Error message after posting

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
pauls115pdtdi

Error message after posting

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

Hi All,

We keep getting the attached error message on the screen which says 'your post has been submitted, do you want to view the post or return to the forum' screen.

I have tried clearing the cache for the templates and theme, and I have purged the cache, neither of them have worked though. I have also replaced the file with a previous backup of it and just re-adding the mod which I did (advertisements).

Has anyone else got any ideas of what else I can try?

Thanks
Paul
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Error message after posting

Post by Brf »

What error message?
pauls115pdtdi

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

Oh yeah, sorry!
Attachments
error messages VG.JPG
error messages VG.JPG (55.85 KiB) Viewed 783 times
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

That says your /cache/ folder is not writeable.
pauls115pdtdi

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

Any ideas what I need to do? Nothing has been changed in the last few weeks apart from the advertisements mod being installed.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Make your /cache/ folder writeable
pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

Basically use your FTP program to navigate to your files directory then right click the cache/ directory and select chmod or something like that (it varies on the program) then enter 777 as the chmod number.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.
pauls115pdtdi

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

OK Thanks.
I've just checked the permissions again one of my other forums and they are all the same (they are now anyway), but I'm still getting the error message.
The other forum doesn't get any error messages when posting or anything like that. So I just don't get it. Nothing apart from the ad mod has changed in the last couple of weeks.

It does cause any problems as it still posts your message etc, you just get an error message for 5 seconds or so
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

That error is concerning a queued email notification. If you are testing against one of your other boards, you would have to use the same sort of test... where enough notifications are going out for that one topic that it causes the email to queue.
pauls115pdtdi

Post by pauls115pdtdi »

Hi Guys,

I'm getting almost the same problem as this still at the moment. The error message has changed slightly, but not much:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_messenger.php on line 730: include(./cache/queue.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_messenger.php on line 730: include(./cache/queue.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_messenger.php on line 730: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './cache/queue.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3184) in /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3781

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3184) in /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3783

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3184) in /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3784

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php:3184) in /home/volksgir/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 3785
I have checked the cache folder and set it to 777 on the permissions, but the only file that wont change is the queue.php file, which stays with no permission on it.

I've deleted the queue file to see if it re-creates any differently, but it re-creates itself with no permissions still.
Will the server host need to change the file himself rather than me doing it?

Thanks
Paul

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”