[ABD] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Any abandoned MODs will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

WARNING: MODs in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original MOD author. Proceed at your own risk.
RazerRazer

Re: [DEV] lastRSS autoposting bot MOD (0.1.4)

Post by RazerRazer »

Ger wrote:
RazerRazer wrote:I know that, but I think, it isn't very difficuld and I think I can become here a little but help. I know, this mod isn't for live boards, but I need this function. Without this, my forum can't start!
First of all: HoL is right; you shouldn't use this on a life board, it's still too buggy. If your forum can't start without it, don't start your forum (or do not come back and complain about errors).

Second: the messagelength isn't limited by this MOD, it's limited by the RSS.
First: OK, when I find this one thing, I don''t come back to this topic.
Second: It isn't limited by RSS, because, when I am going to the feed with a Browser, I see the complete news. On other sites I don't see it, because on meny other sites it is limited.
Third: I am going to start my forum because I'm a fighter! ;)

Thanks for help!
lavenlaar

Post by lavenlaar »

Im after a horizontal ticker that is the width of the board under the header and only 1 line high. Giving updates from a forum on my board. Is this the mod that im after ? Sorry, i dont have a clue.
My forum is a travel forum wanting to give members an update on Travel Warnings etc...
similar to this
http://www.ashkon.com/mwb.html

could somebody please help in any way...

cheers
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

More problems:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Column 'topic_status' cannot be null [1048]

SQL

INSERT INTO phpbb_1topics (topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, icon_id, topic_approved, topic_title, topic_first_poster_name, topic_first_poster_colour, topic_type, topic_time_limit, topic_attachment, topic_status) VALUES (171, 1238900326, '30', 0, 1, 'DSi Chair in Animal Crossing Wii', 'R. O. B.', '993333', 0, 0, 0, NULL)

BACKTRACE

FILE: includes/db/mysql.php
LINE: 174
CALL: dbal->sql_error()

FILE: includes/functions_posting.php
LINE: 1860
CALL: dbal_mysql->sql_query()

FILE: includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php
LINE: 192
CALL: submit_post()

LINE: 60
CALL: autopost()

LINE: 244
CALL: autopost_init()

FILE: index.php
LINE: 45
CALL: include('includes/functions_lastrss_autopost.php')
Any fix?
Tripp
Former Team Member
Name: Tripp

Post by Tripp »

lavenlaar wrote:Im after a horizontal ticker that is the width of the board under the header and only 1 line high. Giving updates from a forum on my board. Is this the mod that im after ? Sorry, i dont have a clue.
My forum is a travel forum wanting to give members an update on Travel Warnings etc...
similar to this
http://www.ashkon.com/mwb.html

could somebody please help in any way...

cheers
No, this is not the mod, search for news ticker or something along those lines.
The box said 'You need Windows XP or better' .... so I installed linux.

Formerly Drugs
Kudlaty

Post by Kudlaty »

great mod :)

and will be greater when configuration will be in acp :)
hohleweg

Post by hohleweg »

Hallo
Sorry das es hier in deutsch weitergeht bei phpBB.de gibt es keine Hilfe zu diesem Hack.
Nun zum Problem
Ich habe alles installiert angepasst usw. genauso wie in der Anleitung beschrieben ist!

NUR ich finde NICHT im acp wo ich was einstellen kann.
was mache ich den hiermit? modx.prosilver.en.xsl

kann es sein da was im Sprache en geändert wird das im deutschen acp nichts angezeigt wird?

Was ist falsch?
Gruß Jo
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

Question: Can this mod be used to autopost from multiple RSS feeds? If so, where in the database do you define the URL of each feed? If not, can the mod be modified to allow autoposting from multiple feeds, or is there an easy workaround to accomplish this?

I need to know this before I spend time installing the mod, because if it's impossible to autopost content from multiple sources then the mod doesn't do what I need for my forum.

Thanks.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau »

Eric Stetson wrote:Question: Can this mod be used to autopost from multiple RSS feeds? If so, where in the database do you define the URL of each feed? If not, can the mod be modified to allow autoposting from multiple feeds, or is there an easy workaround to accomplish this?

I need to know this before I spend time installing the mod, because if it's impossible to autopost content from multiple sources then the mod doesn't do what I need for my forum.

Thanks.
If you install the ACP module posted earlier in this thread you will find it easy to add multiple rss feeds.
Call me Grumpy.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

hohleweg wrote:Hallo
Sorry das es hier in deutsch weitergeht bei phpBB.de gibt es keine Hilfe zu diesem Hack.
Nun zum Problem
Ich habe alles installiert angepasst usw. genauso wie in der Anleitung beschrieben ist!

