Quick reply for phpBB3

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
rxu
Extensions Development Team
Name: Ruslan

Re: Quick reply for phpBB3

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:01 am

georgeryon
As I've mentioned before, page jumping to the quick reply form problem should be gone since phpBB 3.0.5 with the fix of bug #42455 (actually this is not the MOD problem). But if you're ready to apply this fix now, you can do the following edits.
1. For prosilver and prosilver-based styles:

Code: Select all

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/editor.js

FIND
onload_functions.push('initInsertions()');

REPLACE WITH
/* onload_functions.push('initInsertions()'); */

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html

FIND
<textarea <!-- IF S_UCP_ACTION and not S_PRIVMSGS and not S_EDIT_DRAFT -->name="signature" id="signature" style="height: 9em;"<!-- ELSE -->name="message" id="message"<!-- ENDIF --> rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" class="inputbox">{MESSAGE}{DRAFT_MESSAGE}{SIGNATURE}</textarea>

REPLACE WITH
<textarea <!-- IF S_UCP_ACTION and not S_PRIVMSGS and not S_EDIT_DRAFT -->name="signature" id="signature" style="height: 9em;"<!-- ELSE -->name="message" id="message"<!-- ENDIF --> rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onfocus="initInsertions();" class="inputbox">{MESSAGE}{DRAFT_MESSAGE}{SIGNATURE}</textarea>
2. For subsilver2 and subsilver2-based styles:

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/editor.js

FIND
window.onload = initInsertions;

REPLACE WITH
/* window.onload = initInsertions; */

OPEN
styles/prosilver/template/posting_editor.html

FIND
<td valign="top" style="width: 100%;"><textarea name="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" style="width: 98%;">{MESSAGE}</textarea></td>

REPLACE WITH
<td valign="top" style="width: 100%;"><textarea name="message" rows="15" cols="76" tabindex="3" onselect="storeCaret(this);" onclick="storeCaret(this);" onkeyup="storeCaret(this);" onfocus="initInsertions();" style="width: 98%;">{MESSAGE}</textarea></td>

SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES
After you uploaded files to server you'll have to purge the cache (in ACP) and refresh templates for all styles (in ACP/Styles tab).

Ultiweap

Post by Ultiweap » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 am

Hi,

I do everything you ask in the ModX, but I upload of modified files to my FTP I got a Parse Error due to the includes/session file. When I backup it is back ok. This is the only files i'm having a problem. I modified it as you say but still the same problem.

Can you help me with that please?

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:27 am

Ultiweap wrote:Can you help me with that please?
Sure, if you'd give me exact error text :)

Ultiweap

Post by Ultiweap » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:32 am

Here is it what I got when the files is uploaded.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting T_VARIABLE in /mounted-storage/home123c/sub004/sc68666-LXYZ/www/includes/session.php on line 1439
Thanks in advance for any help.

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 am

Now please show me the line 1439 in your edited includes/session.php file.

bookboarder

Post by bookboarder » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 am

Hi! I installed this mod tonight and it's succesful for me using ProSilver. However, when I added it to subsilver2, the QuickReply box shows up at the top of the thread, rather than on the bottom, as usual. Can someone tell me what I may have done wrong? Thanks!

Ultiweap

Post by Ultiweap » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:42 am

var $keyoptions = array('viewimg' => 0, 'viewflash' => 1, 'viewsmilies' => 2, 'viewsigs' => 3, 'viewavatars' => 4, 'viewcensors' => 5, 'attachsig' => 6, 'bbcode' => 8, 'smilies' => 9, 'popuppm' => 10), 'viewquickreply' => 11, 'viewquickpost' => 12;
Here is the line 1439.

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:43 am

Replace it with the following line

var $keyoptions = array('viewimg' => 0, 'viewflash' => 1, 'viewsmilies' => 2, 'viewsigs' => 3, 'viewavatars' => 4, 'viewcensors' => 5, 'attachsig' => 6, 'bbcode' => 8, 'smilies' => 9, 'popuppm' => 10, 'viewquickreply' => 11, 'viewquickpost' => 12);

Ultiweap

Post by Ultiweap » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:58 am

Thanks man. FOr the session is ok but now when I tried to install it it says that and I can't do anything.
General Error
template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/AeroBlue/template/menu.html does not exist or is empty
what to do i'm completely confused.

