Change User's Post Count

All new MODs released in our MOD Database will be announced in here. All support for released MODs needs to take place in the Customisations Database.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

NOTICE: This forum is only for the announcement of new releases and/or updates of MODs. Any MOD support should be obtained through the Customisations Database in the support area designated for each MOD.

A direct link to support for each MOD is in the first post of the respective topic.
Dakota1337

Re: Change User's Post Count

Post by Dakota1337 »

Works awesomely, though with install upon 3.0.4 you need to do as the person stated above, it doesn't display this line:

Code: Select all

<dt><label>{L_POSTS}:</label></dt>
	<dd><strong>{USER_POSTS}</strong></dd>
It displays the larger one with MCP or whatever, so you'll swap all that with the replace code.

Also, You may need to update:

{L_POSTS} to Posts: or just: Posts
Because if not is displays as: {POSTS} on your edit area and on the forum.

Also with the Portal MOD it displays: {POSTS} instead of Posts: so it doesn't look that good, so go to your portal area:

styles/yourtheme/template/portal/blocks/top_posters (or something close) and find: {L_POSTS} or whatever, and make it: Posts:

Here is a demo:
knight.rider69

Post by knight.rider69 »

after installing the mod and changing the post counts
if i uninstall the mod, what will happen?
will the default post of user going to show up
or as it changed by the mod?

please tell me
thanks in advance :D
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

The post count changes the info in the database and it stays that way until it is manually changed or more posts added
Lisbon

Post by Lisbon »

Whit this mod can we disable certain members or groups to a increase your post count in certainn foruns (private)??

Tks
crazymummy

Post by crazymummy »

Great feature, just what I was looking for, easy to install too, usually I don't have a clue :D
DragonMaster1
Name: Terry

Post by DragonMaster1 »

Lisbon wrote:Whit this mod can we disable certain members or groups to a increase your post count in certainn foruns (private)??

Tks
No
spacefish

Post by spacefish »

joedel263 wrote:I don't know if it's something I did or just a typo, but on the feedback page it reads:
Changed post count
» from “username” to “oldpostcountvalue”
instead of showing old and new value..

I fixed this by changing this line in language/en/acp/common.php

'LOG_USER_UPDATE_POSTCOUNT'	=> '<strong>Changed post count</strong><br />» from “%1$s” to “%2$s”',
to

'LOG_USER_UPDATE_POSTCOUNT'	=> '<strong>Changed post count</strong><br />» from “%2$s” to “%3$s”',
Thanks much for this mod!
Thanks - that made a difference! :)
AYBG

Post by AYBG »

Argh getting this appearing at the top of my forum after installing this mod

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /language/en/common.php:1)

and the text is bigger than normal.

Went through the installation again and found that I had made some errors (when the instructions said to paste the new code before the quoted code, I had accidentally pasted it after), but I've gone through it all and corrected it. Can anyone help me?
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!
AYBG

Post by AYBG »

Nvm - I had been editing in Notepad. Notepad++ or equivalent is needed for the first two. Also, purging the cache solved the next problem. Mod working great :)
UK users: visit my forum for free tickets to film previews near you, as well as film chat!
AYBG

Post by AYBG »

Well, almost...I can change people's post count fine but it's not changing the whole forum's post count with it. So quite a lot of people's profiles say that they have posted 100.00% of all posts.

Anyone else have this problem? I edited the first two files in Notepad++ but the rest in Notepad. Is that the reason? Anyone know the file(s) I need to re-edit?
AYBG

Post by AYBG »

Bah! I give up - I've just realised that it kinda screws with your statistics... posts per day is number of posts divided by days since registration, but since I only registered yesterday it thinks I've posted over 4000 times in one day (I was trying to restore everyone's post counts from our last board).

So to get that accurate you'd not only need to change the board's start date, but you'd also need to go through every single user, changing their registration date.

So obviously the choice is between editing people's post counts or having accurate statistics.

Edit: an excellent idea from one of my members is to create a custom profile field where you can put your total number of posts from the last board... if you're in a similar position as me I'd recommend it!
Tony Barzini

Post by Tony Barzini »

does this work with 3.0.5? I'm having some problems but it may be I messed up, anyone else tried it?
Tony Barzini

Post by Tony Barzini »

I went through it all and it is all exactly like it is supposed to be, but I still cant change anyones post counts :(
nani_nisha06

Post by nani_nisha06 »

iam working on the phpbb 3.0.5 verstion .......after installing all the thing its doesnt showing any enhancement.......pls help regarding 3.0.5 verstion
Tony Barzini

Post by Tony Barzini »

I totally got it working and it rocks, thanks!! :D :D

To get it working you need to purge the cache, go to your administration control panel -> General, then scroll down till you see "purge the cache | [Run now] " once you do that you can do it :)

Return to “[3.0.x] MOD Database Releases”