RSS Feed 2.0

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
weedgur79

Re: RSS Feed 2.0

Post by weedgur79 »

I purged the cache...And turned all feed config elements off apart from enable feeds. and it submitted without problems...Then set one feed element on, and submitted, again fine. But nothing new has happened. Where does this rss feed appear**** Can someone suggest some test setting for me***

AHA...I see a new icon appears in the firefox address bar...is that it*** Success*** What the hell do I do with this feed*** Make my members aware of its existence, allowing them to get a snapshop of what has changed on the forum*** are there some basic settings, to allow people to get whatever feeds they wish***
leviatan21
Name: Gabriel

Post by leviatan21 »

weedgur79 wrote:I purged the cache...And turned all feed config elements off apart from enable feeds. and it submitted without problems...Then set one feed element on, and submitted, again fine. But nothing new has happened. Where does this rss feed appear**** Can someone suggest some test setting for me***
Look for it in the browser no into the page ;)
Internet Explorer Browser
Down the search bar Image

Fire Fox Browser
At left of the search bar Image
Excuse me for my poor English, I speak Spanish. | Image phpBB en Español
weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 »

Cheers people...I am trying to submit my feed to a few rss feed directories. Is there a way of using this MOD so that people can get RSS Feed just of certain topics, or certain forums, rather than the whole thing as one feed*

What settings do I need to allow members to get rss feed of certain forums or topics** if possible***
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

weedgur79 wrote:Cheers people...I am trying to submit my feed to a few rss feed directories. Is there a way of using this MOD so that people can get RSS Feed just of certain topics, or certain forums, rather than the whole thing as one feed*

What settings do I need to allow members to get rss feed of certain forums or topics** if possible***
HI weedgur79 :

For individual forum you need to call the feed like :

Code: Select all

rss.php?f=nn
where nn is the forum ID

for an individual topic :

Code: Select all

rss.php?f=nn&t=zz
where nn is the forum ID and the zz is the topic ID
weedgur79

Post by weedgur79 »

Thankyou for the help Leviatan. As I can now see the orange icon in my browser bar when browsing my forums, I assume that everyone who uses firefox will see the same orange rss feed icon when they use the forums**** Or I need to allow this for all members somehow*
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

weedgur79 wrote:Thankyou for the help Leviatan. As I can now see the orange icon in my browser bar when browsing my forums, I assume that everyone who uses firefox will see the same orange rss feed icon when they use the forums**** Or I need to allow this for all members somehow*
Works for everybody ;)
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

I think I installed this 99 and 44/100% correctly but when I navigate to

http://byobuddha.org/adm/index.php?sid= ... =rss_feeds

Which is the ACP --> System --> General Tasks --> RSS
I get the result
General Error
Cannot find module ./../includes/acp/acp_rss.php
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

drobertjordan wrote:I think I installed this 99 and 44/100% correctly but when I navigate to

http://byobuddha.org/adm/index.php?sid= ... =rss_feeds

I get the result
General Error
Oh gee, now I gone and fixed it already.
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

drobertjordan wrote:I think I installed this 99 and 44/100% correctly but when I navigate to

I get the result
General Error
Hi drobertjordan :

Please verify that you copy the file MSSTI_RSS_v104 -> root/includes/acp/acp_rss.php and also MSSTI_RSS_v104 -> root/includes/acp/info/acp_rss.php to their respective folders ;)
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

Okay, so here's my next brilliant question from the northern hemisphere. Where do I put the URL for my RSS feeds to work and do they all have to be ".rss.psp" files or can they be "xml" files?
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

drobertjordan wrote:Okay, so here's my next brilliant question from the northern hemisphere. Where do I put the URL for my RSS feeds to work and do they all have to be ".rss.psp" files or can they be "xml" files?
use the rss.php, I use it in google reader and feedburner ;)
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

Let's say that my URL is http://www.bwsa.org/audio/podcast/AjahnBrahm.rss.php, so where do I put this?
leviatan21

Post by leviatan21 »

drobertjordan wrote:Let's say that my URL is http://www.bwsa.org/audio/podcast/AjahnBrahm.rss.php, so where do I put this?
Tell me what do you want to do with the feed ?
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

leviatan21 wrote:
drobertjordan wrote:Let's say that my URL is http://www.bwsa.org/audio/podcast/AjahnBrahm.rss.php, so where do I put this?
The feed supplies links to mp3 files. I would like to transparently provide these files through my site.
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

drobertjordan wrote:
leviatan21 wrote:
The feed supplies links to mp3 files. I would like to transparently provide these files through my site.
Each citation could post with title and description as provided, and a larger visual wrapper and titling provided by me to bring attention to the material.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”