Ultiweap

Post by Ultiweap » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:40 am

And when i try to uninstall it say
Fatal error: template->_tpl_load_file(): File ./styles/AeroBlue/template/menu.html does not exist or is empty in /mounted-storage/home123c/sub004/sc68666-LXYZ/www/includes/functions_template.php on line 63
Plz help....

Thanks in advance

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:53 am

The thing is that menu.html (copying or editing) is not related to this MOD at all.
So I can't imagine how to help you with this. Are you sure the style is installed correctly?

Ultiweap

Post by Ultiweap » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:27 am

Yes it is well install. But that is not a big problem but I would like to know how can I go directly to the ACP Login page without having to log into the forum.

Lizzardis

Post by Lizzardis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:17 pm

Please may you help me. I have a theme switcher and i want the quick reply for each theme. However whenever i try and find the line

<!-- INCLUDE jumpbox.html -->
and the line

<!-- IF not postrow.U_POST_AUTHOR --><strong>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR_FULL}<!-- ENDIF -->
In my other styles it can not find it so i can not continue with the mod.

Please help me. My styles are TwilightBB, prosilver, SubSilver and Black pearl.

Please help.

rxu

Post by rxu » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:02 pm

Lizzardis
TwilightBB and Black pearl are subsilver2-based styles. So you should use /templates/subsilver2.xml installation instruction fpr them (as well as for subsilver2 itself).
For prosilver use the main installation instruction. All the strings to find should be there ;)

Lizzardis

Post by Lizzardis » Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:04 pm

rxu wrote:Lizzardis
TwilightBB and Black pearl are subsilver2-based styles. So you should use /templates/subsilver2.xml installation instruction fpr them (as well as for subsilver2 itself).
Thanks RXU. I will try them now.

*Edit* I do not understand the Subsilver.xml instructions. All i get when i drag it into firefox is:

http://opensource.org/licenses/gpl-license.php GNU General Public License v2
    Quick reply for phpBB3
    This mod adds quick post form at viewforum and quick reply form at viewtopic, fully customizable from ACP/UCP. Allows quick quoting of selected text and quick nick insertion at viewtopic.
    You can control quick post / quick reply forms from Administration panel/post settings. Users can control it from User control panel / Forum preferences / Edit display options.

rxu@sunlan.ru
        rxu
        http://phpbbguru.net

xpert@phpbbguru.net
        Xpert
        http://www.phpbbguru.net

easy

2007-04-28T00:00:00+08:00

a

Initial release

2007-05-01T00:00:00+08:00

b

General code optimization and bugs fixing. Quick reply for the prosilver style added.

2007-05-01T00:00:00+08:00

b

Installation optimized and installation instruction error fixed. ACP control added (look at the ACP/General/Post settings).

2007-05-03T00:00:00+08:00

b

Code and installation optimized. Installation instruction error fixed. Attachment box display error at prosilver fixed. Language files added. ACP control optimized. UCP control added (look at the UCP/Forum preferences/Edit display options).

2007-05-10T00:00:00+08:00

b

Mod repacked to MODX.

2007-05-12T00:00:00+08:00

b

Quick quote and put name to quick reply form code rewrited (switched to phpBB3 built-in code). Attach box and options' checkboxes display control added. Quick_reply.js files removed. Prosilver qiuck reply template rewrited.

2007-05-13T00:00:00+08:00

b

ACP control rewrited. Quick reply for guests (if applicable) added. Submit error at subsilver2 fixed. Minor bugs fixed.

2007-05-17T00:00:00+08:00

b

Quick post form at forum view added.

2007-05-30T00:00:00+08:00

b

Fixed "headers already sent" error in quick_reply.php appeared in some cases.

