Cannot Delete Moderator

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
gallussia

Cannot Delete Moderator

Post by gallussia » Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Hi I have spent that last week upgrading and getting used to the new functions on the ACP. maybe i am just tired, but for the life of me i CANNOT delete one user as a mod.

can some one give a tired fella a break

ACP> then where...really if you come to Cambodia...beers are on me..."all night long"
Last edited by gallussia on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Cannot Delete Moderator

Post by KevC » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:06 pm

Just as a little background, to avoid having to hunt for things like this it's always best to do it by groups. You make a group with the right permissions, then if that person is in the group they can do those things. To remove them, all you would then have to do is take them out of the group.

Sounds like you might have given them individual moderator permissions.

If you look at the bottom of the permissions tab there are masks.
You can use those to see where you've given them the permission.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

blakebowling

Post by blakebowling » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:12 pm

If you do try to take off moderator permissions, make sure you press the Remove button, and not edit back to No Role Assigned, that will not change anything.

gallussia

Post by gallussia » Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:56 am

thank you to both of you for your replies. I am going to have another go at this in a short time.

@Kevin Clark, also at the bottom of the permissions page under permissions mask there is also a link to the quick start guide, which looks like may also help me understand the new ACP as well. Thanks again and I'll get back to you when I'm done

gallussia

Post by gallussia » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 am

hi I have been trying this again. It would appear that the user ichtom now appears in blue as a registered user on the forum, however still has moderator permissions. I have checked the group permissions for Cambodia and he is NOT in the group. When I check "administer user" and then go to "administrate user" he still can edit posts.

essentially what I am trying to do is remove the user from the forum so that he does NOT appear as a moderator and also take away the permissions.

thanks in advance

Anthony
Attachments
Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (46.75 KiB) Viewed 52 times
Picture 3.png
Picture 3.png (156.89 KiB) Viewed 54 times

gallussia

Post by gallussia » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:49 am

I ended up having to delete the user (retain posts) although his information was great over the last few weeks he seemed to take on a new role as god of the forums and unfortunately need to be stopped.
I tried for hours to remove him as an moderator and would love to know how to remove him (or others in the future) from the board as appearing a a registered user (blue) but listed on some topics as a moderator.

Merry Xmas to you all.

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:47 pm

As Kevin was explaining, you can use "Permissions Masks" to trace where a user is getting permissions.

In this case, you would have wanted to go to:
ACP / Permissions / Permissions Masks / View Forum Moderator Permissions
Choose the Forum
Type the User's name into the "Find a member" box and click "View Permissions"
Click the circle-arrow next to an unexpected Green permission to view where that permission comes from.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”