[ABD] PBWoW RC4 for phpBB 3.0.6

For style authors to post and receive feedback on 3.0.x styles still in development. Any development styles you wish to use on your live board should be installed with caution!
Anti-Spam Guide
PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: [DEV] PBWoW RC2 for phpBB 3.0.5

Post by PayBas »

PBWoW RC2 for phpBB 3.0.5 released!

Just wanted to inform you all that PBWoW RC2 has been released for everyone (free as usual). You can find it in the usual place (http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=841). Good luck and have a nice summer (or winter for you guys down under :P).

Ciao,

PayBas
Mess
Name: Kim

Post by Mess »

It looks amazing, Paybas. And it installed perfectly via AutoMOD, all i had todo was copy the Styles to the style folder. And the installation folder to the mod folder and press install on the AutoMOD tab. I was prepared to do all the edits by hand but this worked beautifully, and much less risk of error on my part.

Is there anyone who can help me set this up so it works on a subforum level?
I was planning to use this on a multi game community website, so id rather this theme didnt show up for the other games. I can set it up easily, like i did for the other games. But I would very much like if the "Paybas main page" were where my World of Warcraft subforum is. Its a little hard to explain, maybe I can draw it easier.

Music [Theme A]
Games [Theme B]
-Warhammer Online [Theme C]
--General [Theme C]
--etc [Theme C]
--etc [Theme C]

-World of Warcraft [Paybas Theme, main forum index] Example/Paybas website
--General [Patbas Theme]
--etc [Paybas Theme]
--etc [Paybas Theme]

Did that make any sense?
adderus

Post by adderus »

PayBas I have been trying to reach you for some time now. My forum board which I have extensively searched your site, php sites, and even going over and over through the code trying to figure out what has caused my problem. I am having problems with the images not showing up or not showing up correctly. Sometimes the images on the board index will not show up(wow logo) and (lich king bg). Sometimes I can get part of them to show up but then I get a grey background going half through the images and completely ruins the look of it. Ive purged cache, cleared browser cache, and even refreshed theme. I have went as far as redownloading and reinstalling(PHP, SQL, and PHPBB) but to no avail same problems. Also have tried premodded RC1 files but it never worked at all. If you have any clue at all I would be very appreciative. My Site is http://atomicgarden.zapto.org/index.php
Mess

Post by Mess »

adderus, I found out that Paybas is on vacation the next few weeks. Try installing via AutoMOD, worked perfectly for me.
adderus

Post by adderus »

Yeah I tried but automod isnt recognizing the pbwow file as a mod. It wont even recognize it at all. Hey pm me ur msn or something cuz I cant send a pm to you. It would be much easier that way.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Hey Mess, sorry for the late reply. I usually do all the PBWoW support from my own website and don't visit here all that often.

Now then, it seems to me like you want to have a second index page nested inside a lower forum. To be honest, I wouldn't know where to start. I'm sure phpBB doesn't support that since you essentially want all index.php functionality to go inside the viewforum.php file. I don't think there is any way to do this. I have done some searching for you to find a mod that works as a "secondary/additional/nested index page" but came up blank.

Here are a few options:
  • Make your "World of Warcraft [Paybas Theme, main forum index]" into a category forum and turn off "Enable active topics"
    It will then probably look something like this: http://pbwow.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24 which looks somewhat like the index page. You could then modify the viewforum_body.html template to display a different header (like the index) in the case of no active topics (or whatever it's called). Essentially turning a viewforum.php that doesn't have any topics (only subforums) anyway into a index.php
    It will not have the same functionality (Who's online, Stats, Birthdays, etc) as the index.php but it will at least look somewhat the same.
  • Either that, or create a secondary forum for your WoW users :)
@ adderus:
If you are still having trouble installing, try doing a fresh phpBB 3.0.5 + PBWoW RC2 install in another directory and see if that works. Also, your webserver has open directories, might wanna check that out.
Mess

Post by Mess »

PayBas wrote:Hey Mess, sorry for the late reply. I usually do all the PBWoW support from my own website and don't visit here all that often.

