[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
Om Ahmed

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by Om Ahmed »

this is the content of (conver_error.log)

Code: Select all

Categories and Forums
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Forumotion\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py", line 341, in <module>
    dl_cvt_subforum('c0', 1, 0, 'Forum', '')
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Forumotion\Forumotion\members_topics_posts_phpBB3.py", line 337, in dl_cvt_subforum
    out.write(phpbb3_default_forum_acl(table_prefix, left))
NameError: global name 'phpbb3_default_forum_acl' is not defined
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The converter's been updated, head over to http://nneonneo.ath.cx to get an updated copy.

As for the .SQL files, just import them into phpMyAdmin.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

Thank you for your coninuous work on updating this converter, but .. I still have the same problem(converted 0 posts and 0 topics) !!!
what could be the problem??:s
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

OK, please update the common.py file from the new converter package, too. Then it should work, I think.

EDIT: alternately, you can just grab the all-in-one package from the first post; the settings haven't changed so you can copy your modified settings.py over the one in the package.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

Code: Select all

you can just grab the all-in-one package from the first post; the settings haven't changed so you can copy your modified settings.py over the one in the package.
That's exactly what I've done :(
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Version 0.2.7, posted about 20 minutes ago? And you are still getting the same error, with the same convert_error.log?
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

well, I've made a slight change to forum name, and it's downloading topics now, but with every topic ID it tells me that(Error: topic is empty) :?

Addition:
The forum toics are written in Arabic, right to left language as you may know, Has this something to do with the problem?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

OK, let me have a look at your forum. I haven't been able to test the converter on a non-english forum.

EDIT: grammar fail
Last edited by nneonneo on Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

In your profile options, can you try setting your language to "English"? The converter does not recognize many of the Arabic forum text. It should still convert post text correctly.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

actually in the moment u were posting your reply I was retrying doing this.. the same thing, my profile is in english, and now I made the whole forum language is English, but still posts are naturaly in Arabic and most of user's names..
user's names, categories and forums were successfully converted, the problem was in topics and posts..
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

The last thing to check is the date format -- as it says in the Instructions file, the converter expects a specific date format. You should make that change in your profile options (not admin options).
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

Hello nneonneo and thank you very much for your patience, 2 days ago I was able to get posts and topics database, after modifying forum data in the on line forum and in the settings file from the begining with different data, I don't know what happened exactly but the important thing for me that it worked :D ...

I encountered a strange problem, I imported *topics_posts_phpBB3.sql* to my database along with members and categories and forums.. all categories, forums and members were successfuly merged in the forum, but topics and posts written in arabic did never appear , you just find a blank post or blanc topic title with blank posts inside, but when there are english words they appear ..
I made it many times with no use :?
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

This sounds like an encoding problem. If you open the SQL files, do you see Arabic text? If so, then you should try to see if you can fix the encodings; unfortunately, I'm not really well-versed in how to do this.

You can also try importing the file using the character set "cp1256" in phpMyAdmin, because that is the character set used on the forum.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

nneonneo wrote:You can also try importing the file using the character set "cp1256" in phpMyAdmin, because that is the character set used on the forum.
I can't thank you enough
it worked :)

Return to “[3.0.x] Convertors”