Proglass

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
statm
Name: Matt

Re: Proglass

Post by statm »

You would put it in between body and <div id="header-bg"> in overall_header.html..
Line 94:

Code: Select all

<body id="phpbb" class="section-{SCRIPT_NAME} {S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}">

<div id="header-bg">
As far as the actual flash code. I can't help you there.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

Ive tried all the tutorials I can find to add a side bar, but none of them work. I assume because this is a fixed width.

Any ideas how I can get a side bar on the left side? Id like to add a navigation menu in blocks on the left side. Thanks for any help.
statm

Post by statm »

Well, first off I doubt you could get it to work without using the 1024px width mod for proglass because proglass I would think would be alittle narrow to have both the board and the sidebar within that width.

I would start with the mod. But Im curious what tutorials you've tried to use? Mind sharing so I can play around with them?
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

I ended up creating tables (which I hate, much rather use divs) and got it working correctly. my test site is www.adcantu.com/pacer/

I am using the 1024 mod though, as you said the original would be way too small.

There are a few tutorial out there, and I tried about 3, but the apparent "one to use" for prosilver based themes was found at http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 4&t=624715

I had problems getting the div to display properly, it would either float all the way to the right of the page, or it would sink to the bottom, or other weird anomalies lol.

I assume its partially due to the fixed width, but I did attempt many variations of fixed sizes and percentages to no avail.

Anyway, have it a go and maybe you can make something more efficient :D

Thanks for the reply as well!
a58strod

Post by a58strod »

I love this style! Great job!

I really miss the edit button when you're viewing posts though. I use it all the time in the prosilver style. How can I add it?

I also want to add the buttons for posting a new topic and posting a reply but those aren't as critical as the missing edit button.

Thanks!
statm

Post by statm »

Those buttons shouldn't be missing if you haven't turned them off somehow in the ACP. Make sure you check in the imageset page on the styles tab, under proglass, click on the drop down menu and find the edit, new topic, and reply buttons and click on each one to find out if they are set.

Then you should check in the permissions section to see if you havent turned off the ability to edit posts, new posts, and post replies. If so you should post this question in the support section of this forum if you have other questions since its not a problem with the style.
a58strod

Post by a58strod »

Thanks for the reply. I figured it out this morning. The solution was in this kb article:

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to- ... our-style/
statm

Post by statm »

Oh ok so your problem was that it didn't have the right language. Yea, I only include German and Dutch buttons.

What language did you need?
a58strod

Post by a58strod »

I needed english but I guess there are 2 folders that english can be labeled as? I had the "en" folder but I guess the board was looking for "en_us." I supposed I could have renamed it but I just duplicated it to be safe.
statm

Post by statm »

Well that shouldn't have mattered.. But at least you got it fixed.
adcantu

Post by adcantu »

statm if your curious to see my site, ive got it pretty much fully customized and running now :d www.thepacemakerforum.com

I still need to do some minor tweaks here and there. Thanks for all the help.
statm

Post by statm »

I really like what you did.. Good job!
auxillary

Post by auxillary »

Well done!
remahannah

Post by remahannah »

Nice! Where is the code located if I wanted to remove the "Proglass" header at the top left? Thanks!
statm

Post by statm »

Thats just the logo.. You can change that to whatever you like through the style tab in the ACP under Imageset.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”