fatal error after restore

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Bobster60

fatal error after restore

Post by Bobster60 »

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_forum_select() (previously declared in /home/content/MYWEBADDY/html/tlc/includes/functions_admin.php:113) in /home/content/mywebsitename/html/tlc/includes/functions_admin.php on line 190

I did some mods, got totally confused and got all sorts of errors coming up so I did a restore from just before I started now I get the above error when trying to navigate out of the restore page in ACP after it had done its so called update, I have tried to get back in via a new browser and I get

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Table 'phpbb_ads' already exists [1050]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

any suggestions on what I can do now? PLEASE HELP :(
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: fatal error after restore

Post by stevemaury »

There is no table ads in a standard phpbb installation.

Exactly what are you "restoring" and how?

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 »

I had installed 2 MODS 1 was the Advertisment managment MOD and the other was Announcement Center MOD.
they where on site but not fully functional yet as I had did not know what the SQL edit went on 1 of them.
I got a few error pages so I decided to do a restore and start again it went through its processors and asked me if I wanted to go back to the last page, I clicked on the back to page link and wam it came up with the error code now I cannot get onto the forum pages. :(
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

Bobster60

AFTER FILLING FORM IN fatal error after restore

Post by Bobster60 »

Support Request Template
What version of phpBB are you using? phpBB 3.0.4
What is your board's URL? http://www.techielog.org/tlc
How did you install your board? Using a Tool
Is your board a fresh install or a conversion? Fresh Install
Do you have any MODs installed? Yes
What MODs do you have installed? I was installing the Advertisement MOD I had already installed Announcment MOD but not the SQL as I was finding how to install the SQL. Already fully installed:Backscatter capture, Project Honeypot,
Please describe your problem. I was installing the Advertisement MOD getting an error code when I browsed off the admin page, sorry cannot remember now what that error was. So I went to do a restore to just before the MOD updates. now getting these errors Fatal error: Cannot redeclare make_forum_select() (previously declared in /home/content/MYWEBADDY/html/tlc/includes/functions_admin.php:113) in /home/content/mywebsitename/html/tlc/includes/functions_admin.php on line 190 and when browsing out of admin General Error SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ] Table 'phpbb_ads' already exists [1050]
What styles do you currently have installed? both DL prosilver, subsilver AND PS3
What language(s) is your board currently using? ENG
Which database type/version are you using? MySQL 4
Generated by SRT Generator ($Rev: 2817 $)

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

I would advise you to revert back to the backup from installing both MODs. If you don't have one, then revert back to a set of clean 3.0.4 files, and re-install ALL the MODs.
If you have aproblem installing any particular MOD, then you should ask for help in the release topic for that MOD.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 »

I tried reverting to a backup file but it did not work, so I re uploaded the files I edited (as I DL them to do the edits) alls gone well apart from the members and manage users, users and groups, Lefty thinks with crossed fingers that its the includes/acp/acp_users.php, Ill try it see if it works if not ITS start again time lol :?

No that did not work replacing the pages, Ive retstored back to a very earlier date and still nothing on the user

http://?????????????.org/tlc/adm/index.php?sid=eec97fd371fafc4d511a939a777dd1d5&i=users&mode=overview

I shall see if anyone can shed some light but it does look to me like Ill have to reinstall, but my worry is that if I reinstall and then restore to a point 2 days ago the problem will still be there? any thought, I think its something like an index.php but thats a real guess as I know nothing lol

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”