Snitz to phpbb

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x convertors forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
cemalkaan

Post by cemalkaan »

Where is language records are writen for forum?
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

Are you sure you download the turkish language pack from http://phpbb.com/downloads.php and put it in your language directory? After this the language should appear in the panel.
cemalkaan

Post by cemalkaan »

Yes I am sure, My admin user can use turkish language but guests can use in english, I solved the problem...

I rename the lang_english directory to lang_e and copy lang_turkish as lang_english :)
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

Good. But it's strange it doesn't work in classical way :).
evepowr

Snitz 3.4 to Phpbb

Post by evepowr »

I have one of the newest snitz forum which has encrypted passwords. I want to move to phpbb due to its easy use fo rmembership management and other feature. I know people have been asking alot but exactly how would i go about doing this with my newer version of snitz. Since the passwords are encrypted do i just use the converter then have all my members reapply for new passwords via email? Im a tad baffled as to how im going to do this setup. If anyone knows of a program that can convert my passwords for users to i would very much appreciate that information.
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

You can't restore the original passwords because the function (probably a similar to md5sum function) is not reversable. But this is not a big problem. Just ask your members to use the password recovery function. After login they will be able to change their passwords to original ones. Why isn't this ok?
evepowr

Question

Post by evepowr »

Alright i have a access databse so i converted it. However when i convert it i should have multiple little files in my database then?

-Do i just take one large file or little files aka when i change my access to mysql file?

-Where should i put your files? In my phpbb directory then just run them through the webpage?

-Where should i put my snitz databse files in my database or in the same folder i put your files in?

-It just seems the gap from running your files and the mysql files with snitz seem a bit confusing to me.

-Just a few questions i need to be answerd i believe in order to get this all working.
evepowr

Another question

Post by evepowr »

How do i tell this information exactly for my snitz databse since i changed it to a sql item. It all uploaded to my current databse which is good but i need to set the config file and im not sure what to do.

// for snitz database
$server1 = "localhost";
$user1 = "root";
$password1 = "";
$db1 = "snitztest";
RalucaM

Re: Question

Post by RalucaM »

evepowr wrote: Alright i have a access databse so i converted it. However when i convert it i should have multiple little files in my database then?

You should convert entire snitz database in one .sql file and then transfer the date from this file into your mysql database using mysql commands (if you have ssh access) or an mysql administration interface (most popular is phpmyadmin). Before running the convertor you should have 2 mysql databases: one for snitz and one for phpbb forum (or one database with tables from both databases).
alpha10

Errors

Post by alpha10 »

I´ve read the entire thread about this converter, carefully following all instructions, but all I get is (for example: forums.php)

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in myserver on line 30
DONE
RalucaM

Re: Errors

Post by RalucaM »

alpha10 wrote: Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in myserver on line 30
DONE

If you got that error most probably you didn't provide the correct names of the tables... Are you sure you wrote the exact name (uppercase or lowercase, like in the snitz database)?
TX-Rahman

Post by TX-Rahman »

Will this convertor work on my Snitz portal to Phpnuke? I currently have around 500 users with almost 8000 posts...I want to move to phpnuke but don't want to lose all the messages and users...

Thanks!
TX-Rahman
http://www.txsquadron.com
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

TX-Rahman wrote: Will this convertor work on my Snitz portal to Phpnuke? I currently have around 500 users with almost 8000 posts...I want to move to phpnuke but don't want to lose all the messages and users...

The convertor wasn't design for Phpnuke :(. I didn't tested on it and I suppose there are some differences that make it unusable in this form. Anyway, I do think it can be adapted in some way to make it work on Phpnuke. I don't have time right now but anyone can take the sources and try to adapt it...
alpha10

Post by alpha10 »

@RalucaM

I wrote everything the same way as in the database - I´m using a Windows server, can that be it ?
RalucaM

Post by RalucaM »

It's possible the server to be the problem. But if phpbb forum works on it, than my scripts should work too. Can you check the config.php file from the convertor to contain the same server settings as in config.php from phpbb forum?

Return to “[2.0.x] Convertors”