Attachments Stopped Working

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Genocaust

Attachments Stopped Working

Post by Genocaust » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:12 am

Hello, I had this posted on the temporary Area51 boards but couldn't locate it, so here is a re-post. About Feb 2 attachments stopped working. Any file type. If you go to attach a file to a post you get the progress bar box and the posting screen sits there like it's waiting, indefinitely.

Looking in the shell via ps ux I can see the php5.cgi call running. It will continue to run until I kill it manually via shell. The attached file does end up (complete) in my upload folder, and I am able to download and view it properly over FTP.

I have never had this problem before. Things were working great for nearly 2 years and then it randomly broke. I have verified (vehemently) with my host, that no edits have been made to the server I am on, and they wrote a small script to accept uploaded files via PHP just to prove it to me.

A_Jelly_Doughnut had me run a SQL query over @ Area51 to find the last attachment that worked -- and I found it, and it is in a thread and post and viewable just fine. This was the last troubleshooting. Any help would be much appreciated, as I am very much at a loss of what to do right now :(.

Your board's URL: http://www.tlc-guild.com/phpBB3
Version of phpBB3: 3.0.4
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? Upgrading since RC
If update, what package(s) did you use? Auto-update
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB? No
MODs you have installed: PM Statistics, Item Stats, EQDKP
When the problem started: Feb 2
Your level of expertise (be honest): PHP (very little), MySQL (good knowledge -- no expert though)
Template(s) used: prosilver, subSilver2
Language(s) used: English
Version of PHP used: 5.2.6
Database and version used: 5.0.16
Test account: Will be provided upon request via PM.

Genocaust

Re: Attachments Stopped Working

Post by Genocaust » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Hi, still having this problem and not sure else what to test / look for.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”