Find:

if ($dbms) 
Before, Add:

unset($available_dbms['sqlite']); 
Chris SmithGitHub
KeithR
Former Team Member

Post by KeithR »

ToonArmy wrote:Open: includes/functions_install.php

Find:

if ($dbms) 
Before, Add:

unset($available_dbms['sqlite']); 
You are a Prince amongst men ToonArmy, thankyou :D
deadeye536

Post by deadeye536 »

I sent in a ticket to my host, and they replied by setting up a new php.ini file that enabled SQLite. I looked through the file and found the only difference was that they inserted

extension=pdo.so
extension=pdo_sqlite.so
extension=sqlite.so
extension=pdo_mysql.so 
after

[exif]
I have Host Monster, and Blue Host is a sister company to them, so it should work for both.
shontrix

Post by shontrix »

I have Pdo installed... I still get this error..

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 441: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 442: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 443: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Any idea? whats happening
Mazecity- BD Anime Community
Visit now to see how superior SEO and Scripts were integrated implemented with perfection :P
Spread Firefox
wired076

Post by wired076 »

shontrix wrote:I have Pdo installed... I still get this error..

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 440: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 441: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 442: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/index.php on line 443: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
Any idea? whats happening
This is not due to pd0

I think it is due to output buffering being turned off. Turning this on may fix this problem. Please note I have not tested this solution as just a quick thought.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”