Now then, it seems to me like you want to have a second index page nested inside a lower forum. To be honest, I wouldn't know where to start. I'm sure phpBB doesn't support that since you essentially want all index.php functionality to go inside the viewforum.php file. I don't think there is any way to do this. I have done some searching for you to find a mod that works as a "secondary/additional/nested index page" but came up blank.

Here are a few options:
  • Make your "World of Warcraft [Paybas Theme, main forum index]" into a category forum and turn off "Enable active topics"
    It will then probably look something like this: http://pbwow.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=24 which looks somewhat like the index page. You could then modify the viewforum_body.html template to display a different header (like the index) in the case of no active topics (or whatever it's called). Essentially turning a viewforum.php that doesn't have any topics (only subforums) anyway into a index.php
    It will not have the same functionality (Who's online, Stats, Birthdays, etc) as the index.php but it will at least look somewhat the same.
  • Either that, or create a secondary forum for your WoW users :)
Thank you very much Paybas thats a good solution. Ill have a go at it.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: [DEV] PBWoW RC3 for phpBB 3.0.5

Post by PayBas »

PBWoW RC3 for phpBB 3.0.5 released!

Just wanted to inform you all that PBWoW RC3 has been released for everyone (free as usual). You can find it in the usual place (http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=972). You know the drill.

PayBas
H3llion

Post by H3llion »

It would be good to see a demo of a rank system and post count on the persons profile as afterall this is phpbb so it would be good to have a post count on either when they post under their avatar or on the persons profile. ;) Great work so far keep it going i would love to see this on the forum that i use :D
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

arti-x wrote:It would be good to see a demo of a rank system and post count on the persons profile as afterall this is phpbb so it would be good to have a post count on either when they post under their avatar or on the persons profile. ;) Great work so far keep it going i would love to see this on the forum that i use :D
Personally I didn't think it was big enough of a feature to force this into the style somewhere, I couldn't really find any place that I thought it suited. There are however, numerous users who developed methods to display post numbers. Just look here: http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=558
PayBas
Former Team Member

Post by PayBas »

Security Vulnerability, Please Read & Update

It has come to my attention that the only mod PBWoW uses that I have not coded myself (Prime Quick Style) contains a very serious vulnerability which allows SQL-intjection.

In effect, this is not a security vulnerability of PBWoW itself, but since most of you are using PQS (including myself), it can cause significant problems. I urge everyone of you to update PQS immediately. Not necessarily to the latest PBWoW version, you don't need to update PBWoW, as long as you just update the PQS script.

The new script can be found attached to my post HERE. Simply unzip the package and upload it to the directory phpbb/includes and let it overwrite the old prime_quick_style.php
MasterZ

Post by MasterZ »

Any news on when this will be 3.0.6 compatible?

Also, if I'm currently using 3.0.5 on my forums (waiting for a good WoW style to update to 3.0.6 before I update) is it best to install this style now and upgrade when you release 3.0.6, or just wait until 3.0.6 is released and then update my forums and install this style then?
Zason

Post by Zason »

Site seems down currently. Watching closely because this would solve a huge theming issue for me... maybe. Running phpbb3.0.6 and Primetime as a multisite.
Looking for help with: Linking separate PHPBB3 forum DB with a single User BD

phpBB Primetime - Not your daddy's portal.
PayBas
Former Team Member

Re: [DEV] PBWoW RC4 for phpBB 3.0.6

Post by PayBas »

PBWoW RC4 for phpBB 3.0.6 released!

Get it here: http://pbwow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6380

Ciao,

PayBas
Zason

Re: [DEV] PBWoW RC4 for phpBB 3.0.6

Post by Zason »

You are a manbeast. Thank you. >:+)

"Z"
Looking for help with: Linking separate PHPBB3 forum DB with a single User BD

phpBB Primetime - Not your daddy's portal.

Return to “[3.0.x] Styles in Development”