Paypal Dotation Button Placement

For support and discussion related to templates, themes, and imagesets in phpBB 3.0.
Get Involved
stewaia

Paypal Dotation Button Placement

Post by stewaia »

Hello,

I am trying to place a paypal donation button on my overall_header and am having trouble getting it to work. I also need it to let the printer friendly icon to go to its correct place when looking at individual topics..

I would like to place it here:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thank you in advance!
-Alex
The Stock Talk.net - Stock Picks, Analysis, and Discussion

"The eyes are the groin of the head." -Dwight Schrute
stewaia

Re: Paypal Dotation Button Placement

Post by stewaia »

Just to follow up for anyone looking to do this for their site..

I added the button with a caption to my index and it looked like this:

To do this I copied the html from paypal and created a new text file that I named paypal_button.html then went to the index_body.html and placed this code in there:

Code: Select all

<!-- INCLUDE paypal_button.html -->
&nbsp;
so it looks like this:

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

<p class="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> rightside<!-- ENDIF -->"><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ENDIF --></p>
<p>{CURRENT_TIME}</p>

&nbsp;

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->
I hope this helps and if you have any suggestions let me know!
-Alex

johnny810

Post by johnny810 »

hi. i'm a phpbb noobie. i just started workin on some forums for my gameserver, but i'd love to add that paypal button like you did on the forums too instead of just the main website. i've tried to look through my phpbb files over ftp, but i couldnt find index_body.html to edit and put in the code like in your example. can you let me know specifically where to find the file so i can try this out? thanks for your help, and the post/idea!
stewaia

Post by stewaia »

Well, I would edit your files through the ACP by going to your act and clicking on styles --> prosilver (whatever style you use) --> templates --> edit on the style you use..then there is a drop down list of all your template files that you can edit on the forum.

If you want it on every page you will have to edit your index_body.html as well as your viewtopic_body.html and viewforum_body.html

I would imagine you would put it in the same place in all of them but I'm not completely sure so let me know if you have troubles!
-Alex

Angel-girl

Post by Angel-girl »

How does one make a text file and where would one put it, directory-wise?
Follow me to Alphabet City
stewaia

Post by stewaia »

Angel-girl wrote:How does one make a text file and where would one put it, directory-wise?
Well I'm on a mac so I use TextEdit which comes on a mac..if you are on a pc just use notepad..when you save the file save it as an .html

As for where to put the file..Put it in your template folder for the style you are currently using..hope that helps!
-Alex

Angel-girl

Post by Angel-girl »

I think it does. Thanks :)
Follow me to Alphabet City
johnny810

Post by johnny810 »

stewaia wrote:Well, I would edit your files through the ACP by going to your act and clicking on styles --> prosilver (whatever style you use) --> templates --> edit on the style you use..then there is a drop down list of all your template files that you can edit on the forum.

If you want it on every page you will have to edit your index_body.html as well as your viewtopic_body.html and viewforum_body.html

I would imagine you would put it in the same place in all of them but I'm not completely sure so let me know if you have troubles!
hey man, thanks for your help.. i really appreciate it! it works great =)
stewaia

Post by stewaia »

Great News! I'm glad it's working for you!
-Alex

jtryptophan

Post by jtryptophan »

Hello. My index_body.html code looks different from yours. Where would you place the

&nbsp;
to make it look like yours. I tried 2 logical places but I just wound up with a bunch of code there and no button. Thanks!

<!-- INCLUDE overall_header.html -->

<p class="{S_CONTENT_FLOW_END}<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> rightside<!-- ENDIF -->"><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->{LAST_VISIT_DATE}<!-- ELSE -->{CURRENT_TIME}<!-- ENDIF --></p>

<!-- IF U_MCP --><p>{CURRENT_TIME} <br />[&nbsp;<a href="{U_MCP}">{L_MCP}</a>&nbsp;]</p><!-- ELSEIF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><p>{CURRENT_TIME}</p><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH or (S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT) -->
<ul class="linklist">
	<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH -->
		<li><a href="{U_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}">{L_SEARCH_UNANSWERED}</a><!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_NEW}">{L_SEARCH_NEW}</a><!-- ENDIF --> &bull; <a href="{U_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}">{L_SEARCH_ACTIVE_TOPICS}</a></li>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
</ul>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- INCLUDE forumlist_body.html -->

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and not S_IS_BOT -->
	<form method="post" action="{S_LOGIN_ACTION}" class="headerspace">
	<h3><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a>&nbsp; &bull; &nbsp;<a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></h3>
		<fieldset class="quick-login">
			<label for="username">{L_USERNAME}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="text" name="username" id="username" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_USERNAME}" />  
			<label for="password">{L_PASSWORD}:</label>&nbsp;<input type="password" name="password" id="password" size="10" class="inputbox" title="{L_PASSWORD}" />
			<!-- IF S_AUTOLOGIN_ENABLED -->
				| <label for="autologin">{L_LOG_ME_IN} <input type="checkbox" name="autologin" id="autologin" /></label>
			<!-- ENDIF -->
			<input type="submit" name="login" value="{L_LOGIN}" class="button2" />
		</fieldset>
	</form>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_ONLINE_LIST -->
	<!-- IF U_VIEWONLINE --><h3><a href="{U_VIEWONLINE}">{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</a></h3><!-- ELSE --><h3>{L_WHO_IS_ONLINE}</h3><!-- ENDIF -->
	<p>{TOTAL_USERS_ONLINE} ({L_ONLINE_EXPLAIN})<br />{RECORD_USERS}<br /> <br />{LOGGED_IN_USER_LIST}
	<!-- IF LEGEND --><br /><em>{L_LEGEND}: {LEGEND}</em><!-- ENDIF --></p>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_BIRTHDAY_LIST and BIRTHDAY_LIST -->
	<h3>{L_BIRTHDAYS}</h3>
	<p><!-- IF BIRTHDAY_LIST -->{L_CONGRATULATIONS}: <strong>{BIRTHDAY_LIST}</strong><!-- ELSE -->{L_NO_BIRTHDAYS}<!-- ENDIF --></p>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF NEWEST_USER -->
	<h3>{L_STATISTICS}</h3>
	<p>{TOTAL_POSTS} &bull; {TOTAL_TOPICS} &bull; {TOTAL_USERS} &bull; {NEWEST_USER}</p>
<!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- INCLUDE overall_footer.html -->
Sylwia

Post by Sylwia »

If anyone's insterested I used the above clues to add the PayPal button to the navigation bar - after the "Change font size" icon.

Create PayPal html document, by pasting the code from PayPal service to notepad. Name it paypal_button.html Upload the document to styles/prosilver/template.

Open overall_header.html in styles/prosilver/template
Find:

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" class="fontsize" 
title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>
Add before:

<li class="rightside"><!-- INCLUDE paypal_button.html --></li>
Upload the document back to styles/prosilver/template. Refresh template cache in ACP. Refresh the site in your browser.

Thanks to Stewaia for the heads up!
prototech
Former Team Member

Post by prototech »

You can simply add the code within paypal_button.html to overall_header.html since it's not much. :)
Need help with MOD/style installations or other phpBB problems? Contact me for a quote.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles Support & Discussion”