[obsolete] Simply merge

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.

Rating:

Excellent!
70%
Very Good
17%
Good
9%
Fair
No votes
Poor
4%

Total votes: 23

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

[obsolete] Simply merge

Post by AbelaJohnB »

Classification: 51 Add-On's

MOD Name: Simply merge
Author: Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr
MOD Description: This MOD will allow to merge two topics together. You can input the topics id, the url to the topics or to a post of the topics, or select them in a list.

It can work as an add-on (only a link is required).

MOD Version: 1.0.0
Installation Level: Easy
Installation Time: ~ 3 Minutes

Download File: mod-merge.zip
File Size: 17113 Bytes

AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

MOD Validated/Released :mrgreen:

Personal Notes:
Works as advertized! My only two suggestions to the MOD Author would be to rename this (in a future version) to "Simple Thread Merge", as many people may think this will be a 'post merge', rather than a 'thread merge'. Secondly, I really think this thing needs a FAQ for the poor Moderators <grin> Sweet MOD here Pierre!

quentin

Post by quentin »

very cool and long awaited mod.
Easy install too. All what's left to do is change the tpl files a little bit to adapt them to the template one is using.
Even the graphic is provided :).

/off to some tpl editing
Quentin
The largest message boards on the web !
Web Design Library (coming soon)
Friends sites: Heroes of might and magic - Biometric security

djwins

Post by djwins »

Can someone explain this mod in a bit more detail?
Does this mean I can add one topic onto the end of another topic?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Actually it adds the posts of one topic into a destination topic. The order of the final topic posts is the one that would be used if all the posts were posted in the same topic. That means the posts aren't added at the end, but ordered by date/time of creation.

FX

Post by FX »

Hum i have a bug with this mod.

If i merge a simple subject with another subject (the second subject have a poll).

The merge topic will not displayed the poll.

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun »

Merge the second topic into the first. In other words merge the "non-poll" topic as the second topic, into the poll topic as the first topic. I bet that will work. There is a flag on the topic record that says whether the topic is a poll or not, but merging into the poll I am willing to bet it will work. The mod author can confirm, of course, but it's a pretty good assumption I think. 8)
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

Poyet11

Post by Poyet11 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Actually it adds the posts of one topic into a destination topic. The order of the final topic posts is the one that would be used if all the posts were posted in the same topic. That means the posts aren't added at the end, but ordered by date/time of creation.

I installed this MOD quite a long time ago, before it was released (actually, I contributed the Spanish translation) and I've rated it as Excellent, because it is. :D

However, I wonder whether it wouldn't be better to add all posts from the source topic at the end of the destination topic, because sometimes, when the moderator notices the need to merge, the destination topic may have been receiving posts for some time, and then the added posts appear scattered, being it quite difficult to understand what's happened in the topic for someone who hasn't been following it.

Did I explain myself? I'm not sure... :?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You did. Actually it would require to change the posts date the user created his post, so I'm not sure it would be a good thing neither.

kleptik

Post by kleptik »

ok this wont work for me and wont let people sign up now.

and sql wont work. i used easy mod, but sense it needs sql it gives me a sql file, and it wont work, i dun know sql very good

this is what file gives me

Code: Select all

<?
#########################################################
## SQL commands to phpBB2
## Author: Niels Chr. Rød
## Nickname: Niels Chr. Denmark
## Email: ncr@db9.dk
##
## Ver 1.0.9
##
## phpBB2 database update script for mods
## this file is intended to use with phpBB2, when installing mods
## after so you may delete this file, but only admin can use so it really doesen't matter
## The script will look what prefix you are using, and use the existing DB defined by congig.php
## The execution of this script's included SQL is harmless, so you can run it as meny times you like
##
#########################################################

define('IN_PHPBB', true);
$phpbb_root_path = './';
include($phpbb_root_path . 'extension.inc');
include($phpbb_root_path . 'common.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions_selects.'.$phpEx);

###################################################################################################
##
## put the SQL commands below here, the SQL commands listed below are only exampels, substitude them with the one you need ##
##
###################################################################################################
$sql=array(
'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_passwd_change INT(11) NOT NULL',
'UPDATE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' SET user_passwd_change=user_regdate',
'UPDATE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' SET user_passwd_change=' .time(). ' WHERE user_level='.ADMIN,
'INSERT INTO '. CONFIG_TABLE . ' (config_name, config_value) VALUES ("max_password_age", "730")',
'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_badlogin SMALLINT(5) NOT NULL',
'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_blocktime INT(11) NOT NULL',
'ALTER TABLE ' . USERS_TABLE . ' ADD user_block_by VARCHAR (8)',
'INSERT INTO '. CONFIG_TABLE . ' (config_name, config_value) VALUES ("block_time", "15")',
'INSERT INTO '. CONFIG_TABLE . ' (config_name, config_value) VALUES ("max_login_error", "3")',
'INSERT INTO '. CONFIG_TABLE . ' (config_name, config_value) VALUES ("min_password_len", "6")',
'INSERT INTO '. CONFIG_TABLE . ' (config_name, config_value) VALUES ("force_complex_password", "0")',
'INSERT INTO '. CONFIG_TABLE . ' (config_name, config_value) VALUES ("password_not_login", "1")'
);

$mods = array ( 
'Protect useraccount','Protect useraccount','Protect useraccount','Protect useraccount',
'Protect useraccount','Protect useraccount','Protect useraccount','Protect useraccount'
);

############################################### Do not change anything below this line #######################################

//
// Start session management
//
$userdata = session_pagestart($user_ip, PAGE_INDEX);
init_userprefs($userdata);
//
// End session management
//

if ($userdata['user_level']!=ADMIN)
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "You are not Authorised to do this"); 
$n=0;
$message="<b>This list is a result of the SQL queries needed for mod</b><br/><br/>";
while($sql[$n])
{
	$message .= ($mods[$n-1] != $mods[$n]) ? '<p><b><font size=3>'.$mods[$n].'</font></b><br/>' : '';
	if(!$result = $db->sql_query($sql[$n])) 
	$message .= '<b><font color=#FF0000>[Already added]</font></b> line: '.($n+1).' , '.$sql[$n].'<br />';
	else $message .='<b><font color=#0000fF>[Added/Updated]</font></b> line: '.($n+1).' , '.$sql[$n].'<br />';
	$n++;
}
 message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $message); 
?>

Now whats wrong with that? and if it gives me wrong sql etc.

how i un-install mod

thanks
Kleptik

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

What do you ask on this topic ? Your problem has nothing to deal with Simply merge :roll:

kleptik

Post by kleptik »

yeh heh clickeed wrong forum fast, shoot is there anyway to move that post?

and i just replaced all old files

btw simply merge is neat :)

not on my board yet, jus have it on my test board

strngr12

Post by strngr12 »

Okay, does this not work with hiearchies or something? I just installed it and maybe I'm missing something but nothing has changed. I have no "merge" buttons or anything. It's like I did nothing at all.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Display a topic, then look down left :).

strngr12

Post by strngr12 »

New Topic, Post Reply

Page 1 of 1
Watch this topic for replies

:(

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”