[RC] RPG Fields 1.0.5

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Dr DLP

[RC] RPG Fields 1.0.5

Post by Dr DLP »

###############################################
## MOD Title: RPG Fields
## MOD Author: Dr DLP < uck@wanadoo.fr > (Malicious Rabbit) http://www.lapin-malin.com/
## MOD Description: This mod adds 4 rpg fields : classe , element , race and alignmenet
## You can choose to display or not these fields using the ACP , and edit , delete or add them .
##
## MOD Version: 1.0.5
##
## Installation Level: Intermediate
## Installation Time: 20 Minutes ( 1 minute with easymod )
## Files To Edit ( 11 ) :
## viewtopic.php
## admin/admin_users.php
## includes/constants.php
## includes/usercp_register.php
## includes/usercp_viewprofile.php
## language/lang_english/lang_admin.php
## language/lang_english/lang_main.php
## templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl
## templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl
## templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
## templates/subSilver/admin/user_edit_body.tpl
##
## Included Files ( 33 ) :
## admin_rpg_fields.php
## db_update_english.php ( only required for the installation )
## rpg_fields_edit_body.tpl
## rpg_list_edit_body.tpl
## images/rpg_fields/*.*
##
##
###############################################

This mod adds four RPG fields to your forum :
- Classe
- Element
- Race
- Alignment

Each of these fields will be displayed into the topics and the profile ( text into the topic and images into the profile )
Users can choose their the classe , element ... they want from your profile page and during the
inscription .

All of the fields can be edited using the ACP : you can choose the ones you want to use on your board ( and
so the one your users can choose and display ) . You can also add new types for each field , but also edit existing
ones .
Some default types are included into the zip ( sorry for the images ... I'm not a designer . And thanks for the one who helped me
finding them or made them ) .
Thanks also to all the great members of eric.best-1.biz for testing and always providing good ideas !

Installation :
- This mod can be installed with Nuttzy Easy Mod
- You have to run the automatic file installer to execute the SQL requests : be sure to use
the one of your language ( db_update_english.php ) and to execute it after the modifications of the files

Download

Logs :
  • Update 1.0.4 -> 1.0.5
    - Improved the mod template
  • Update 1.0.3 -> 1.0.4
    - FIX : error when users modify their profile when some fields are deactived .
    Many thanks to gopunkyourself for this fix !
  • Update 1.0.2 -> 1.0.3
    - Add : admin can define an utilisation level for the fields , i.e. he can decide some fields will be admin or mod only .
  • Update 1.0.1 -> 1.0.2
    - Fix : users can now edit their profile properly
    - Add : admin can choose the fields of the users using the users management
  • Update 1.0.0 -> 1.0.1
    - Each field is now on their own page into the ACP , in order to easy their management with huge valors into the field
    - You can now choose the way the field are displayed in topics or profile using the ACP : if you want , you can for instance display like text classe and element , and like image the race and alignement into the profile . You can do the same for profile .
Last edited by Dr DLP on Sun May 02, 2004 9:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
thewizard

Post by thewizard »

absolutely great mod i love it good job
Kin Kelvin

Post by Kin Kelvin »

Sounds good try it alter when im home. let you knwow hat i think then.
Kin Kelvin

Post by Kin Kelvin »

Code: Select all

SET " . $username_sql . $passwd_sql . "user_email = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $email) ."', user_icq = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $icq) . "', user_website = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $website) . "', user_occ = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $occupation) . "', user_from = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $location) . "', user_interests = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $interests) . "', user_sig = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $signature) . "', user_sig_bbcode_uid = '$signature_bbcode_uid', user_viewemail = $viewemail, user_aim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", str_replace(' ', '+', $aim)) . "', user_yim = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $yim) . "', user_msnm = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $msn) . "', user_attachsig = $attachsig, user_allowsmile = $allowsmilies, user_allowhtml = $allowhtml, user_allowbbcode = $allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline = $allowviewonline, user_notify = $notifyreply, user_notify_pm = $notifypm, user_popup_pm = $popup_pm, user_timezone = $user_timezone, user_dateformat = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_dateformat) . "', user_lang = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_lang) . "', user_style = $user_style, user_active = $user_active, user_actkey = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $user_actkey) . "'" . $avatar_sql, user_element = $element , user_klass = $klass, user_race = $race, user_alignment = $alignment . "
Error:

