Dirty Board 2.0

All 3.0.x styles released in our Styles Database can be found here. All discussion or support regarding an individual style should take place in that style's own area in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of releases and/or updates for styles. Any style support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each style.

A direct link to support for each Style is in the first post of the respective topic.
mediamagic

Re: Dirty Board 2.0

Post by mediamagic »

Hi,

Great theme, however i keep getting an error on the new thread page when it loads the messgae box come up with name="message" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" class="inputbox"> then if you try posting a message it goes to a 404 error page :? Im not very good at php script so any help with this would be great. I posted it here as it only occours on this theme :?:

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know
Last edited by mediamagic on Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrapbookSupplies

Post by ScrapbookSupplies »

I am also having a problem editing the logo at the top, "dirty board" because the file in the PSD folder does not contain layers. I converted it from 16 to 8 in PhotoShop but still no luck.

Otherwise I love the theme, great template. I am not experiencing any of the difficulties posted before. It's working great with 3.04.

If anyone has the logo with layers please attach - I would love to use this theme. Great work!
Jeanne
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

ScrapbookSupplies wrote:I am also having a problem editing the logo at the top, "dirty board" because the file in the PSD folder does not contain layers. I converted it from 16 to 8 in PhotoShop but still no luck.

Otherwise I love the theme, great template. I am not experiencing any of the difficulties posted before. It's working great with 3.04.

If anyone has the logo with layers please attach - I would love to use this theme. Great work!
Jeanne
here's what i downloaded for the psd files and the site_logo.psd has 20 layers in it and works fine with Photoshop CS3. if you have an older version of PS, that could be an issue ;)
abble CoSa NoStrA wrote:This is psd files you need to customize style and language :
Dirty Board PSD
Ice-Nine

Post by Ice-Nine »

Good Layout. It is one of my favorites.
Last edited by Ice-Nine on Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
ScrapbookSupplies

Ahh, that's it! My PhotoShop is older, it's 7.0 -that must be the reason.

Thank you for the heads up!
mediamagic

Post by mediamagic »

Irf any one can fix this problem
mediamagic wrote:error on the new thread page when it loads the messgae box come up with name="message" id="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" class="inputbox"> then if you try posting a message it goes to a 404 error page :?
I dont know alot about php scripts so if anyone can fix this problem as it only happens on this theme please post it... :D
Angel-girl

Post by Angel-girl »

Angel-girl wrote:Me again. I'm so good with these questions, no? Now I'd like to change the color of the links at the bottom of the header. The ones which say "User Control Panel, View your posts, Login/logout, etc?" Please help :)
Would someone be so kind as to let me know what these links are officially called so I can search for help on the rest of the site as well? Thank you.
Follow me to Alphabet City
ScrapbookSupplies

Angel-girl wrote:
Angel-girl wrote:Me again. I'm so good with these questions, no? Now I'd like to change the color of the links at the bottom of the header. The ones which say "User Control Panel, View your posts, Login/logout, etc?" Please help :)
Would someone be so kind as to let me know what these links are officially called so I can search for help on the rest of the site as well? Thank you.
Angel,
Those links are in your overall_header but the colors are specified in your stylesheets. But, if you really want to make life easier while learning this stuff you can download FireFox and then get the add on for the Web Developer (these are all free). With this Web Developer add on you can open the page that you are working on (or any page in any site for that matter) and it will tell you exactly what area (the very line and attribute) that manages that one specific item. With it you will learn a lot about your pages and how they are interact. It will also give you the 'words' that you need when you are searching for things that you need help on.
ScrapbookSupplies

In this template I *think* these links fall around line 142
Ken G

Post by Ken G »

The standard prosilver and other styles all have links to click on for Login, Register, FAQ.

I have Dirty Board up and running just fine, modified a few of the psd files with no problem.

Not many visit my site and it was just called to my attention by somone that wanted to regeister that there is no Register link, just Login.

When I switch back to other styles, the Register link is there.

Am I missing something?
ShaunB1980

Post by ShaunB1980 »

i have been working on this for 2 days and have tried changing so many parts of the code i can't even think where to try next. i wanted a smaller banner using this template and have been able to get some of it to cooperate but now there is a gap between my header and the forum i've tred adjusting the overall_header.htm and common.css but still can't get the gap to go away.

please help and point me in the right direction, i made bg_header.png & site_logo.png smaller but can't get rid of the gap between them and the rest of the forum.

thank you
Last edited by ShaunB1980 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spaceace

Post by spaceace »

Ken G wrote:The standard prosilver and other styles all have links to click on for Login, Register, FAQ.

I have Dirty Board up and running just fine, modified a few of the psd files with no problem.

Not many visit my site and it was just called to my attention by somone that wanted to regeister that there is no Register link, just Login.

When I switch back to other styles, the Register link is there.

Am I missing something?
the board you're running, is it phpbb3.0.4? i'm pretty sure that if your register link is missing, it's due to being an older version of phpbb.
drobertjordan

Post by drobertjordan »

Please take a look at my website and offer critiques. Thank you.

BYOBuddha.org
fourthwind

Dirtyboard 2.0 image cropping issue

Post by fourthwind »

I have been searching all over for a fix and so far no one post has addressed this problem. With the Dirtyboard 2.0 installed, larger pictures inserted via web links get cropped on the right side. What I have found is that this is something to do with the css programming. when you use IE6 it goes to the html version and a slide bar appears when you have oversize pics. on vista running IE7 the picture just crops itself at whatever the wrap width is set at. any way to get it to use a slide bar when it gets oversized? just increasing the width in the css wrap just screws up the whole style.
Last edited by will_hough on Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with Dirty Board release topic.
spaceace

Re: Dirtyboard 2.0 image cropping issue

Post by spaceace »

fourthwind wrote:I have been searching all over for a fix and so far no one post has addressed this problem. With the Dirtyboard 2.0 installed, larger pictures inserted via web links get cropped on the right side. What I have found is that this is something to do with the css programming. when you use IE6 it goes to the html version and a slide bar appears when you have oversize pics. on vista running IE7 the picture just crops itself at whatever the wrap width is set at. any way to get it to use a slide bar when it gets oversized? just increasing the width in the css wrap just screws up the whole style.
same thing happens here at phpbb.com

only solution that i've found that keeps the styles intact is to use an image resizing mod and i've found that [RC] HighSlide Attachment & IMG MOD 4.0.12 works great for me ;)

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Database Releases”