Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
SpiritSharD

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by SpiritSharD »

What does the "quote" button underneath everyone's username do? (Sorry about this). :roll:
NexusoftheInternet

Post by NexusoftheInternet »

mej284 wrote:
NexusoftheInternet wrote:Can anyone please help me? This is my first time installing a mod and I have no idea what to do. I looked up this tutorial http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/how-to-install-mods/ but it doesn't make any sense with this mod. I don't see any of the steps in the files of the mod.
In the mod look for this file: QR_phpbb3.xml You should be able to open it in IE or firefox
When it says to put the files into the prosilver style, I should really put it in the style folder for my current skin instead, right?
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Yes, if your style is prosilver based.
I do not respond to unsolicited PM's

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
NexusoftheInternet

Post by NexusoftheInternet »

So if my skin is not prosilver-based, then I should NOT install it in the prosilver style folder?

My skin is based on subsilver2, so I put the files in that folder instead, right?
mej284

Post by mej284 »

In the mod there will be a folder called template. In that folder you will have files for your style that is subsilver2 based. You will also see a file called subsilver2.xml, look at that file in IE or FF and that will give you the files to edit in your style.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
01jackedZ

Post by 01jackedZ »

ok i have a question on doing these mods. I have never done this and after reading i feel retarded and have gotten no further. Here is the screen shot im dealing with, i dont know where to change the code in my server, can yall tell me where to change it at? Here is a screen shot.

Here is a screen shot to show that i have downloaded the file and opened the install.xml file. I see the code and dont know where to go into my code on the server and change it. I have the server open on the left and the file opened on the right.

Im sorry if this is a noob question, i read the how to with a friend and we just cant figure out how to work it, thank yall for your help
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Post by rxu »

SpiritSharD wrote:What does the "quote" button underneath everyone's username do? (Sorry about this). :roll:
Actually this link works as "Quote selected" feature. Select some post text beside the corresponding miniprofile and click "Quote".

And mej284, thanks for the support you're giving to users in this topic :)
mej284

Post by mej284 »

Thanks rxu, I am happy to help when I can.

Skin-lab styles
SubMerged Style
SpiritSharD

Post by SpiritSharD »

rxu wrote:
SpiritSharD wrote:What does the "quote" button underneath everyone's username do? (Sorry about this). :roll:
Actually this link works as "Quote selected" feature. Select some post text beside the corresponding miniprofile and click "Quote".
Ah right, thanks for that. Was just clicking it without highlighting any text first... :lol:
mudassar788

Post by mudassar788 »

Hi.

I am facing this error. I posting this in General Help, & users there asked me to post here. Please let me know, how to resolve this error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in /home/board/public_html/includes/functions_posting.php:22) in /home/board/public_html/includes/functions_posting.php on line 112

Here is my functions_posting.php

Please download this attachment & help me.

Regards
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

juport

Post by juport »

Post please line 112
My translated modifications:
- Advertisement Management [GERMAN-LINK]
- Quick Reply for phpBB3 [GERMAN-LINK]
- More modifications in german? Click >> here <<
Übersetzte Modifikationen in Deutsch findest du in der JUPORT-Community
01jackedZ

Post by 01jackedZ »

ok i used the install instructions and i dont know what im doing wrong now. Here are the instructions that the install instructions gave me:

I opened the viewtopic.php using the code editor and i found the area its talking about (line 1584) and this is what it looks like after i copied and pasted the new line of code in before that line 1584

I put both new lines in, saved the code editor, cleared my cache and history and checked the site and its not there. I also went to the admin control panel and the quick reply option isnt there so I obviously messed up somewhere but now im lost. Any ideas?
rxu
Extensions Development Team

Post by rxu »

mudassar788 wrote:Fatal error: Cannot redeclare generate_smilies() (previously declared in /home/board/public_html/includes/functions_posting.php:22) in /home/board/public_html/includes/functions_posting.php on line 112
For some reason, generate_smilies() looks to be declared twice in your viewtopic.php (functions_posting.php is included twice). So try the following trick:

Code: Select all

OPEN
includes/quick_reply.php

FIND
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_posting.' . $phpEx);

REPLACE WITH
// include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_posting.' . $phpEx);
01jackedZ wrote:ok i used the install instructions and i dont know what im doing wrong now. Here are the instructions that the install instructions gave me:
Since I see "Advanced Quick Reply" title in your edits, I guess you've confused between different MODs' topics ;) You're using another quick reply MOD (Advanced Quick Reply), but not Quick reply for phpBB3 MOD.
mudassar788

Post by mudassar788 »

}
This is just on line 112

Anyway, I have fix this, it was due to my server permission settings.

Regards

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”