Parse error: parse error in /home/sector-s/public_html/forums/includes/usercp_register.php on line 455
I get an error from this o.O
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

$avatar_sql, user_element = $element , user_klass = $klass, user_race = $race, user_alignment = $alignment . "
should be

$avatar_sql . ", user_element = $element , user_klass = $klass, user_race = $race, user_alignment = $alignment
squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

hi there. I need some help here. ok when you go to veiw the persons profile it shows images of the type of classe character you have the element, and etc. anyway when you go to a post and see what someone post it doesnt show the images it only shows it in text like this

classe:archer
element:wind
race:human
alignment:good

I wanna know if anyone can help me here and make it so it wont show the classe and all that in text I want it to show it in images like it does in the persons profile.
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

Did you have a look at the admin panel ?
You can choose the type of view ( text/images ) for profile and topics .
squalls_dreams

Post by squalls_dreams »

lmfao hahahahahahaha sheesh..man I am so dumb..I guess I should look at everything on the mod before I try figuring it out myself huh? lol thanks for the help :)
MaDD

Post by MaDD »

How can I add, say Level for instance to this? I dont want to add one of the default, Element, Race, or what not... Just want to add an additional field...
Last edited by MaDD on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

EasyMod never performs the SQL requests .
Do them at hand .
MaDD

Post by MaDD »

Done :o) I got it to work right after I posted finially... so I edited my above post...

Sorry...

See my edited post above.... new question... I'm trying to figure it out now...
chris2good

hmmm

Post by chris2good »

the download dont work... international error or something?
help me plz!
kintaniya

Post by kintaniya »

You can download it in phpbbhacks.com , here is the url:
http://www.phpbbhacks.com/viewhack.php?id=2094
good luck !
The Legend Will Never Die... & ...LeM0nS rULeS mY w0rRLd.
<div align="center">Image</div>
busterblader103

Post by busterblader103 »

I installed the mod, and got it perfect, I thought, well.

Everything works out fine, except when someone tries to register.

After clicking submit after registering, you get this:

Could not insert data into users table 

DEBUG MODE 

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' user_element , user_klass, user_race, user_alignment, user_lev 

INSERT INTO phpbb_users (user_id, username, user_regdate, user_password, user_email, user_icq, user_website, user_occ, user_from, user_interests, user_sig, user_sig_bbcode_uid, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_attachsig, user_allowsmile, user_allowhtml, user_allowbbcode, user_allow_viewonline, user_notify, user_notify_pm, user_popup_pm, user_timezone, user_dateformat, user_lang, user_style,, user_element , user_klass, user_race, user_alignment, user_level, user_allow_pm, user_active, user_actkey) VALUES (6, 'Bloooooo', 1086756213, '6e6a58414504fdb16f1ed8500af737c1', 'busterblader103@msn.com', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 0, 0, '', '', '', 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 0, 'D M d, Y g:i a', 'english', 2, '12' , '1', '25', '28', 0, 1, 1, '') 

Line : 535 
File : /home/virtual/site52/fst/var/www/html/jades/includes/usercp_register.php 

and line 535 in register.php is:

{ 
            $sql .= "1, '')"; 
         } 

if ( !($result = $db->sql_query($sql, BEGIN_TRANSACTION)) ) 
[b]         {[/b] 
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not insert data into users table', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql); 
         } 

bolded line is 535.. please help!!!
Dr DLP

Post by Dr DLP »

user_style,, user_element
Remove a comma after user_style .

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”