My forum Signature was changed.

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
bucsrno1

My forum Signature was changed.

Post by bucsrno1 »

Hello,
I do not know how, but my forum signature was changed without my permission or my knowledge.

This is the altered code that was in my signature`s place :

This is my original signature code :

How in the world does this happen???
Will it happen again??
Can the offender be caught???
Oh by the way I cannot change it back. I am stuck with someone else`s signature until the Admin. helps me.
I just deleted my signature altogether. But I would like to get mine back, Please.
Thanks.
:shock:
Last edited by bucsrno1 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: My forum Signature was changed.

Post by stevemaury »

Am I to understand that you are not the Administrator of the board on which this occurs? Are you the administrator of the board referred to in your topic about stalled file uploads - http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... &t=1536695 ?

Are we talking about two different boards here? Care to share the URL of either or both?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Kim_Possible

Post by Kim_Possible »

[edit] Too slow again. :oops:

Are you talking about your signature here on this board or some other board. If you mean some other board, then you will have to take this up with the admins at that board. This is a support site for the phpBB software and has no connection to any boards outside of their control. From the FAQ:
We provide the software, we have absolutely nothing to do with any board that runs it (beyond phpbb.com of course!). The GPL grants the user an unlimited right of use subject to their adherence of that licence. Therefore we cannot prevent, dictate, control or otherwise limit the use of phpBB 2 software. So please do not contact us for such matters.

If you have a problem with a given board please take it up with them, not us. We are not and cannot be held legally responsible for any third party use of this software (much like Microsoft et al cannot be held responsible for the use of Windows in illegal activities, etc.). Additionally we do not track the use of phpBB software in any way. So please do not ask us for details on a "given" board we will not be able to help you. If any law firms or lawyers out there send us writs, Cease and Desist orders, etc. for third party website use of this software we reserve the right to charge for time wasted dealing with such issues ...
If a moderator on this board altered your sig., it was probably because it was in violation of the sig rules that prohibit any image in sigs that is taller than 60pxs.

http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule2a
bucsrno1

Post by bucsrno1 »

Kim_Possible wrote:[edit] Too slow again. :oops:

Are you talking about your signature here on this board or some other board. If you mean some other board, then you will have to take this up with the admins at that board. This is a support site for the phpBB software and has no connection to any boards outside of their control. From the FAQ:
We provide the software, we have absolutely nothing to do with any board that runs it (beyond phpbb.com of course!). The GPL grants the user an unlimited right of use subject to their adherence of that licence. Therefore we cannot prevent, dictate, control or otherwise limit the use of phpBB 2 software. So please do not contact us for such matters.

If you have a problem with a given board please take it up with them, not us. We are not and cannot be held legally responsible for any third party use of this software (much like Microsoft et al cannot be held responsible for the use of Windows in illegal activities, etc.). Additionally we do not track the use of phpBB software in any way. So please do not ask us for details on a "given" board we will not be able to help you. If any law firms or lawyers out there send us writs, Cease and Desist orders, etc. for third party website use of this software we reserve the right to charge for time wasted dealing with such issues ...
If a moderator on this board altered your sig., it was probably because it was in violation of the sig rules that prohibit any image in sigs that is taller than 60pxs.

http://www.phpbb.com/rules/#rule2a
I`m sorry.
This Forum Board.
Also I am pretty sure that the Admin. on this forum board did not change my sig, cause the sig info is different, Please take a look the game server name is different, the IP address is different, the maps are different, & the no. of player slots is different .
Also if I try to change the sig back it just reverts back automatically.
Thanks
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

The offender has been caught. If you go in the bathroom and stand at the sink, you will see him.

That signature is a dynamic link to some sort of game statistics. The provider (cstrike2) of the linked url changed the appearance of it.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
bucsrno1

Post by bucsrno1 »

Ok,
Well then how come when I go to other Forum boards were I use the same exact sig it has not been changed at all. Only on this forum board.
If the change was coming from the link source as you say, would it not have effected all of my different forum boards that I am a member of??
I have already checked the other forum boards & verified this to be true. My sig has only been changing here only.
My problem is only to this website.
Please do not think I am being rude. I am just upset with the situation.
I guess if no one has a remedy I will just not have a sig on this 1 forum.
Thanks.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

First, in general the Moderators here will give you a chance to change a non-conforming signature. If you don't, they will delete it, not edit it. No moderator here edited your signature.

Try going to these other boards and refreshing your browser.
bucsrno1

Post by bucsrno1 »

OMG no,
I am not saying this board`s Admin. is changing my sig.
I know this cause I have had this sig here ever since I became a member here.
I use Fire Fox so every time I close it, it deletes everything cookies,history, Private data,& download history.
I guess I will try to make a bug report to the people who provide me the sig.
Thanks.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

Still not sure what is going on here, I seem to understand it is a problem on another board which you do not administrate. In which case the questions should be directed to that boards administrator.
Chris SmithGitHub
bucsrno1

Post by bucsrno1 »

ToonArmy wrote:Still not sure what is going on here, I seem to understand it is a problem on another board which you do not administrate. In which case the questions should be directed to that boards administrator.
HERE. This Board.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Well, there are only two ways your signature can be editied here. Either a moderator does it (which didn't happen) or you or someone with your password did. Or, as I said, the link had dynamic content.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member
Name: Chris Smith

Post by ToonArmy »

bucsrno1 wrote:
ToonArmy wrote:Still not sure what is going on here, I seem to understand it is a problem on another board which you do not administrate. In which case the questions should be directed to that boards administrator.
HERE. This Board.
Well you don't have a signature here and the logs show nobody has edited it.
Chris SmithGitHub
bucsrno1

Post by bucsrno1 »

Please read my original post.
There you will find a copy of the altered sig & my original sig.
Also,
I had to delete it cause it kept changing back automatically. I could not control it.
I have always had a sig on this board ever since I have been a member here.
I just noticed the problem today.
The weird thing is that now whatever was altering my sig has stopped for now.
I was able to change the altered sig back to my sig.
I guess I will have to check it every once in a while here.
Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

Please note that neither signature image is within the 60px high x, 468px wide / 6kB in size limitation. You are welcome to have an image that shows server stats, but make sure that it does comply with these limitations.
bucsrno1

Post by bucsrno1 »

Anon wrote:Please note that neither signature image is within the 60px high x, 468px wide / 6kB in size limitation. You are welcome to have an image that shows server stats, but make sure that it does comply with these limitations.
I have had the same sig ever since I became a member on this board forum. Until I made a post earlier today & noticed a altered sig in my sig`s place. Please refer to my original post for more info on that.
Sometime between now & back when I became a member the max sig dimensions must have been changed by the Admin.
I know that if you select a sig that is to large the board will not accept it. So it would have been impossible for me to install a larger sig. I tried to install my old sig & it got rejected immediately. This was before I found out about this sig rule change.
As you can see now my new sig is in compliance with this board`s sig dimension rules.
Thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”