Top Five

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Top Five

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Top Five
Author: RMcGirr83
Modification description: Will show the last five topics that had a recent post, the top five most active users and the top five latest registered users
Modification version: 1.0.1.d
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.7-pl1

Download file: top_five.zip
File size: 40.87 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 23 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

top_five

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

top_five

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Thank you Paul and Mod Validation Team.

Screenie
top_five_index.jpg
top_five_index.jpg (32.17 KiB) Viewed 61042 times
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beer Image
stokerpiller

Re: top_five

Post by stokerpiller »

How many queries does this mod use?
I am done with phpBB
pavobe

Post by pavobe »

Language file contains "ban_list" comments :).
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

stokerpiller wrote:How many queries does this mod use?
3...two of which are cached for five minutes (newest users and top posters).
pavobe wrote:Language file contains "ban_list" comments :).
GAH!! I'll fix that in the next release.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
iemonster

Post by iemonster »

Hi, I have installed the Top Five Mod in my forum, and managed to change some settings to fit the table better. However, I couldn't make the Mod to show up the latest 5 POSTs in the correct order. It only shows the latest 5 TOPICs by the topic starter, but the subsequent posts and posters don't seem to change the order on the top 5 list.

Is there any way to change the codes so people can see the topics with the latest post and the user's name who made the post? Thanks.

URL: www.proxima-centauri-fantasy.com
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

What we have here is called a "feature".

[EDIT]Corrected in newest version[/EDIT]
Last edited by RMcGirr83 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iemonster

Post by iemonster »

THANKS! It works now! Such an easy fix! :)
barryoneoff

Post by barryoneoff »

Looks good. I have to give this one a try. Thanks. :)
Click above to support St. Josephs Hospice.
Barryoneoff's London. ... City of London walks.
iemonster

Post by iemonster »

Hi

I changed the code slightly from this

Code: Select all

LEFT JOIN ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u ON p.poster_id = u.user_id
to this

Code: Select all

LEFT JOIN ' . USERS_TABLE . ' u ON topic_last_poster_id = u.user_id
in order to show up the latest poster name after the topic. Have I done the right thing? Should it be t.topic_last_poster_id instead of topic_last_poster_id? Thanks :)
slammed83mazda

Post by slammed83mazda »

Edit: Nevermind I got it to show the last 5 topics,members etc.... But I am also having a problem with making the table fit correctly.
http://www.kentuckyminis.com/phpbb/
ijhtio

Post by ijhtio »

nice mod....very nice to see statistics on the home page :)

I am sorry this is not related to this mod but a generic question...but can something be done so that we need to make changes at one place only and all the styles show the changes...e.g. this mod is displayed perfectly in prosilver and subsilver2 only...but i luv avalon blue...there are many mods that do not display in avalon but in these two... :(
regards,
ijhtio
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

iemonster wrote:Should it be t.topic_last_poster_id instead of topic_last_poster_id?
Yes.
slammed83mazda wrote:Edit: Nevermind I got it to show the last 5 topics,members etc.... But I am also having a problem with making the table fit correctly.
http://www.kentuckyminis.com/phpbb/
Looks like you uploaded the html file found in the prosilver directory instead of the one found in the subsilver2 directory of the mod download (Aeroblue is a subsilver2 based style). After you have done that and it still doesn't look "quite right", look at how login_body.html is formatted and compare to the html file from the download and make adjustments to it.

ijhtio wrote:I am sorry this is not related to this mod but a generic question...but can something be done so that we need to make changes at one place only and all the styles show the changes...e.g. this mod is displayed perfectly in prosilver and subsilver2 only...but i luv avalon blue...there are many mods that do not display in avalon but in these two... :(
Almost every single style is based off of either prosilver or subsilver2. If the template you are using is a prosilver based mod then upload the html file in the root/styles/prosilver/template directory of the mod download, if it is subsilver2 based then upload the html file in the root/styles/subsilver2/template directory of the mod download. You can tell which one your style is based off of by viewing the theme directory of the style. If there are a few (two or so) css files, then it is a subsilver2 based style, if more than that (like 6 or more) then it is a prosilver based style and you would upload/make changes based on the install instructions for that style.

This is the case with >any< mod that is installed as many templates do not utilize the template inherits feature of phpBB (prosilver_se is the only style that I have seen that does utilize the template inherits feature).

Hope that cleared it up a tad for you.
alienbabeltech

Post by alienbabeltech »

can you show more than 5 ?
This is the best and most helpful community I have been on. You are some of the best people I have met. GOD Bless You ALL !
My Forum - http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/index.php

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”