[2.0.6] Prune User Posts

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
66%
Very Good
16%
Good
9%
Fair
No votes
Poor
9%

Total votes: 32

Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

[2.0.6] Prune User Posts

Post by Extensions Robot »

MOD Name: Prune User Posts
Author: R45
MOD Description: This is an admin module for your Administration Panel. It is a very Advanced version of the pruning tool available in phpBB. You can prune forums based on users (all or individuals), groups, IPs (ranges, specific, banned), Guests and more.

MOD Version: 1.2.0

Download File: prune-user-posts_1.2.0a.zip
File Size: 20588 Bytes
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

MOD Validated/Released
Eric
R45

Post by R45 »

quentin

Post by quentin »

thanks for the demo. looks pretty nice. Good extension of the built in capabilities.

Quentin
The largest message boards on the web !
Web Design Library (coming soon)
Friends sites: Heroes of might and magic - Biometric security
beggers

Post by beggers »

I've been using it on a fairly large board and no problems so far.

Any chance of adding an option to delete Private Messages? A large board accumulates lots of PMs and there is currently no way of deleting them (except for one hack that lets you view and delete them one at a time).
R45

Post by R45 »

beggers wrote: I've been using it on a fairly large board and no problems so far.

Any chance of adding an option to delete Private Messages? A large board accumulates lots of PMs and there is currently no way of deleting them (except for one hack that lets you view and delete them one at a time).
Beyond the scope of this one, but that's a good idea for a new MOD :) I'll start work on it later today.
kwnah

Post by kwnah »

hmm ...when i use it, it already change the post count that is beside Forum Descripton on the main page, only doesn't affect the total post count at the bottom of the page.

Can it be done that it is total transparent, means topics and thread will be prune but post count not being adjust ?
R45

Post by R45 »

kwnah wrote: hmm ...when i use it, it already change the post count that is beside Forum Descripton on the main page, only doesn't affect the total post count at the bottom of the page.

Can it be done that it is total transparent, means topics and thread will be prune but post count not being adjust ?
The first case isn't a good sign... I'm guessing the posts remain in the database unless you've done anything to change how that count is produced.

With regards to the second question, I have not catered for people who don't the forum counts updated.... Didn't think people would want to do that... Perhaps an option for a future version.
kwnah

Post by kwnah »

R45 wrote:
kwnah wrote:hmm ...when i use it, it already change the post count that is beside Forum Descripton on the main page, only doesn't affect the total post count at the bottom of the page.

The first case isn't a good sign... I'm guessing the posts remain in the database unless you've done anything to change how that count is produced.

With regards to the second question, I have not catered for people who don't the forum counts updated.... Didn't think people would want to do that... Perhaps an option for a future version.

may i suggest for default setting, it prune the post (means posts is deleted) but post count of any page doesn't change ?
R45

Post by R45 »

kwnah wrote: may i suggest for default setting, it prune the post (means posts is deleted) but post count of any page doesn't change ?
I'll make it an option (you can already not update user post counts but not forum posts count), however I highly doubt most people prefer this to justify a default setting. :)
[DJ]Ly5y

Post by [DJ]Ly5y »

I have found 2 mestakes.

1. When i change to Adjust Post Counts to no and delete forum count will delete.

2. go on www.paw.pl/~djlysy/forum

and see lat forum at the end of page called [Off Line] All

Something happed i have deleted all topics of users from that forum and it says Topisc 0 Post's 20 when i enter there is no post or topics?

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.
kwnah

Post by kwnah »

[DJ]Ly5y wrote: I have found 2 mestakes.

1. When i change to Adjust Post Counts to no and delete forum count will delete.

2. go on www.paw.pl/~djlysy/forum

and see lat forum at the end of page called [Off Line] All

Something happed i have deleted all topics of users from that forum and it says Topisc 0 Post's 20 when i enter there is no post or topics?

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.

I have the situation No. 1 as well.
[DJ]Ly5y

Post by [DJ]Ly5y »

So i'm writing to R45.
Please check the mod you made and fix those bugs.
R45

Post by R45 »

Bugs noted and will be tackled this afternoon. I'm at work at the moment, sorry.

In the mean time, you can manually resync the forum in the Forum Management
[DJ]Ly5y

Post by [DJ]Ly5y »

I can't resync LOL :-/ don't know why.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”