How to create polls?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
golembo

How to create polls?

Post by golembo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:50 am

Hello all,

I searched these forums and the rest of the internet looking for a simple explanation of how to create polls in phpbb and everywhere i checked it says that the permission to create polls is given on a 'forum permission' basis - but it does not explain how to give this permission.

Please help me learn how to give the right permissions in order that my forum users will be able to create polls.

Thanks in advanced
Golembo
Last edited by stickerboy on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic icon changed

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Re: How to create polls?

Post by stickerboy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:54 am

Go to your ACP -> Forums Tab -> Forum Permissions -> "Select Forums to add permission to" -> "Select group to assing poll permission to" & click 'Edit Permissions' -> Advanced Permissions -> Polls Tab
:)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

Ddraiggoch06

Post by Ddraiggoch06 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:56 am

Ok, ACP - Permissions - Forum Permissions. Select the forum(s) you want people to be able to make polls in, and you will see a little dropdown box for every group (Administrators, Registered Users etc). Simply select "Full Access" for administrators, and "Standard Access + Polls" for everyone else, if you want them to be able to make polls. Polls in phpBB3 are actually in the new topic page, so click "New Topic" in the forums you just changed, and at the bottom there should be "Poll Creation". Create the poll there.

Edit: Apologies cherokee red, it didn't notify that a new post had been made.
I accept PM support for phpBB3. Please do not PM me with MOD or Style support and requests.
"Give a man a fish and you'll have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you'll have fed him for a lifetime."

golembo

Post by golembo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:03 pm

Great!

Million thanks for both of you - you've helped me a lot!

Golembo

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”