[2.0.7] Announces Suite

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
14%

Total votes: 84

ravan

Post by ravan »

There is a fix for that actually - and now I cant remember where. It was on phpbbhacks.com I think. The fix was slightly broken on mine, but its basically just uncommenting a line of php in one template so its easy enough to do.

Sorry i cant be of more help, if you still have the problem later I'll take a look. Doing an install I cant walk away from now.
speedycheater

Post by speedycheater »

Thanks for your help. I'll go have a look on phpbbhacks. I've been trying for about three hours and haven't gotten it yet, so hopefully I'll be able to find that fix.
-Speedycheater
ravan

Post by ravan »

My SUSE is formatting, so I checked for ya :

http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=1125

This hack removes the warning: "Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent" when registering a new user under a forum hosted on Lycos

Worked for me (even though i have nothing to do w/ lycos).

It didnt autoinstall tho w/ easymod, but its supersupersimple.

Basically go into : includes/page_header.php

and comment out the text that looks 99% like this :
includes/page_header.phpelse

{
header ('Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');
}
header ('Expires: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', time()) . ' GMT');
header ('Last-Modified: ' . gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s') . ' GMT');

The install failed on mine because it wasnt 100% identical, but very close.

Not sure if that has any other side effects tho ...? Anyone?
speedycheater

Post by speedycheater »

So.. That will sort=of "cover up" the errors? It won't really fix it I don't think. Considering that page_header.php isn't even modified when installing the announces suite... I may install it for now, until I can find a proper fix. Thanks.
-Speedycheater
ravan

Post by ravan »

Yes it seems a bit like peeing in your pants to keep warm doesn it?

I'm very new to this phpbb world, so I cant really be of more help, sorry.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

If this correct the problem, it could be interesting to dig into it. Lycos is caused of several problems because of the added javascript at the bottom of each pages.
speedycheater

Post by speedycheater »

That did not completely correct the problem. It removed a few of the errors once in awhile. Most are still there. Any idea on what I can do?
-Speedycheater
speedycheater

Post by speedycheater »

Here is line 865 from functions_post.php :
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/page_tail.'.$phpEx);

You can go to www.superrc.net and see for yourself also.
-Speedycheater
TheMusicMan

Post by TheMusicMan »

I love the look of this mod on the forum given above.

Can I ask a few questions to Ptirhiik before I add it to my list of installs to-do...:)

1 - Can I install this mod with EM
2 - Is there a toggle with the admin panel that I can choose to turn it on or off should I have no announcements I wish to display at a certain time...?

Thanks in advance

John
John
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> speedycheater : please don't cross post between site. Already answered on the demo board (line before/after <?php ?>)

> The music man : yes to both question : you can also grant to the user the ability to have or not the board announcement displayed on index or above the topics in forum view, and many other display setup if you run this one with split topic type :).
speedycheater

Post by speedycheater »

Thanks Allot! You were right, I ended up with a empty line before ?> in functions_post.php . All fixed now! Sorry about the cross-posting, but I wasn't sure if I would get an answer faster here or on your own board, becuase the problem I had was with a live board.
-Speedycheater
Peter VDD

Post by Peter VDD »

Cross_+_Flame wrote: While I value your mods, I do think this new policy of allowing mods from established authors without thorough review is showing its effects...
:(

By the way, it's not because it's in the mod database that you 'must' use it. If anyone has problems with unvalidated mods, well then just don't install them and shut up :roll:

Just my opinion...

Great work Ptirhiik!!!
avguy86

Forum and Topic list dissapears...

Post by avguy86 »

I've just installed Annouces and it works great, except that the forum list on the index has dissapeared. No errors, no nothing. I have the top of the page, the nav bar, logos and menu. I even have the footer at the bottom of the page but nothing in the middle. The viewforum page also has this problem. However, the other pages (viewtopics, viewonline, posting, etc...) seem to work fine. I have no other mods installed, and I downloaded phpBB2 and the mod yesterday so I think they're up to date. I didn't use easymod, but I have double checked my installation at least three times by now... I'm clueless as to what's going on... Help! :cry:
~Miker~

Post by ~Miker~ »

I get this error when I open my forum after installing the announcements MOD... any suggestions?

Failed obtaining forum access control lists

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : Error

SELECT a.forum_id, a.auth_view, a.auth_read, a.auth_post, a.auth_reply, a.auth_edit, a.auth_delete, a.auth_sticky, a.auth_announce, a.auth_global_announce, a.auth_vote, a.auth_pollcreate, a.auth_attach FROM phpbb_forums a

Line : 150
File : d:\webspace\ADMIN\mikeradvancedgaming.com\WWW\forums\includes\auth.php
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Miker : The message is shorten, but you have probably forget the sql parts or introduce an error in auth.php : check those two things,

> avguy86 : recheck you didn't make an error in index_body.tpl or index.php, and that you have correctly uploaded all files at the place they are supposed to be.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”