Auto Groups

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Locked
User avatar
PinoyEngine™
Registered User
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:12 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by PinoyEngine™ »

Hello A_Jelly_Doughnut!
I just want to congratulate you to a very useful and well coded MOD! :lol:

Well, I am just confused on the optimizing of this mod :shock: . Actually I already knew how to manage this it just came it is already 7 months ago. :mrgreen: And trying to work this on localhost. Which is a big problem for a non-techie like me. :lol:

Ok, the automatic landing spot for those who registered my forum will be:
Registered Members :D
Then, I want those registered members to upgrade to a better members : The Slightly Upgraded Members (sounds troublemaker eh? :D )
The requirements are:
They should be members for at least 7 days!
The should post at least 14 posts!

So, I entered:
Maximum days of membership : 7
Maximum days of membership : 14
Minimum post count : 14
Maximum post count : 25
Minimum warnings points : 0
Maximum warning points : 0
Make default automatically: CHECK!
Then, those SLIGHTLY UPGRADED MEMBERS, will be upgraded to more permitted members : THE BETTER THAN SLIGHTLY UPGRADED MEMBERS! :ugeek: And this group will be the highest form of upgrading group. So they won't upgrade to any kind of group anymore. :roll:
They should be members for at least 14 days!
The should post at least 25 posts!

And then I configured it with:

Minimum days of membership : 25
Maximum days of membership : 0
Minimum post count : 25
Maximum post count : 0
Minimum warnings points : 0
Maximum warning points : 0
Make default automatically : CHECK!
Please tell me if my configured options are correct to what I am wanting.

I am looking forward for your reply. And again thank you! GodBless and more power.
tornado_mtb
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by tornado_mtb »

Angry_Sun wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote: IIRC, the user is never removed from a phpBB default group, they are just added to the new group. They can still have their regular "default" group. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last.
Exactly, we need an "Exceptions" list, so the users default group [admin], stays admin, and their name stays the admin color [red]. Get what I'm saying?
If you did NOT check "default auto group" in ACP. when this mod do ,it just add into more group,
and the user default group[admin]. stay admin. their name stays the admin color [red].

Am I understand correct? I try , it is correct.
Angry_sun, what is your problem? please check and confirm.
Angry_Sun
Registered User
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:17 am
Location: Dry Dry Desert
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Angry_Sun »

tornado_mtb wrote:
Angry_Sun wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote: IIRC, the user is never removed from a phpBB default group, they are just added to the new group. They can still have their regular "default" group. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last.
Exactly, we need an "Exceptions" list, so the users default group [admin], stays admin, and their name stays the admin color [red]. Get what I'm saying?
If you did NOT check "default auto group" in ACP. when this mod do ,it just add into more group,
and the user default group[admin]. stay admin. their name stays the admin color [red].

Am I understand correct? I try , it is correct.
Angry_sun, what is your problem? please check and confirm.
Yea but then that goes for the rest of the users too, they won't change default group either. Don't worry, Jelly is on it ;)
zakariuos
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 11:49 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by zakariuos »

Great MOD thank you , i will try to install it now .
seducerx
Registered User
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 7:00 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by seducerx »

Angry_Sun wrote:
tornado_mtb wrote:
Angry_Sun wrote:
RMcGirr83 wrote: IIRC, the user is never removed from a phpBB default group, they are just added to the new group. They can still have their regular "default" group. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, nor will it be the last.
Exactly, we need an "Exceptions" list, so the users default group [admin], stays admin, and their name stays the admin color [red]. Get what I'm saying?
If you did NOT check "default auto group" in ACP. when this mod do ,it just add into more group,
and the user default group[admin]. stay admin. their name stays the admin color [red].

Am I understand correct? I try , it is correct.
Angry_sun, what is your problem? please check and confirm.
Yea but then that goes for the rest of the users too, they won't change default group either. Don't worry, Jelly is on it ;)
These posts are funny, not in a mocking kind of way. Respect.

Anyways, I've been following this thread for the longest time, and I really want to install this mod on my own forums. However, I have the same problem as Angry_Sun, and from the looks of it, unfortunately, this is a big problem for me. I hope Jelly would get a solution for this anytime SOON. And i want to thank him in advance for that solution, I know it is possible (I am in no way a web developer nor a computer programmer, just somebody learning to run a forum). I will install this as soon as Jelly figures out a way to make an exceptions list.
Wanna get the woman that you want?

