Save full drafts

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot
Extensions Robot

Save full drafts

Post by Extensions Robot »

Modification name: Save full drafts
Author: asinshesq
Modification description: Allows users to save their posts and pms as drafts while preserving attachments, polls, etc. (the regular phpbb3 approach only saves the title and message). Also simplifies drafts interface to be more intuitive (e.g. eliminates distinction between loading and viewing or editing a draft and shows draft posts and draft pms on one list under different captions).
Modification version: 1.0.3
Tested on phpBB version: 3.0.10

Download file: save_full_drafts_1-0-3.zip
File size: 80.1 KiB

Modification overview page: View

The phpBB Team is not responsible nor required to provide support for this modification. By installing this MOD, you acknowledge that the phpBB Support Team or phpBB Extension Customisations Team may not be able to provide support.

-->Modification support<--
Last edited by Extensions Robot on Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm, edited 14 times in total.
(this is a non-active account manager for the phpBB Extension Customisations Team)
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Save full drafts

Post by Paul »

Modification validated/released

Notes:
asinshesq
Name: Alan

Save full drafts

Post by asinshesq »

Thanks, paul and whoever else workd on validation. Hope people find this useful.

edit: after you install this mod, please make the additional change described here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... #p12592155
Last edited by asinshesq on Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
alienbabeltech

Re: Save full drafts

Post by alienbabeltech »

WOW ! mod looks useful, but 45 mins to install it :shock:
This is the best and most helpful community I have been on. You are some of the best people I have met. GOD Bless You ALL !
My Forum - http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/index.php
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

wolf2009 wrote:WOW ! mod looks useful, but 45 mins to install it :shock:
1 minute with automod ;)
Hielke

Post by Hielke »

asinshesq wrote:
1 minute with automod ;)
automod? :?
KeithR
Former Team Member
Name: Keith R

Post by KeithR »

Hielke wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
1 minute with automod ;)
AutoMOD ;)
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

The Bad Toad wrote:
Hielke wrote:
asinshesq wrote:
1 minute with automod ;)
AutoMOD ;)
Yup. It's a mod that automatically installs mods. It's still in beta but is sponsored by the mod team here (I think jelly was the lead developer) and is quite stable and dependable. The download page is: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/automod/ . I've used it to install this and other mods many times.
Ahri89

Post by Ahri89 »

Thanks asinshesq!
MODs translated to Spanish: ACP Add User MOD, ACP Announcement Centre, Advertisement Management, Custom Profile Fields, Update Reminder, Flood time setting per forum, MOD Version Check, Posting template, Prune Log, Simple Trash Bin, TinyPic Plugin, User Reminder, View Profile, View your topics, and more...

Sorry for my bad english xD
NicksNet

Post by NicksNet »

hello,

thanks for this mod - works perfectly, without one error...

if a user first logged in after registration this errormessage will be show to the user:

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1486: Undefined index: save_as_draft
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1519: Undefined index: save_as_draft
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1635: Undefined index: save_as_draft
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1660: Missing argument 6 for pm_notification()

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4213

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4215

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4216

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4217
i checked edits, but cant find a mistake?!

what i have to do?

thanks
Sorry, my English isn't the best...
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

NicksNet wrote:if a user first logged in after registration this errormessage will be show to the user:
That only happens when the user first logs in after registration? Does it only happen when they go to their PM area or do you mean as soon as they try to log in? How were you able to clear the error?

If you want you can pm me the following files and I'll take a look:
includes/functions_privmsgs.php
includes/ucp/ucp_main.php
includes/ucp/ucp_pm_compose.php

I am guessing you missed an edit in includes/ucp/ucp_pm_compose.php.
NicksNet

Post by NicksNet »

good morning,

i rechecked edits in includes/ucp/ucp_pm_compose.php
-> i think i have done all edits :roll:

That only happens when the user first logs in after registration?
-> YES

Does it only happen when they go to their PM area or do you mean as soon as they try to log in?
-> After login, there shows a confirmation(information that i successfully logged in)-site shortly (here is this error-message) then you will be redirected to previous page (most portal oder index)

How were you able to clear the error?
Sorry, all translation-sites give me another translation - i am not sure to understand this question correctly :oops:
-> i found this error only with debug & debug extra mode - if i disable both it only shows the fourth line and headers already sent errors:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1660: Missing argument 6 for pm_notification()

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4213

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4215

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4216

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at ...blabla.../includes/functions.php:3337) in ...blabla.../includes/functions.php on line 4217
http://tattoo-freun.de
i have set registrations-confirmation to none - so you can test it without waiting for activation ;) (an option to self delete your account is also available if you must test more than one time^^) - debug & debug_extra is on

i will pm you the three files...

Thanks for help

PS: Must say, i have installed welcome_pm_mod, so new user will become a pm add first login (maybe it can be help)
Sorry, my English isn't the best...
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Yes, it's your welcome pm mod, which needs to be changed to add the parameters that this mod uses. Send me a link to the pm mod and I'll see if I can take a look at it sometime this week.
asinshesq

Post by asinshesq »

Nicksnet, I just looked at the welcome pm on login mod and here is what I think you need to do to make that mod work with this one:

OPEN
includes/functions_wpm.php

FIND
			'message'				=> $message,

AFTER, ADD
			'save_as_draft'			=> false,
In addition, I see that you installed my direct links in pm mod. You need to make this additional change so that that mod and the welcome pm mod work together:

OPEN
inlcudes/functions_wpm.php
FIND
		pm_notification('post', $this->send_user_data['username'], $recipients, $subject, $pm_data['message']);

REPLACE WITH
		pm_notification('post', $this->send_user_data['username'], $recipients, $subject, $pm_data['message'], $msg_id);
Let me know if those changes fix your problem.
NicksNet

Post by NicksNet »

asinshesq wrote:Nicksnet, I just looked at the welcome pm on login mod and here is what I think you need to do to make that mod work with this one:

OPEN
includes/functions_wpm.php

FIND
			'message'				=> $message,

AFTER, ADD
			'save_as_draft'			=> false,
Let me know if those changes fix your problem.
very nice work :!: no error message after first login :D

MUCH THANKS!!!

asinshesq wrote: In addition, I see that you installed my direct links in pm mod. You need to make this additional change so that that mod and the welcome pm mod work together:

OPEN
inlcudes/functions_wpm.php
FIND
		pm_notification('post', $this->send_user_data['username'], $recipients, $subject, $pm_data['message']);

REPLACE WITH
		pm_notification('post', $this->send_user_data['username'], $recipients, $subject, $pm_data['message'], $msg_id);
o_O today i deleted the direct links in pm mod, because this one error message
([phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_privmsgs.php on line 1660: Missing argument 6 for pm_notification())
and because the link in the email-notification wont work
(http://tattoo-freun.de/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=351)
if i recall right, the code in red wouldn't show in the email

i will reinstall this mod with your edits from last post and test it ;)

EDIT:

after reinstall and adding changes NO Error Message appears :D :D :D
BUT... the link in the email is still wrong:

http://tattoo-freun.de/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&p=353
must be:

http://tattoo-freun.de/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=353
sorry, i dont know if this error was there before i updated the forum from 3.0.4 to 3.0.5 or after the update (cant find a mail from before :oops: ) - and i dont know if this error can come from one of the other mods i installed (more than 70 :roll: )
Last edited by NicksNet on Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”