Popup on Birthday

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Re: Popup on Birthday

Post by DragonMaster1 »

I use a subsilver type called Divine Black and hate prosilver so I can’t help there
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

MoneyMagnets wrote:I can't get it to work on phpBB3 either but I'm using template prosilver SE - are there any special changes that need to be made for that template?

Thanks for any help.....
hi, i havent forgotten you, i will have a look at it this weekend ;)
lefty74
zoocrew.eu - help us save our wildlife
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
bob4

Post by bob4 »

DragonMaster1 wrote:I had found this too and added the code after:

garbage_collection();
exit_handler();
}
Seems to work right on my test board
I have these lines also.
Is it correct to add that edit after these entries?
also
Someone mentioned it took a few days to work. True ?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

lefty74 wrote:
MoneyMagnets wrote:I can't get it to work on phpBB3 either but I'm using template prosilver SE - are there any special changes that need to be made for that template?

Thanks for any help.....
hi, i havent forgotten you, i will have a look at it this weekend ;)
i, looks like did forget :(

i just looked through the code and i cant see a reason why it shouldnt work...
bob4 wrote:
DragonMaster1 wrote:I had found this too and added the code after:

garbage_collection();
exit_handler();
}
Seems to work right on my test board
I have these lines also.
Is it correct to add that edit after these entries?
also
Someone mentioned it took a few days to work. True ?
yes, that code must have changed since this mod was validated.

a few days? not when i try it to be honest.
lefty74
My MODS | Due to lack of time I unfortunately am unable to work on my mods anymore, anyone who has ideas to improve them and would like to take any of them over, please PM me.
bob4

Post by bob4 »

Thanks for the quick reply. It's my first time trying a Mod, so no expert there. The SQL had no errors. I do think I can edit a note pad file but can't get this to work. I checked the rest of the edits twice now.
Any common errors possible ?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

i would not use notepad but a decent editor like e.g. notepad++ or pspad.

i just tested it on my testboard. i registered as a new user, logged in, changed my birthday in the ucp to today and got the popup.

Please note that once you received a popup a timestamp is recorded in the database to prevent getting popups all the time. if you want to keep testing it you would have to manually clear that timestamp (and purge cache) in the user table of the database.

i cant think of any common error issues to be honest except not having purged the cache and refreshed the templates or edit errors.
lefty74
bob4

Post by bob4 »

Thanks again. I'll give it a try today.
One last question. Sorry if this seems silly . :roll:
I should follow these directions for each style I want it to work on also. Like subsilver?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi, yes, you would need to make changes to subsilver2 as well. you can find them in the templates/subsilver2.xml file
lefty74
TMorph

Post by TMorph »

Ok. Installed the mod works correctly on a template designed by me and does not affect the email birthday.
Thanks for the Mod Greetings :P
I feel my English, Translation with translator
CiberMorph
CiberMorph-phpbb3
Greylock3491

Post by Greylock3491 »

lefty74 wrote:that's what i meant, the first part of the sql was probably done when you accessed the module on the acp, try only the second one:

Code: Select all

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD user_birthday_popup INT( 11 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
dont forget to purge the cache afterwards.
Thanks Lefty74 - I ran into this using AutoMod - ran this sql (again?) and it's now working :D
gsxfan

Post by gsxfan »

Hey lefty74,

are there any issues regarding the 3.0.4 version? I can't get this mod to work, no matter what I do. I've quadruple checked every change in the files and the SQL data, everything is in place. And no popup comes up, checked that with 3 test users with FF, IE and Opera. Other popups i.e. for new PN are shown.
Any idea?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

hi
no issues with 3.0.4 as far as i know. works fine on my board.

Please note that once you received a popup a timestamp is recorded in the database to prevent getting popups all the time. if you want to keep testing it you would have to manually clear that timestamp (and purge cache) in the user table of the database.

i cant think of any common error issues to be honest except not having purged the cache and refreshed the templates or edit errors.
lefty74
gsxfan

Post by gsxfan »

I know about purging cache and templates and I have checked the content of user_birthday_popup, be sure. With "SELECT * FROM `phpbb_users` where user_birthday_popup <> 0" users which already had a bday popup can easily be found.
Now it runs....after I changed the variable name inside the call in the overall_header.html. As far as I know a variable of this kind only lives inside a function, but this call is not a function and I have other other functions and calls of functions in this file which are using the variable "url". After changing that name to url_popup at definition and calling line the mod works.
Checked that with 3 test users in different browsers, the popup comes up and whenever I reset user_birthday_popup to zero, the popup comes up again with the next login.

Thanks for replying and your work.
PÕQ~Hitman

Post by PÕQ~Hitman »

Any way to make it a alert box instead of popup like in the alertbox pm mod?
lefty74

Post by lefty74 »

PÕQ~Hitman wrote:Any way to make it a alert box instead of popup like in the alertbox pm mod?
i dont know that mod but probably. i dont have time to do this though, sorry.
lefty74

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”