Join us at www.attraxionarts.com
fraherg
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by fraherg »

hi, this is a great mod and one that will really help my forum, is there a tutorial at all to say how to install? i am pretty new to SQL etc, i have looked but didnt see one, and have downloaded the file and there is not one within there
cheers
tornado_mtb
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by tornado_mtb »

fraherg wrote:hi, this is a great mod and one that will really help my forum, is there a tutorial at all to say how to install? i am pretty new to SQL etc, i have looked but didnt see one, and have downloaded the file and there is not one within there
cheers
check this link http://www.phpbb.com/mods/installing/
fraherg
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by fraherg »

hi
cheers for the reply mate
tornado_mtb
Registered User
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:35 pm

Re: Auto Groups

Post by tornado_mtb »

:D
Last edited by tornado_mtb on Wed May 27, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Stitch625
Registered User
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Stitch625 »

Question:

Is there a way that if I place a user into a certain group manually that I can make it stick without the auto group mod moving that user back when they log in? I have tried doing this but the auto groups mod keeps throwing them back into the prev group due to the settings. Is there a way to override the mod?

The reason I am asking is because I want to use HOL Donation mod where if a user donates he/she will get placed into special usergroup but I am afraid that the Auto Groups mod will remove that user and place them into the group that thier post count fall on.
Angry_Sun
Registered User
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:17 am
Location: Dry Dry Desert
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Angry_Sun »

Stitch625 wrote:Question:

Is there a way that if I place a user into a certain group manually that I can make it stick without the auto group mod moving that user back when they log in? I have tried doing this but the auto groups mod keeps throwing them back into the prev group due to the settings. Is there a way to override the mod?

The reason I am asking is because I want to use HOL Donation mod where if a user donates he/she will get placed into special usergroup but I am afraid that the Auto Groups mod will remove that user and place them into the group that thier post count fall on.
That is what Jelly is working on. Read my post above, a few people requested this also. Just wait for Jelly Donut ;)
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Posts: 21902
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: Auto Groups

Post by RMcGirr83 »

/me waits patiently for a

Image
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
User avatar
spacefish
Registered User
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:48 am

Re: Auto Groups

Post by spacefish »

Stitch625 wrote:The reason I am asking is because I want to use HOL Donation mod where if a user donates he/she will get placed into special usergroup but I am afraid that the Auto Groups mod will remove that user and place them into the group that thier post count fall on.
Could they not belong to the 2 groups?

We have many groups set up and most people belong to multiple groups. The members who're added manually to a user defined or pre-defined group (not an autogroup group) still stay in that group (with their colours) even if their membership to other groups is determined by the autogroup mod.

The only conflict we've had is with the "Default" setting of a group (which determines colour) but that was short lived. And don't forget what Jelly said about the exemption list and adding/removal from groups:
A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote:And the exemption list I have in mind would only affect the "default group" setting, not the actual addition to and removal from groups.
User avatar
Stitch625
Registered User
Posts: 683
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:38 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Stitch625 »

spacefish wrote:Could they not belong to the 2 groups?
We have many groups set up and most people belong to multiple groups. The members who're added manually to a user defined or pre-defined group (not an autogroup group) still stay in that group (with their colours) even if their membership to other groups is determined by the autogroup mod.
Oh yea I know this but the way I have my forums set up is that the auto groups are made default so then yes their color would change unless I didn't make any groups default but I don't want to go that route.

I am waiting for Jelly's update. ;)
Angry_Sun
Registered User
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:17 am
Location: Dry Dry Desert
Contact:

Re: Auto Groups

Post by Angry_Sun »

Stitch625 wrote:
spacefish wrote:Could they not belong to the 2 groups?
We have many groups set up and most people belong to multiple groups. The members who're added manually to a user defined or pre-defined group (not an autogroup group) still stay in that group (with their colours) even if their membership to other groups is determined by the autogroup mod.
Oh yea I know this but the way I have my forums set up is that the auto groups are made default so then yes their color would change unless I didn't make any groups default but I don't want to go that route.

I am waiting for Jelly's update. ;)
Aren't we all ;)
Locked

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”