[BETA] InflammaBlog - blog, news, diary, portal.. v.0.0.5b

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Darlantan

[BETA] InflammaBlog - blog, news, diary, portal.. v.0.0.5b

Post by Darlantan »

This is a blog system for phpBB that I started working on in March/April-03. It is flexible and not restricted to blogging. You can just as well use it for a news-page, notebook, diary, personal web page or the like. Just create some templates for your need.
#################################################################
## Mod Title: InflammaBlog - the CodeCrush Blog System
## Mod Version: 0.0.5a-beta
## Author: Kristoffer Tjaernaas < [email protected] > - www.codecrush.com
## Description:
## This is a multi-purpose module/addon for phpBB which adds the
## possibility to create blogs, news pages, simple CMS and generally any
## kind of page that can be made up of topic-posts and templates. It uses
## its own database tables and will thus not interfere with your forums.
##
## Installation Level: moderate
## Installation Time: 10 Minutes
## Files To Edit: 7 (page_header.php, page_tail.php, overall_header.tpl, lang_main.php, constants.php,
## usercp_viewprofile.php, profile_view_body.tpl)
## Included Files: LOADS!
##
#################################################################

Features:
- Admin feature to create blogs
- Admin feature to add/manage blogroll modules
- Blog viewage
- Blog posting
- Blog Control Panel
- allows multiple blogs per user
- group permissions per blog for almost every aspect
- customizeable layout with templates
- per blog language selection
- make personal header with BBcode as replacement for phpBB header
- rss link for your blog
- blogrolls (calendar, login, last-posts, profile..) + custom roll-making with BBcode
- rss feed rolls
- plugins (viewonline, profile, latest-blog-topics)
- publish/unpublished topics option
- symlink blogrolls between blogs
- phpBB wrapping - wrap blogs around your phpBB pages for portal effect
- trackback

[Preview Sites]
InflammaBlog support/demo site made with this mod
Live DEMO

The demo is running off my development version, so I would expect there to be bugs. Everyone (guests and members) have access to almost every aspect of that blog. Except changing permissions.

[DOWNLOADS]
Download InflammaBlog 0.0.5b-beta
Note: The file extension is tar.gz, some download managers mess up and add an additional 'tar' at the end. If yours does, just remove it.

[Download addons]
Download BBcode url-target mod
Last edited by Darlantan on Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:53 am, edited 16 times in total.
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Looks interesting 8)

[edit] couple of things on first glance:
  • you're not using the correct version of the mod template
  • you should add a COPY action to the instructions for the included files (makes life easier for easymod users ;:)
Defend the game:
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

ya, that's true :) I kinda did it on purpose cause on my last count this mod
included 107 files. So even for easymod users (allthough I don't know how that works as I never tried it), the easiest way should be to unpack the tar.gz into the phpBB root directory, retaining the directory structure, then using the blog_install.php file to install the database entries :)

I will write up a full installation text later on however. thanks for pointing that out :)
phpika

Post by phpika »

This looks very intresting, I'm going to download and install this right away :wink:

EDIT: I think you have a file missing in the download pack, when I run install and check for files everything is OK except;
File number #61: blog/templates/cc/img/grid.gif...NOT ok
Which is not present in the download pack.

EDIT # 2: I've installed the MOD....but I can't see anywhere to add a blog?!? The bloglist is just like an empty memberlist. I can't see any "Add blog" buttons or anything?

EDIT # 3: I can add a blog via the admin panel and it's looking exactly what I wanted, but there's a problem. When I go to my blog and click the "Control Panel" link, I get 1 of two errors:
1 wrote: General Error

Couldn't obtain logo information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'PAGE_CUSTOM' in 'where clause'

SELECT image FROM phpbb_logos WHERE page IN (PAGE_CUSTOM, -4996, -4998 )

Line : 633
File : /home/srg/public_html/pikachu/forum/includes/page_header.php
2 wrote: phpBB : Critical Error

Error updating sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'PAGE_CUSTOM' in 'field list'

UPDATE phpbb_sessions SET session_time = 1070478095, session_page = PAGE_CUSTOM WHERE session_id = '6b8d98853bfc7491e2c98684b6c2669b'

Line : 275
File : /home/srg/public_html/pikachu/forum/includes/sessions.php
The Pika Club Website |pvpOnline|"I hope I didn't brain my damage" ~ Homer Simpson
MIS-ONE

Post by MIS-ONE »

I have the same issues/errors, looks good otherwise!
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

#1: might very well be that I missed that image. I use a script to pack it and
I added that image very late. Maybe I forgot it :)

