multi language forum

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
a.elmasry

multi language forum

Post by a.elmasry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:57 pm

I have installed Arabic language beside English, I have two categories (English section and arabic section)
I want to set Arabic language as the default language in the Arabic section.
and English for the whole site (expect the arabic section)
is there any way to do that?

thank you :)

Lumpy Burgertushie

Re: multi language forum

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:09 pm

a.elmasry wrote:I have installed Arabic language beside English, I have two categories (English section and arabic section)

never heard of this one.

also, none of this will affect the text of the posts, only the text that is part of the board software.

now, if someone has arabic chosen for their language, then they will see all of the board text in arabic, they will be posting in arabic etc.but any posts made in english will show up in english.
the people with english chosen as their default language will see all the board text in english but the arabic posts will be in arabic and the english posts will be in english.

robert
I am available for custom work on a donation basis. Please send me a PM with your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.2 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

a.elmasry

Post by a.elmasry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
a.elmasry wrote:I have installed Arabic language beside English, I have two categories (English section and arabic section)

never heard of this one.

also, none of this will affect the text of the posts, only the text that is part of the board software.

now, if someone has arabic chosen for their language, then they will see all of the board text in arabic, they will be posting in arabic etc.but any posts made in english will show up in english.
the people with english chosen as their default language will see all the board text in english but the arabic posts will be in arabic and the english posts will be in english.

robert

I think you misunderstood me , I didn't mean translation of topics,
the problem is that when some one posts a new topic in the Arabic section everything goes well expect the title which is converted into no sense text like (1581;با) but if I made the default language Arabic the title becomes correct and can be read normally.
but I don't want to make Arabic the default language for the whole forum, I just need it for this category..

take a look at this vb forum:
http://forum.mambo-foundation.org/

they have an Arabic section when you can type in arabic with no problem

a.elmasry

Post by a.elmasry » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:23 pm

you may also take a look at my forum to check the title problem in the arabic section:

Code: Select all

URL : http://www.nlove.org

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”