[ABD] Slashdot Style News Posting By CMX - 2.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
furrysound

Post by furrysound »

I got your PM and responded with one :D
sfnitro230

Post by sfnitro230 »

In the News Mod Base URL in configuration what do I put if phpbb is located at www.____.com/phpbb and the News Mod Index File is news_index.php.
deny

Problem

Post by deny »

I've installed on phpBB 2.0.4 and so far works fine but there is problem in Admin panel.
If i click on Categories or Configuration then appears teplate without Title, no explanation etc...
This is example only what i see:

Yes No
field empty
news_index.php
images/news

etc...

Without any word explanation??What's wrong?
Same things happend if going to forum permission.I can find field
for news and then decide of he should be only for private,reg etc... but above is not any word explanation (title) and it should be i think News?
DivErTido

Re: Problem

Post by DivErTido »

deny wrote: I've installed on phpBB 2.0.4 and so far works fine but there is problem in Admin panel.
If i click on Categories or Configuration then appears teplate without Title, no explanation etc...
This is example only what i see:

Yes No
field empty
news_index.php
images/news

etc...

Without any word explanation??What's wrong?
Same things happend if going to forum permission.I can find field
for news and then decide of he should be only for private,reg etc... but above is not any word explanation (title) and it should be i think News?

I think you have to copy the lang to language/xxx/admin folder... it works to me...
Since you have phpbb 2.0.4 can you help me with my problem? (4º post before)

tks
P.S. Please sorry for my poor english...
Legendas Divx
DivErTido

Post by DivErTido »

DivErTido wrote:
live@ct wrote:i it show me a msg that says
Please ensure both the install/ and contrib/ directories are deleted

You need to delete install folder in forum root :wink:

Hi ppl,
I think that I need your help... :roll:

I have an 2.0.4 phpbb forum and I already installed this GREAT mod... (With no problems... everything fine!)
But... when I click "New Topic", the news option dont appear... :cry:
What I do wrong? :roll:

This is my News configuration:

This is ok? Is the category number? ID?

This is what I mean...

Can anyone help me? please? :roll:

My Portal: www.divertidos.net
My Forum: www.divertidos.net/forum

P.S. Sorry my bad english...

Please, I really need help :roll:
Why this topic dont have suporte? :roll:
Legendas Divx
akva

Post by akva »

.....news_viewnews.php - text in new post have a big font. It is diferent as phpBB2 fonts. Where can I set up this font ?
(when I implement this MOD in ez_portal (portal.php), font is OK)

.....in new post does't show images....i see only url adress...
It possible show images coretly ?

can I do it something change in functions_news.php ?

thx

(2.0.3 upgrade to 2.0.4)
DivErTido

Post by DivErTido »

please ppl!? :roll:
I cant doit without your help... my config is correct?
Legendas Divx
totoelectro

Post by totoelectro »

have you put the part of code in posting_body.tpl ??
t1000

Where is the mod file?

Post by t1000 »

Is that mod finished beta and released? I just can't find it at the mod section of phpbb.com. Where can I download it?

FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

hello,
I Have upgraded my forum to PHPBB 2.0.6 (from 2.0.4) and installed all my mods again, including CMX BETA6. I Now get this error when i try and post a message:

Code: Select all

Warning: Missing argument 21 for submit_post() in /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 216

Warning: Missing argument 22 for submit_post() in /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/functions_post.php on line 216

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:216) in /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 505

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:216) in /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 507

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/functions_post.php:216) in /home/sosolidp/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 508
I Have tried using a new functions_post.php and then re-edit it however it hasnt helped.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
FreeFall

Post by FreeFall »

i have now fixed this; it was because i have the moderator actions mod installed aswell which it didnt like...a little worrying as that mod is in the DB
Yo-DUH_87

Post by Yo-DUH_87 »

FreeFall wrote: i have now fixed this; it was because i have the moderator actions mod installed aswell which it didnt like...a little worrying as that mod is in the DB

So you just removed the "Actions MOD" and it works? How did you go about uninstalling it without destroying your phpbb setup?

Can these two be made to coexist peacefully?
Matchrix

Post by Matchrix »

Great Mod - thanks for making it...

I am not a coder though and was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I would like to make the news titles alot bigger without affecting how to rest of the forums are displayed. Can anyone suggest what I need to change??

My forums are at http://matchrix.com/forums and the titles of the news I would like bigger are located at http://matchrix.com/forums/news_index.php

Also if anyone can assist with code to show the RSS feed from the news onto another site - that would be great!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

can i use this mod in combination with the cat. hierachy? i just tried it, but my complete forum screwed so much, that thought it was a waste of time to report it. has anyone done this mod with cat. hierachy mod?
Best regards
Eleanor

------------
sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch....
faunus

Post by faunus »

news_index.php?news=archives

if I click the archives URL,

below error

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_fill() in /public_html/phpBB/includes/news_data.php on line 591
how to fix it?
sorry, my english is poor

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”