dead users in this site

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: dead users in this site

Post by KevC »

therandomguyuser53 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:01 am what i mean is which of the users are actually dead eg. last online 2005 where people was joined 2004 then last online 2005
Let me get this straight. You want someone on here to tell you which people on our memberlist of 400,000+ are actually dead?
Why?
And how do you think we could even do that? Is someone going to make a final post saying by the way this is the last post I make because tomorrow I'll be 6 feet under?
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

AmigoJack wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:02 am Do brain dead users count?
:lol: :D
therandomguyuser53

Post by therandomguyuser53 »

i edited it so what i mean
is is there a user that is inactive forever?
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

therandomguyuser53 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:12 am i edited it so what i mean
is is there a user that is inactive forever?
Of course, there are always users who don't confirm registration, on purpose or just forget to, ... or the confirmation mail doesn't arrive.
therandomguyuser53 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:51 am ...
edit: what i am meaning is a inactive accounts that will never be online forever
An inactive account can also be an account that hasn't been online (logged in) for a period defined by the founder (or anyone with the required permissions). The moment it logs in it's not an inactive account anymore.

What's the point of the question (if any)?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You only have to look at the memberlist and click the 'last active' column title.

Every site has people that either registered and never bothered to activate or found what they wanted and never came back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

KevC wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:04 amthe 'last active' column
As per the template and /memberlist.php this column is only available to those having the u_viewonline permission. Either I don't have it (although being able to view /viewonline.php) or phpbb.com runs a slightly modified installation.
therandomguyuser53 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:12 amis there a user that is inactive forever?
Up until now? Sure. Also "forever" in the future? Nobody can say that.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

AmigoJack wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:48 pm As per the template and /memberlist.php this column is only available to those having the u_viewonline permission. Either I don't have it (although being able to view /viewonline.php) or phpbb.com runs a slightly modified installation.
The u_viewonline permission corresponds to "Can view hidden online users" which registered users of this board do not have access to. The ability to view viewonline derives from the "Can view profiles, memberlist and online list" permission, which registered users have access to. We don't run modified permission schemes here. ;)
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules
If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.

My little corner of the world | Administrator @ phpBB Modders

Return to “General Discussion”