Advertisement Management

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Re: Advertisement Management

Post by EXreaction »

The cache holds nothing important and will be repopulated automatically. After the files are uploaded the cache should be purged automatically when the mod auto installs, the only time I can see issues is when the templates are edited after everything is uploaded plus the includes/functions.php file is changed.
reenmachine

Post by reenmachine »

EXreaction wrote:the only time I can see issues is when the templates are edited after everything is uploaded plus the includes/functions.php file is changed.
That probably explains it. I uploaded the mod files first, then edited the existing files one by one. I guess I should have downloaded the existing files to be changed, changed them, then uploaded the whole works at once...
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

[removed]
Last edited by camm15h on Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Recruiting/soliciting for work is not allowed on phpBB.com, please see the rules.
myjdmwheels

Post by myjdmwheels »

I have used automod to install this mod. Everything seems like it was installed correctly, but I can't see the Advertisement Management section under my ACP, what else do I need to do to get this working?
myjdmwheels

Post by myjdmwheels »

i browsed my forum and the module wasn't made automatically . What did I do wrong? I used automod to install this mod also.
Ryan009

Post by Ryan009 »

Warning - Extreme newbie!!!

I am having trouble installing this MOD (my first one). I am running subilver2 and was installing all the components manually.

I created a "test" version of my site at www.XXXXXX.com/test. The base PHPBB is running fine.

I uploaded all the appropriate files (and to their respective locations) to the www.xxxxx.com/test folder, which is in my public_html folder. All the "root" files I put on the main level in the xxxxxx.com/test folder.

Modifying the templates when fine.

I can see the MOD as a module I can enable, but when I do, nothing happens, it doesn't show up in the ACP.

Also, when I edit the function.php file as shown, the updated file makes the site inaccessible (for example if the file is installed and I go from google.com to my site, it never loads and just returns me to the google.com site).

I'm sure I screwed this up somewhere and I'm guessing it has something to do with not understanding where to put the files.

Is there something easy I'm missing?
Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 »

Generally confused here, everything was going great working fine, I installed it in prosilver it was working so I decided to install it in subsilver and black pearl.. I did all the cache clearing refreshed the styles did not touch anything else but low and behold I get Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/b/o/b/websitename/html/tlc/includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 41.
I even restored to backup and replaced the files I changed in subsilver, does anyone have any suggestions where I went wrong, I like this MOD alot
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.
bkt

Post by bkt »

How do I update sql?

with a program or what?
bkt

Post by bkt »

Anybody, nobody, is this a hard question?
ChrisRLG
Former Team Member

Post by ChrisRLG »

I believe from memory this mod does the SQL chnages itself when it first gets used.

If not this might help - Knowledge Base - Executing SQL Queries in phpMyAdmin.

Please note for the future - we have a rule about not bumping topics in under 6 hours.
phpBB: The All Important Rules - Bertie Bear 3.0 - No support via PM system - use the forums please.
phpBB v2: Retirement (1/1/2009) : phpBB v3: Read Me Topic - Custom BBCodes - Support Template
Matthew 7:7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and a door will be opened to you."
My Links: MS MVP (Consumer Security) - Malware Removal:University - Own Forum: Custom BBCode testing
bkt

Post by bkt »

thanks I figured it out

Seriously though phpbb3 is just not explained well at all, a novice with no experience would never be able to install a mod on a forum.
bkt

Post by bkt »

Ok I've read what DIY instructions are but what it doesn't say is how you do them

DIY Instructions?

Install ACP module ("HTML Ads [acp_ads]")
Install ACP module ("Banner Ads [acp_ads]")

What does that even mean?
bkt

Post by bkt »

Ok i've figured that out, I'm sure this thing could have been explained better.

Saying that its not even working, this is the second mod I've tried to install and nothing.

I've got my HTML advertisement thingy were I can install my code, that works fine but its not showing on my forums. I've purged the cache.

I presume I don't need to edit the prosilver files as I'm using subsilver2, correct?

any other suggestions?
EXreaction
Former Team Member
Name: Nathan

Post by EXreaction »

You've got the wrong mod. You are not instructed to install ACP modules in this one.
Bobster60

Post by Bobster60 »

its getting stranger and stranger
now I get
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/b/o/b/mywebsite/html/tlc/cache/tpl_prosilver_index_body.html.php on line 41

I can getinto the forum by going through a direct link but if I try to go through the board index I get the above. if I delete the cache then I get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/content/b/o/b/mysite/html/tlc/includes/template.php(187) : eval()'d code on line 41

and just logging in now if I clicked on a specific link on an index page it logged me automatic which is passing strange as I don't save passwords.
any ideas please would be welcome to my parse errors
my MOD's and addons advertisement management, activity stats, tracelogs, Browser language detector, Announcement centre, ZB block, Anti Bot question, Bots Mod, Project Honeypot, Faq manager, check spammers, RSS feeder, new message adviser for Acp.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”