[BETA] phpBB Passport 0.2.2 (NOW OUT!)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

Thank you everyone for your words of encouragement here.

We need to rethink many parts of our coding, and maybe one day be as is again.
fleccy

Post by fleccy »

i uninstalled it but

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/phphost4/public_html/feeta/includes/functions.php on line 951

im still getting that wierd error any ideas?
danb00

Post by danb00 »

that mod dont edit functions.php
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
DarkPepe

Post by DarkPepe »

that error comes with index_body.tpl and db.php
danb00

Post by danb00 »

well use your backup's

you DO have backups dont you?
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
fleccy

Post by fleccy »

whoops lol yeah i accidentaly left a line in there stupid txt search thanks alot :)

i dont have backups because i started on the forum today and couldnt be bothered backing it up :P
WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

fleccy wrote: whoops lol yeah i accidentaly left a line in there stupid txt search thanks alot :)

i dont have backups because i started on the forum today and couldnt be bothered backing it up :P

Hi,

You should no longer get any errors. The Passport will not work though and say your username and password is incorrect as we have transferred all details to a new database and password. None of your forums are under any threat, even if you keep it (Which is no use until we have released a new one) nothing will seem different, and your forum can not be affected.

I have decided that ZEND is the best way to encrypt this information and recommends no one buys CodeLock. However I want to try 1 last thing with codelock and want to know if anyone is willing to decrypt a file with this new encryption method before moving onto ZEND.

Thankyou for your time and effort, and support we have been given. Can I just mention that this was a BETA and shouldn't of been installed on a "Live" forum as the forum recommends.

I am sorry for any inconvenience caused and hope to have it ready soon.

Regards,

James Parmee Morris
fleccy

Post by fleccy »

Arty
Former Team Member
Name: Vjacheslav Trushkin

Post by Arty »

WebspaceUK wrote: I have decided that ZEND is the best way to encrypt this information and recommends no one buys CodeLock. However I want to try 1 last thing with codelock and want to know if anyone is willing to decrypt a file with this new encryption method before moving onto ZEND.

Its not about encryption - its about your algorythm. You have no authentication system at all. Everyone can access your database and if not edit then at least get all data from it.

You should create normal algorythm and then you won't need to encode code at all. Otherwise your project is doomed.
Vjacheslav Trushkin / Arty.
Free phpBB 3.1 styles | New project: Iconify - modern SVG framework
psoTFX
Former Team Member

Post by psoTFX »

Indeed, no one should access your DB directly at all, think XML, RPC and/or SOAP. Equally since you're storing third party data you should ensure proper methods and systems are in place to secure said information. Even if it were compromised it should not be possible without extraordinary effort to decrypt that info. That doesn't mean using a non-encrypting algorithm a few times ;) It means using an industry standard encryption methodology.
WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

CyberAlien wrote:
WebspaceUK wrote:I have decided that ZEND is the best way to encrypt this information and recommends no one buys CodeLock. However I want to try 1 last thing with codelock and want to know if anyone is willing to decrypt a file with this new encryption method before moving onto ZEND.

Its not about encryption - its about your algorythm. You have no authentication system at all. Everyone can access your database and if not edit then at least get all data from it.

You should create normal algorythm and then you won't need to encode code at all. Otherwise your project is doomed.

Thankyou for your advice,

Even though the system is not available to download at the moment we still would like some advice (Like above) and anything else which you think we should work on.

We have got in contact with Zend.

Ive been thinking about giving out the script manually and restricting it to a domain, and create and expiry so people are forced to update. Your thoughts about this (Its in the ZEND program itself this feature).

Thankyou again for your advice,

James Parmee Morris
vze3k59w

Post by vze3k59w »

Google makes SOAP the only way anyone can use their API. You could use SOAP w/ PEAR (pear has a soap to php thingy) or nusoap (function lib to use soap on php)...
Wanna join a very advanced OO based modular port of phpBB? PM me :)
WebspaceUK

Post by WebspaceUK »

vze3k59w wrote: Google makes SOAP the only way anyone can use their API. You could use SOAP w/ PEAR (pear has a soap to php thingy) or nusoap (function lib to use soap on php)...

Thanks for that,

I am currently looking into SOAP, XML, and PEAR right now. I am hoping the BETA version 2.0.0 will be ready soon, once we have rethought our regulations.

Please keep the idea's and suggestions coming :)

James Parmee Morris
vze3k59w

Post by vze3k59w »

Hmmm, well you have a very nice idea of what to do, the only problem I can that I have not seen stated are that of server load. SOAP is a very not fun but the proper way to do it ;) With this, you should be able to minimize things like attack. Also, using this kind of system would enable you to limit the number of queries, that could be done to stop your server from blowing up ;)
Wanna join a very advanced OO based modular port of phpBB? PM me :)
fleccy

Post by fleccy »

i wish you guys the best on your project and hope to be installing this amazing mod again soon :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”