[MODDB] Post Expire 1.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Locked
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

Can we adapt this mo for this funcion: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1321685 ???
usenet2you
Registered User
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by usenet2you »

Ok thnx, that worked for me! :D

Now another question: Can you make something that a topic can be expired to max 14 days?? Hope you understand me. ;p
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

Geisthund wrote:
janine wrote:The calendar icon is not clickable.
Same here!!

Same here!!!

All clean Cache templade.

Tks for help
crazygandalf
Registered User
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:53 pm

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by crazygandalf »

Lisbon wrote:Can we adapt this mo for this funcion: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1321685 ???
Yes, you can adapt this mod. :D And if you asking me to do it, I would say maybe, but I don't think it will happen soon. Probably never. :-) Besides I see that someone is writing such a modification.
usenet2you wrote:Can you make something that a topic can be expired to max 14 days??
Nice idea. It should be configurable in ACP. I'll put that in the next version.
Lisbon wrote:
Geisthund wrote:
janine wrote:The calendar icon is not clickable.
Same here!!

Same here!!!

All clean Cache templade.

Tks for help
I(f you have one form on your style in posting.php please do what says in here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9055475
Post Expire - set when your post/topic will disappear/be locked/moved.
GG & Tlen & Skype - for polish instant messangers.
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

crazygandalf wrote:I(f you have one form on your style in posting.php please do what says in here:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 5#p9055475
I have do that. look:
Image

But nothing. no calendar :oops:
crazygandalf
Registered User
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:53 pm

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by crazygandalf »

Here is instruction for those who use other style than prosilver and subsilver2 and the datepicker doesn't showing for them.
1. Open the http://[your_address]/posting.php page in web browser.
2. Show page source.
3. Use find and look for expression below exactly as it is (including the char "<"):

Code: Select all

<form
4. Count which of searched forms has an action attribute as below. For example in prosilver it is the second, and in subsilver2 it is the first one.

Code: Select all

action="./posting.php?mode=post[...]"
5. Let's name this number Y.
6. Now let's do some math: X = Y - 1
7. Now do this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
styles/[your_style]/template/posting_editor.html (some styles have other name like posting_body.html)

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
document.forms[1].date_picker

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
document.forms[X].date_picker //put instead of X your calculated number
8. Purge the cache.
Post Expire - set when your post/topic will disappear/be locked/moved.
GG & Tlen & Skype - for polish instant messangers.
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

crazygandalf wrote:4. Count which of searched forms has an action attribute as below. For example in prosilver it is the second, and in subsilver2 it is the first one.

Code: Select all

action="./posting.php?mode=post[...]"
5. Let's name this number Y.
6. Now let's do some math: X = Y - 1
7. Now do this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
styles/[your_style]/template/posting_editor.html (some styles have other name like posting_body.html)

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
document.forms[1].date_picker

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
document.forms[X].date_picker //put instead of X your calculated number
8. Purge the cache.
Ho nooo. to much for my :oops: :oops: I´m noob

Tks any away :oops: :oops:
usenet2you
Registered User
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by usenet2you »

crazygandalf wrote:
usenet2you wrote:Can you make something that a topic can be expired to max 14 days??
Nice idea. It should be configurable in ACP. I'll put that in the next version.
Thanks in advance! I am looking forward to it. :D
crazygandalf
Registered User
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:53 pm

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by crazygandalf »

Lisbon wrote:Ho nooo. to much for my :oops: :oops: I´m noob

Tks any away :oops: :oops:
Are you kiddin? You have to find which form is it and change one number. You don't need any phpBB skills. Just use search and count as I said.
Post Expire - set when your post/topic will disappear/be locked/moved.
GG & Tlen & Skype - for polish instant messangers.
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

crazygandalf wrote:
Lisbon wrote:Ho nooo. to much for my :oops: :oops: I´m noob

Tks any away :oops: :oops:
Are you kiddin? You have to find which form is it and change one number. You don't need any phpBB skills. Just use search and count as I said.
Ok i´m goin tray ;)
usenet2you
Registered User
Posts: 407
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:31 pm
Location: The Netherlands

