combining boards?

This is an archive of the phpBB 2.0.x support forum. Support for phpBB2 has now ended.
Forum rules
Following phpBB2's EoL, this forum is now archived for reference purposes only.
Please see the following announcement for more information: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1385785
ghostrider

combining boards?

Post by ghostrider » Tue Aug 05, 2003 11:35 pm

Say I have 2 seperate phpbb board systems... is there a way to combine both boards into one board without have a postid/forumid catastrophe. I don't know if there's a script available for this type of transition... but if there is, can someone point me in the right direction? thnx. :)

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:12 am

Does anybody know?

Drowelf

Post by Drowelf » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:15 am

maybe theres a way to combined the databases, but if u tried cahngin the script and shit then u would need to make sure the forums for both boards are dif names(atleast the cataglories) and then if u get it, ud need to move the corrisponding threads to be in the same forum...

but i have no sure idea of how exactly to do it..
Drowelf - Bringing you AntiAdmin entertainment since 1997

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider » Wed Aug 06, 2003 12:19 am

Both boards share the same DB. We originally did this to have 2 seperate boards ie. Forums and Dairies. Kind-of-a subforum but not. I believe this will be solved in the next release of phpbb.

I would like to transfer the diary section onto the forum section. Doing so will create 2 of the same postid/forumid...

I think I would need a script that would take the last id from the forum section and assign that id+1 to the first post of the diary section and continue until all diary posts were reassigned.

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider » Wed Aug 06, 2003 7:53 pm

uh, does anybody from the tech/moderator team know?

A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut » Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:09 pm

Better yet: someone from the Group: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=119777 :P
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish

Return to “2.0.x Support Forum”