Admin PM every member

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
davidgid

Admin PM every member

Post by davidgid »

I need to be able to PM all the members of the forum I run. Under the "Private message settings" I enabled the "Allow sending of private messages to multiple users and groups:". Each time I try to add as few as 20 members I get and error saying I'm trying to pm too many people. Ideally I would like for only the admin to be able to PM everyone. Is there a flag I can switch temporarily to allow me to PM all members?
I am using 3.0.4 on the babywearing forum. We also run a shop were we sell baby slings and other baby carriers.
JimA
Former Team Member
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Admin PM every member

Post by JimA »

You can send a PM to the Registered Users group, then everyone on your board will receive it.

First make sure you have the permission "Can send messages to groups" on Yes for the Administrators group, in Groups' permissions under the Administrators tab.

Then go to the Users and groups tab, Manage groups. There edit the settings for the Registered users group and check the option: "Group able to receive private messages". Now you can PM the whole Registered users group in one time.
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Former Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
davidgid

Re: Admin PM every member

Post by davidgid »

Thanks JimA! That worked perfectly.
I am using 3.0.4 on the babywearing forum. We also run a shop were we sell baby slings and other baby carriers.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”