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by usenet2you »

Can we make also something that users are not able to select an forum to move and lock the topic and that it automatic move and lock to an forum that is already selected in the acp?
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

Strange. Im my work i see the calendar in the IE (I do not know which version) but at home i dont see the calendar in IE or Firefox :shock: :shock: :shock:

My board: http://www.cetos.info/forum
crazygandalf wrote:Here is instruction for those who use other style than prosilver and subsilver2 and the datepicker doesn't showing for them.
1. Open the http://[your_address]/posting.php page in web browser.
I have put: http:/www.cetos.info/forum/posting.php
crazygandalf wrote:2. Show page source.
Done!
crazygandalf wrote:3. Use find and look for expression below exactly as it is (including the char "<"):

Code: Select all

<form
4. Count which of searched forms has an action attribute as below. For example in prosilver it is the second, and in subsilver2 it is the first one.
Done! 1 time
crazygandalf wrote:

Code: Select all

action="./posting.php?mode=post[...]"
what is this? :oops: :oops:
crazygandalf wrote:5. Let's name this number Y.
6. Now let's do some math: X = Y - 1
7. Now do this:

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
styles/[your_style]/template/posting_editor.html (some styles have other name like posting_body.html)

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
document.forms[1].date_picker

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
document.forms[X].date_picker //put instead of X your calculated number
8. Purge the cache.
I have change but notinhg :oops:

Tks for help
AtomicJo
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by AtomicJo »

Hi crazygandalf,

Thanks a lot for this new version.

I had some PHP warnings for not having defined some variables. Indeed, because of a lot of conditions syntaxes (if ($config['expire_enable']) ....), some variables used at end of "posting.php" ('S_EXPIRE_FORUM_OPTIONS' => $s_expire_forum_options, ...) are not defined.

I resolved these warnings with variable definitions just before "if ($config['expire_enable']) "

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
posting.php
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
if ($config['expire_enable']) 
{
	$expire_after_show = 0;
	$expire_exact_show = 0;

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#

$s_expire_forum_options = 0;
$expire_after_show = 0;
$expire_exact_show = 0;
$post_expire_select = '';
$topic_expire_type_select = '';

if ($config['expire_enable']) 
{

Anyway, this new version rocks !

Thanks !
crazygandalf
Registered User
Posts: 148
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:53 pm

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by crazygandalf »

usenet2you wrote:Can we make also something that users are not able to select an forum to move and lock the topic and that it automatic move and lock to an forum that is already selected in the acp?
I'll take it for considaration.
Lisbon wrote:Strange. Im my work i see the calendar in the IE (I do not know which version) but at home i dont see the calendar in IE or Firefox
It means that on forum everything is OK, and it has nothing to do with my mod. The problem is with your browsers you use at home. Maybe you have JavaSript disabled.
AtomicJo wrote:I had some PHP warnings for not having defined some variables. Indeed, because of a lot of conditions syntaxes (if ($config['expire_enable']) ....), some variables used at end of "posting.php" ('S_EXPIRE_FORUM_OPTIONS' => $s_expire_forum_options, ...) are not defined.

I resolved these warnings with variable definitions just before "if ($config['expire_enable']) "
Thanks once again. I forgot about it.
Post Expire - set when your post/topic will disappear/be locked/moved.
GG & Tlen & Skype - for polish instant messangers.
User avatar
Lisbon
Registered User
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:28 pm
Location: Zermatt

Re: [Beta] Post Expire 0.4.0

Post by Lisbon »

crazygandalf wrote:
Lisbon wrote:Strange. Im my work i see the calendar in the IE (I do not know which version) but at home i dont see the calendar in IE or Firefox
It means that on forum everything is OK, and it has nothing to do with my mod. The problem is with your browsers you use at home. Maybe you have JavaSript disabled.
How to solve that problen?

Tks in advance
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MODs in Development”