#2: Ya. I haven't written up any help-files yet hehe. I'll get around to it eventually. Only admins can "create" blogs through the admin-feature. I've made it like this cause I'd personally like some control of who has a blog :)

#3: That's weird. Did you install any other mods at the same time? I've never heard of a phpbb_logos table. I sometimes use a PAGE_CUSTOM variable though, so I'll check that tomorrow.
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Darlantan wrote: #2: Ya. I haven't written up any help-files yet hehe. I'll get around to it eventually. Only admins can "create" blogs through the admin-feature. I've made it like this cause I'd personally like some control of who has a blog :)

You could control it with permissions, e.g. add an extra 'blog' permission which can be set to ALL, REG, PRIVATE, etc.
Defend the game:
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

just installed this mod and i love the way that it is totally seperate from the forum - avoids messy modding and huge accidents! nice simple posting layout and its so versatile!!

my only quarms are that the templates are mucked up in 2.0.6, the cc one especially o.O and when you change things in the CP they dont change in the DB - keep this up - its gonna rock!
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

thanks for the tips and comments guys.

netclectic:
a permission to create blogs might be a good idea :) Maybe a group permission? Like these groups can create blogs, these can't. Mmm.. I gonna add it to the list of "maybes" for now.

xmulder:
cool. you nailed 2 of my main ideas with this mod. Versatility and complete separation from the forums. :) The cc-template is screwed yea. It's not really finished. It's based on my site's template which I've never had time to finish hehe. The subSilver template atleast works better. Anything specific you dislike in that template? Changing things in CP works fine for me. The only thing is that theme-changes won't show straight away in the CP as the theme is set after the header loads. It has to be like this, but I can make an "information" screen after submitting changes with link back to CP. Then the CP will be correct after clicking the link. Or does it really not update anything in the DB on your site?
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

Darlantan wrote: netclectic:
a permission to create blogs might be a good idea :) Maybe a group permission? Like these groups can create blogs, these can't. Mmm.. I gonna add it to the list of "maybes" for now.

yeah, that's what i did for my weblog mod. i was planning on changing it though as i figured a new permission would be more flexible.

another idea (which i did in my mod) was to create a usergroup for each blog created and make the 'owner' of the blog the moderator of the group and give them the ability to change the permissions of the blog.
Defend the game:
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

I'll currently be focusing on setting up a site with some description of this
mod, some screenshots, some help texts to get started etc. I'll try setup a demo too :)

And I'll ofcourse weed out any reported bugs etc as they appear.

As for create-blog permission, I might add something, but I've given the
auto-group-per-blog option some thought and I have decided against it. Basicly cause I want this mod to not clutter the forum-part of phpBB. The list of groups could be huge. But ofcourse, if someone wants to, they can
always make a mod/addon for this mod that does this :)
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

any more news on this mod?
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

still in development :)
I plan to get a 2nd alpha out before christmas, but we've had some trouble at the office so I've been quite busy. No major changes in next, except a tool to "symlink" blogroll-posts between blogs. Also creating a couple "addons". One to let users of some group create their own blogs, and a couple bbcode changes. I'm currently fiddling with the bbcode changes :)
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Darlantan wrote: still in development :)
I plan to get a 2nd alpha out before christmas, but we've had some trouble at the office so I've been quite busy. No major changes in next, except a tool to "symlink" blogroll-posts between blogs. Also creating a couple "addons". One to let users of some group create their own blogs, and a couple bbcode changes. I'm currently fiddling with the bbcode changes :)

woohoo! cant wait :D so long as it all works ill be a v happy bunny this christmas! Thankyou!!
Darlantan

Post by Darlantan »

I packed alpha-release 0.0.2 + 2 "addons". I'm home for the holidays so I haven't had a chance to test the package, but I decided to make it available anyways :)

Changes:
- information dialog on control panel submission. Makes theme changes appear straight away.
- fixed bug with personal-header selection. Caused problem if option was set before header was created.
- symlinking blogrolls. You can now have the same blogroll topic appear in several blogs. After making the blogroll, click to edit it and you'll see a text-link for symlinking it.
- probably some little things here and there that I can't remember...

Addons:
- "My IBlog" (silly name in lack of imagination). With this an admin can set a group whose members are allowed to create their own blogs through a new page (iblog.php). Where you want to place the iblog.php link is up to you as I haven't included any examples for that.

- BBcode url-target window. Lets you add a target=_blank|_parent|_self to any [url] bbcode tag. Very usefull combined with blogrolls/symrolls as you can easily create a "menu" post.

Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukah etc etc :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”