[2.0.7] Announces Suite

The cleanup is complete. This forum is now read only.

Rating:

Excellent!
44%
Very Good
26%
Good
11%
Fair
5%
Poor
14%

Total votes: 84

~Miker~

Post by ~Miker~ »

I tried re-editing the auth.php file three times but still the same error... wat do u mean by the fact that I forgot the SQL parts?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Check the mod install description, [SQL] part.
hexar

Post by hexar »

Is there any way to get the "right" version, now that your site is down? i really want this, but i keep getting the same error as that other guy, when i try..
(using easymod)
When installing this mod with EasyMOD on 2.0.6 I get :

"Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [admin/admin_forumauth.php] could not find:

// View Read Post
"

Plain board but with hierarchy categories and flags MODs installed
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You will have to wait the site comes up, or that the currently resubmitted version (since more than a month now :/ ) been updated here.
hexar

Post by hexar »

that's okay..

Btw, if you think your wite will be down for long, you can send me a PM and i'll be willing to upload the mod to my server temporarily :)

I've got a stable server, so it should be ok :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

I'd prefer not (to avoid too many packs to be foundable, and to be sure only lasts are), but thanks for the offer : the server is currently under maintenance, so it shouldn't be no more too long to come up.
hexar

Post by hexar »

Yea, okay. wel, i was talking temporarily, so i would take it down when your site was back up. but hey, if it's up again soon. nevermind :mrgreen: looking forward to it, this mod is JUST what i need to complete my new forum
oglsmm

Post by oglsmm »

Is there a php file to edit the data base autmatically or do i have to use phpmyadmin?

oglsmm
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

There isn't, and there will never be : those kind of tools are just too dangerous for board to include in a mod. You have to use phpmyadmin, and of course - but it is obvious - make a backup of your database (at least the tables modified, but the whole except search tables is better) before any modifications.
hexar

Post by hexar »

i now finaly got the working version, and i must say, it works like a charm! Good job, there's just one thing. i don't know if i've just overseen it, but is there an option that'll make me able to put the announcements OVER the sub-forums?, cus i need people to read the rules about the group of forums before moving onto some of the sub-forums..
Also, is it possible to make it show Stickys as well? It's not that important as rules could just as well be displayed as announcments, i just wanna know..

I've looked through all the things i could find, and it looks like these 2 things arn't avalible, or am i just blind?
If not, then is there a simple way to do it? (forget the sticky thing for a moment)

I mean.. To have the announcements displayed above the sub-forums and sub-folders.. Kinda like on the index page, where the announcement is all on the top. I want that in the sub forums & categorys too..

Help much apperciated
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Yep : just move the {BOARD_ANNOUNCES} wherever you want :). (viewforum_body.tpl)
hexar

Post by hexar »

Woah! Thanks a lot! That was EXACTLY what i needed to complete my forum! you're the greatest! :mrgreen:

About the stickys. IS there an easy way to make the stickies work the same way, i mean so they show up the same place as the announcements does?
If it's a longer process, don't bother. it's not that important. it could just be nice :)

Also, your hichery mod makes the icons on index & forum body page fixed again, meaning i have to change them yet again, cus my icons are bigger than the standard ones.. not that it bothers me, just wanted to tell you. As i normally remove width & height so i can quickly replace icons with bigger/smaller ones

Thanks again for some of the most usefull mods i've seen ever! :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

There is a way, but it goes a little too far to explain it there :). Whatever, you can use the split topic type mod to pull sticky in a box too, also it will remains above the other topics, but splitted from them.
hexar

Post by hexar »

yes. i know that, that's what i did.. but it only placed itself over the topics, not the sub-forums.. that was the problem in the first place. and then when i asked you, you tld me to try the announcement mod.. and now you're telling me to go back :mrgreen: hehe. nah, it's my own fault.. i'm not good at explaining things :)

But if i install the split mod, what should i do to make the sticky's be on the top of the sub-forums?.. Is it as easy as with the attachment mod, that there's some smart little line i need to copy?.. =)

To illustrate what i want better, just to make sure you understand fully..

on front index page:

header
-----------------------------
forums & subforums
-----------------------------
footer

On Art forum page:

Header
------------
Art-sticky's (stickys posted in the art forum)
------------
Sub forums (animations/illustations/music and so on)
------------
art forum topics
------------
Footer

On General forum page:

Header
------------
General-sticky's (stickys posted in the General forum)
------------
Sub forums (Politics/Religion/Computing and so on)
------------
General forum topics
------------
Footer

^^^^
That is a description of the forum i'm wanting.. is this possible to do with eather your split forum mod, or your announcement mod, without going into too much complicated stuff?
I mean, i'm not asking you to make your mods fit EXACTLY to my forum, at all, so if it's something that takes time, i'm sorry for asking. I was just thinking if there was a "simple" way to do this?

Hope i'm not getting on your nerves. i just suck at PHP scripting, but this forum means a lot to me :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

As stated, it is doable, it is a matter of calling the topic_list() func with the good array of topics (that's what is done with the board announcement ie), but you would have to split the current array of topics in two parts (one with announces and stickies, the other with the normal topics). If you can figure how to do this in viewforum, you will be able to set a template var as the {ANNOUNCES_BOX} one and fill it with the announces/stickies, and suiting the parms, split the both in boxes or with a separation line.

Return to “[2.0.x] MOD Database Cleanup”