NUR ich finde NICHT im acp wo ich was einstellen kann.
was mache ich den hiermit? modx.prosilver.en.xsl

kann es sein da was im Sprache en geändert wird das im deutschen acp nichts angezeigt wird?

Was ist falsch?
Gruß Jo
Hi,

phpBB.com is an English-speaking board. If you are able to ask your question in English, please do :)
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
Eric Stetson

Post by Eric Stetson »

madmartyau wrote:
Eric Stetson wrote:Question: Can this mod be used to autopost from multiple RSS feeds? If so, where in the database do you define the URL of each feed? If not, can the mod be modified to allow autoposting from multiple feeds, or is there an easy workaround to accomplish this?

Thanks.
If you install the ACP module posted earlier in this thread you will find it easy to add multiple rss feeds.
How do I install it? I just downloaded it and unzipped it, but it doesn't appear to have a file with instructions like a lot of mods have. Any help would be appreciated.
madmartyau
Name: Marty

Post by madmartyau »

Eric Stetson wrote:
madmartyau wrote:

Thanks.
How do I install it? I just downloaded it and unzipped it, but it doesn't appear to have a file with instructions like a lot of mods have. Any help would be appreciated.
Just upload the folders to your forum root and then there's a text file that shows you the database change you need to do, then you go in to your ACP>System>Module Management>Administration Control Panel. Click on .Mods then enter Auto Posting Bot in the text box and click Create Module and follow the prompts. Click on Auto Posting Bot then add the two modules for it from the drop down boxes.
Call me Grumpy.
hohleweg

Post by hohleweg »

Hi
I have all instalation done but i dont see
anything in my acp
why

Greetings Jo
Smix

Post by Smix »

Hello ... :oops:

I´m a bit surprised about the amount of posts since I wasn´t there ... I have to apologize about my inactivity, but I´m currently having some problems with my internet connection (internet provider problems), so I´not online as much as I want ... I hope it will change next week or very shortly ...

I read 5 latest pages and I´m afraid that I´ll only answering all the questions for (at least) one week or more ... It´s mostly repeating questions and I want to thank to all the people who answered those questions or in any other way supported my mod.

I saw many feature request and improvement ideas and I´m opened to all of them, but ... There is so many posts and I´m afraid that I´ll miss some ... I´ll read this thread again and again and I´ll try to make a notice about all the valuable informations, but you can help me, if you´ll post your request to the newly created feature tracker on my board ...

Secondly , please do not post requests for ACP support in this thread, because this mod hasn´t official ACP yet! ...

I´ll try to answer briefly the latest questions ...

@ Hohleweg
This mod hasn´t an official ACP ... Everything about setting up this mod can be found in my Knowledge Base ...

@ Eric Stetson
Yes, this mod can be used for posting content from multiple RSS feeds ... And without an ACP ... Everything about setting up this mod can be found in my Knowledge Base ...

@PrattP
... Sorry, no fix yet - I´ll check it ...

@deandeneva
... As I answered you on my board - try to rename function parse() everywhere in my mod to lastrss_parse() ...

@soft2001
I dont get enough informations about your problem ... At first I´m not sure about what do you mean, when you say that you are "replacing new with the old" and so on ... I also need the server error message - not ACP error message ... But possibly it should be the same problem with SQL insert query ...

@ blitztrading
blitztrading wrote:I am running mod 0.1.3, does the upgrade bring something new for my issue?
:? :o ... I´m urging you to immediately upgrade to the latest version (actually v0.1.4), because versions lower than 0.1.4 has a security vulnerability :!:
Anyway, I don´t have a fix for your problem yet ...

List of the bugs that was found and I´ll have to investigate before next version ...
  • topic_status cannot be null
  • Undefined index is_registered
  • topic_content too long ... (I´ll have to remake caching again to files - not to db)
  • problem with posting special chars ...
... sorry, I´m out of time now ... But I promise, I´ll be back soonly ...
PrattP

Post by PrattP »

Thanks for the reply Smix! Look forward to you finding and releasing a fix.

When this works completely and without fail it will be one of the best mods for phpBB3, and that day can't come soon enough. :D

Thanks so much for your continued effort. :)
hohleweg

Post by hohleweg »

Hello
Have anybody real data for this?
and/or an example

Code: Select all

1. INSERT INTO `phpbb_lastrss_autopost`
   2. (`name`, `url`, `next_check`, `next_check_after`, `destination_id`, `enabled`)
   3. VALUES
   4. ('name', 'http://feed.url', 0, 12, 2, 1);
Greetings Jo

Return to “[3.0.x] Abandoned MODs”