2007-06-03T00:00:00+08:00

Quote link placing changed. Newline after quick quoting and nickname insertion added. Topic/post icon switched off by default. Topic/post icon permissions error fixed. Post subject empty by default error fixed. Language variables moved from language/en/acp/board.php to language/en/acp/quick_reply.php

2007-07-02T00:00:00+08:00

Checkboxes settings when they're swicthed off added. Custom BBCodes displaying added. Notify status detection bug fixed. Minor code changes for phpBB3.0RC2 compliance.

2007-07-16T00:00:00+08:00

Mod administration code fully rewrited, now administrated with a separate module. Smilies/topic icons/attachbox/checkboxes displaying now can be switched separately. Installation script optimized.

2007-07-30T00:00:00+08:00

Quick reply administration module displaying bug fixed. Minor bug fixes. Minor installation instruction fix for phpBB3RC4 compliance.

2007-08-26T00:00:00+08:00

Minor changes for phpBB3RC5 compliance.

2007-10-16T00:00:00+08:00

Code changes for phpBB3RC7 compliance. Quick reply form will be displayed by default for new registered users.

2007-12-25T00:00:00+07:00

Unneeded displaying quick reply for quests bug fixed.

2008-01-26T00:00:00+07:00

ACP module incorrect installation bug fixed.

2008-02-09T00:00:00+07:00

MOD's repacked in according to updated phpBB3 MODification database policy. Minor code changes.

2008-03-10T00:00:00+07:00

Installation instruction xml code bugs are fixed. Minor code changes to conform to coding guidelines. Minor bugs fixes.

<!-- INCLUDE breadcrumbs.html -->
        <!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->

<b class="postauthor"<!-- IF postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR --> style="color: {postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR}"<!-- ENDIF -->>{postrow.POST_AUTHOR}</b>
        				<b class="postauthor"<!-- IF postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR --> style="color: {postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR}"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><a href="#postform" onclick="insert_text('[b]{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}[/b]\r\n'); return false;"<!-- IF postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR --> style="color: {postrow.POST_AUTHOR_COLOUR}"<!-- ENDIF -->><!-- ENDIF -->{postrow.POST_AUTHOR}<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --></a><!-- ENDIF --></b>

<!-- IF postrow.RANK_TITLE -->
				<tr>
					<td class="postdetails">{postrow.RANK_TITLE}</td>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
        			<!-- IF QUICK_REPLY -->
				<tr>
					<td class="postdetails"><a href="#postform" onclick="addquote({postrow.POST_ID},'{postrow.POSTER_QUOTE}'); insert_text('\r\n'); return false;" title="{L_QUOTE_TEXT}">{L_QUOTE}</a></td>
				</tr>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

<td class="gensmall" width="100%" align="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}" nowrap="nowrap"><!-- INCLUDE pagination.html --></td>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
	</tr>
	</table>
        <!-- IF QUICK_REPLY --><!-- INCLUDE quick_reply.html --><!-- ENDIF -->

<td class="row2"><input type="radio" class="radio" name="avatars" value="1"<!-- IF S_AVATARS --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" class="radio" name="avatars" value="0"<!-- IF not S_AVATARS --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
</tr>
        <!-- IF QUICK_REPLY -->
<tr>
	<td class="row1" width="50%"><b class="genmed">{L_QUICK_REPLY_DISPLAY}:</b></td>
	<td class="row2"><input type="radio" class="radio" name="quickreply" value="1"<!-- IF S_QUICKREPLY --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" class="radio" name="quickreply" value="0"<!-- IF not S_QUICKREPLY --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
</tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
<!-- IF QUICK_POST -->
<tr>
	<td class="row1" width="50%"><b class="genmed">{L_QUICK_POST_DISPLAY}:</b></td>
	<td class="row2"><input type="radio" class="radio" name="quickpost" value="1"<!-- IF S_QUICKPOST --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp; &nbsp;<input type="radio" class="radio" name="quickpost" value="0"<!-- IF not S_QUICKPOST --> checked="checked"<!-- ENDIF --> /><span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
</tr>
<!-- ENDIF -->
What the hell do i do?

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”