[CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Converting from other board software? Good decision! Need help? Have a question about a convertor? Wish to offer a convertor package? Post here.
Ideas Centre
collectiques

Re: [CONVERT] Forumotion converter

Post by collectiques »

Hi
I've tried several times to get this to work as its just what I need right now - could someone please help.

I have a few queries if possible..as I'm getting a "member doesnt exists" error every time.
I've tried several combinations of edits but its not working for me..

Can you clarify please..
Prefix of your forum tables
table_prefix='phpbb_'
I don't know what this is as I didnt install the software as in its a free forum? It's phpBB3 at the moment???
What is your board called? This is Case Sensitive!
BOARDNAME=
is this the actual "sitename" of my forum or the name I registered with the free host?

sorry I'm new to all this - I'm sure these are basic questions I just wish it would work :)
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Table prefix is the prefix for the new phpBB3 forum, not for Forumotion.

BOARDNAME is the name of the Forumotion board -- it should be in the browser's title bar when you go to visit.
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
collectiques

Post by collectiques »

No I'm still getting the same "member 1 doesn't exist" error unfortunately - ?

Do I have to open the forums up to guest level for the crawler to see them? The forum is set to members only would that make a difference?
I must be missing something very simple I'm sure :oops:
collectiques

Post by collectiques »

sorry to double post - I have now got the converter to work - thank you :)

However now I have 2 problems - when I upload the 3 sql files to my phpmyadmin - the forum is fine and the data uploads ok - if I upload the topics and the categories sql files

however the members sql file seems to cause me a problem ..?
- knocks my portal out completely - gives me a
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

[0]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists
- secondly when I do get to the board index and use the new password it makes me a registered user and I can no longer access the ACP :oops: help....
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

- secondly when I do get to the board index and use the new password it makes me a registered user and I can no longer access the ACP
I encountered the same problem, i fixed it by modifying the permissions from phpmyadmin, copying permissions of another admin in another forum I'm installing in my localhost, and change user type to 3, try this ;)

but!
I have another problem:
the users are seperate from posts and topics!!
to explain more
in a certain post.. in author details written that he have 0 posts.. and even in his profile page the same 0 posts, but when clicking search user's post it gives me right result
and in board index all categories and forums contains 0 Posts 0 replies
but when click on a forum you find all topics right on their places :)

btw good fixing members e-mails ..keep going :)
collectiques

Post by collectiques »

Om Ahmed wrote:
- secondly when I do get to the board index and use the new password it makes me a registered user and I can no longer access the ACP
I encountered the same problem, i fixed it by modifying the permissions from phpmyadmin, copying permissions of another admin in another forum I'm installing in my localhost, and change user type to 3, try this ;)

but!
I have another problem:
the users are seperate from posts and topics!!
to explain more
in a certain post.. in author details written that he have 0 posts.. and even in his profile page the same 0 posts, but when clicking search user's post it gives me right result
and in board index all categories and forums contains 0 Posts 0 replies
but when click on a forum you find all topics right on their places :)

btw good fixing members e-mails ..keep going :)
I was just coming back to write that I'd discovered that I needed to add a 3 for admin...lol
Re the posts as I've been mucking around with the forum I've discovered that the numbers seem to come right if you move the topics that were sticky...or add a post to the forum - its something like that because as I've been adding the numbers are coming back right again on the forum index .. ;)

and to the mod author - thank you so much your converter really is quite brilliant :D
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

I've discovered that the numbers seem to come right if you move the topics that were sticky...or add a post to the forum -
I tried this and everything is alright now :)
I also resync. forums from ACP
the only wrong thing is the users join date
all of them joined the forum on 1/1/1970, 00:00 :mrgreen:
nneonneo

Post by nneonneo »

Om Ahmed, were you using version 0.2.8, and did it give any warnings or errors during member conversion?
Need a conversion from another forum, but they won't give you the database? Try a crawler converter. If your converter isn't listed, feel free to post in that thread to ask for one.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

yes it kept telling me with every user that there are unknown fields, I suppose they are registeration date and birth date,rank and gender
collectiques

Post by collectiques »

nneonneo I've now got everything converted and that aspect seems to be running fine :D

can you tell me though I had a hitch with the members_phpBB3 admin settings so I set them to (2,3,1) ...is that right? It's just I have flashchat installed as well and now can't get into my flashchat admin panel -so wondered if I'd set the members_phpBB3 wrong? what should the setting be?
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

congratulations collectiques, tell me have you got the same problem of registeration date?
collectiques

Post by collectiques »

Om Ahmed wrote:congratulations collectiques, tell me have you got the same problem of registeration date?
no my registration dates are all fine - I used the latest version from nneonneo's site so perhaps give that a try?

can I ask what you changed your admin levels to? ... I've tried (1,3,1) and (1,3,2) and I can't get recognised as admin in flashchat (another mod) - and then again perhaps it has nothing to do with the converter ... :shock:
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

nneonneo website doesn't seem working right now or?? :?

what do you mean by 1,3,2??
you mean user id is 1??\as far as I know user id 1 always refers to anonymous and user id 2 is the admin!
or what do u mean exactly?
collectiques

Post by collectiques »

Om Ahmed wrote:nneonneo website doesn't seem working right now or?? :?

what do you mean by 1,3,2??
you mean user id is 1??\as far as I know user id 1 always refers to anonymous and user id 2 is the admin!
or what do u mean exactly?
oh sorry typo I meant I've tried (2,3,1) and (2,3,2) and everything is working great except a chat mod called flashchat ... maybe its unrelated (what values did you use for admin?)
Last edited by collectiques on Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Om Ahmed

Post by Om Ahmed »

with these user_permissions

Code: Select all

zik0zjzik0zjzik0xs

zik0zi000000
zik0zi000000

zik0zi000000

zik0zi000000

zik0zi000000

zik0zi000000